Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pushed Spark to height limit with WIFI(no OTG)
9404 19 2017-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moh_rafiudeen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

Yesterday one of my friend asked, how high does spark goes. I put it under test and here's the conclusion.

all firmware up to date.
DJI Go V4.1.8

2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Based on your video, it showed weak image transmission.
Please note that it is related to your way to put your antenna and I would not suggest you to fly your drone over your head cause it will affect the transmission.
You should fly your spark in a place without interference, such as, factories, high voltage line and bluetooth devices.
2017-9-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Only the Clouds are the limit ;-)

Cloud.jpg

That was 490m
I had to check it, too
2017-9-14
Use props
Anuvis
First Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Very nice picture....
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-9-14 00:36

[view_image]

Thanks for sharing. Please check carefully and follow the tips, there are lots of objects which can have a great impact on image.
Hope you have a nice flight.
2017-9-14
Use props
moh_rafiudeen
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-13 23:35
Please note that it is related to your way to put your antenna and I would not suggest you to fly your drone over your head cause it will affect the transmission.
You should fly your spark in a place without interference, such as, factories, high voltage line and bluetooth devices.

Thanks for that piece of Advice, usually I wont fly above 100 meters, today I just wanted to check with the max height that I can reach
2017-9-14
Use props
moh_rafiudeen
lvl.4
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-9-14 00:36

[view_image]

its like playing clash of clans
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

moh_rafiudeen Posted at 2017-9-14 01:09
Thanks for that piece of Advice, usually I wont fly above 100 meters, today I just wanted to check with the max height that I can reach

Ok, please check the information above and hope it can help you with your next flight. Keep us updated, thanks.
2017-9-14
Use props
Indi91
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103973 ft

Scary but a nice picture
2017-9-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That was pretty high.
How high are you allowed you fly in the USA?
2017-9-14
Use props
InkedUpDad.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55276 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-14 05:21
That was pretty high.

The standard for recreation in the USA is 400 feet.
2017-9-16
Use props
Dji Community
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-14 05:21
That was pretty high.

ya, 400 for recreation as stated..  but if you are in an area with no air traffic or advisories or anything.. (check various maps and tools), you should be clear to fly higher.  not sure how high before you need to get clearance or a waiver that has to be researched greater.  but if its clear and indicated as such and you know the area has quiet skies, i'm sure no one will give you a hard time for a quick buzz either way.   

as for getting clearance to fly higher, that is actually fairly easy as long as the area you are flying in isn't in a direct pathway for incoming or outgoing air traffic.   FAA has been fairly lenient on giving out clearances and waivers.  my local airport near my second home told me i am clear up to 400 feet (as requested) and for she even said for foreseeable future i should not need to request clearance in this area unless i make changes..

2017-9-16
Use props
moh_rafiudeen
lvl.4
United States

im from india!!
2017-9-20
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 302316 ft
Norway

wow now thats high
2017-10-31
Use props
Kansas Boy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

moh_rafiudeen Posted at 2017-9-14 01:09

https://www.faa.gov/uas/faqs/

Please review these guidelines.  Your test is the kind of thing that causes the government to place additional regulations on this hobby and impacts all of us in the US.
2017-10-31
Use props
Rafi_m
lvl.4
United States

Kansas Boy Posted at 2017-10-31 05:22
https://www.faa.gov/uas/faqs/

Please review these guidelines.  Your test is the kind of thing that causes the government to place additional regulations on this hobby and impacts all of us in the US.

Sorry, im from India
2017-10-31
Use props
Rafi_m
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-13 23:35

there was no weak image transmission warning with djigo 4.1.5 version. something problem with 4.1.10 version..
2017-10-31
Use props
Kansas Boy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

Ok.  Sorry.  I based my comment on the location shown under you avatar.  If you are not flying in the US my comment was misdirected. I have no idea what the rules are in India and it is none of my business or my concern.  If you are flying in the US please help to not cause further regulation of the hobby by following the guidelines I linked in the previous post.  Thanks.
2017-10-31
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Fun test to watch!
2017-10-31
Use props
Rafi_m
lvl.4
United States

Kansas Boy Posted at 2017-10-31 05:56
Ok.  Sorry.  I based my comment on the location shown under you avatar.  If you are not flying in the US my comment was misdirected. I have no idea what the rules are in India and it is none of my business or my concern.  If you are flying in the US please help to not cause further regulation of the hobby by following the guidelines I linked in the previous post.  Thanks.

No Problem, it might be because my work station is connected to US Server
2017-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules