1292 8 2017-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nick779
lvl.2
Flight distance : 459610 ft
United States

Running the latest firmware and go 4.

Is it typical for 3 batteries to drain 70% battery on an iPhone 6 at 80% brightness? I feel like the spark wasn't nearly this "bad"
Map caching is off. Normal mode streaming quality. Follow me was only around 7 minutes and didn't work

Second, when I turn on follow me mode, it says I have a strong gps signal, then the signal strength just totally disappears. Mavic just stops and hovers. Is this a IOS issue?

Any ideas for either?
2017-9-13
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Crazy i can go thru 3 batteries on mavic and have between 10 to 15 % drained from s8+ so id say something is wrong
2017-9-13
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Also I don't really trust follow me mode on DJI drones it will say you have strong signal but when I tried it on my phantom 4 I nearly crashed it it just zoom to the right just caught it before it hit tree..... So no input there
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It is hard to judge that battery drain with your mobile. Please check are there any other apps running at the same time. For the follow me mode, it is subject to the GPS accuracy of the mobile device.If it fails, you can try to enable cellular on DJI GO 4 app to ensure the accuracy and the rate of the GPS refresh.
2017-9-13
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-9-13 17:55
Crazy i can go thru 3 batteries on mavic and have between 10 to 15 % drained from s8+ so id say something is wrong

i wish my S8 was that good, 3 batteries later i'm usually 100% -> 40% on my S8 and its scalding hot! the only app that causes it to drain that hard or get that hot.  im glad i switched back to IOS for my drone..

that being said airplane mode on my iPad mini 2 with my mavic pro, 3 batteries later usually it's drained about 10% with 100% brightness.... with my GF's iPad pro 9.7 usually barely touches the battery, like 2% battery drain at 100% brightness for 3 batteries.  her iPhone 7 no telling, because that is her main phone and she is always running a metric ton at once.. my iphone 5S drains abnormally quick too.. about 10% per battery..gets a tad warm, nothing alarming.  
2017-9-13
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I am not sure it is an IOS issue but may depend on what other apps are running on your phone. I have an Ipad Mini 4 and it will still have 75% battery after using 3 Mavic batteries including follow me, video etc.
I have never had a GPS issue with follow me.
2017-9-13
Use props
Nick779
lvl.2
Flight distance : 459610 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-13 18:35
It is hard to judge that battery drain with your mobile. Please check are there any other apps running at the same time. For the follow me mode, it is subject to the GPS accuracy of the mobile device.If it fails, you can try to enable cellular on DJI GO 4 app to ensure the accuracy and the rate of the GPS refresh.

So, everything else is closed, no background notifications either, reduce motion on. I run my iPhone 6 pretty lean and turn off anything I dont need. Background app refresh included.

DJI Go 4 has Cell and location services enabled.
Im wondering if the phone is just ready for an upgrade. I think im going to grab an 8 later this year, but might use a Google Nexus 7 2nd gen as my main device for my Mavic. Ive heard good things about it.

2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Nick779 Posted at 2017-9-14 03:56
So, everything else is closed, no background notifications either, reduce motion on. I run my iPhone 6 pretty lean and turn off anything I dont need. Background app refresh included.

DJI Go 4 has Cell and location services enabled.

Yeah, Google Nexus 7 II is on the support device list, so it could compatible with DJI GO / 4 well. So maybe now you could have a power bank for your mobile device for this issue. Or if you have another mobile device you can also have a test.
2017-9-15
Use props
Ribeiro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2950994 ft
Brazil

The iPhone 6 battery is terrible (even when it launched). At around 70% brightness mine will drain >80% battery in airplane mode. At 100% I can barely use 2 batteries. The iPhone7 (and newer iPads)is much better. For DJI Go either use a newer iPhone or iPad with iOS
2017-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules