Phantom 3 Se Ce mode range comparison.
4258 16 2017-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andrewrok
lvl.2
Flight distance : 257523 ft
Italy

Hi could i know the range that you can reach here in Europe with the Ph3Se? Because i have a lot of range issues with this kind of drone but i heard of stunning distance here in Europe in Ce mode with stock  antenna right out of the box...I tried to use nexus7 and iphone 6s...no range difference only IOS has smooth video!
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Here is the max transmission distance for Phantom 3 SE: FCC Compliant: 2.5 mi (4 km); CE Compliant: 0.3 mi (500m)  (Unobstructed, free of interference). How about your drone? Flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area; also, the position of the antenna makes a great effort, too. Please make sure the remote controller’s antenna is positioned parallel to and pointed towards the aircraft.
2017-9-14
Use props
Andrewrok
lvl.2
Italy

Mr Dji Thor the Se has just 1 antenna....seems you know very well the aircraft.... In open area 10km the nearest city my Se reach almost 500mt but has very unstable connection....often loose connection enable Rth and recconnect when the aircraft is close to me...sometime 30mt...sometime 5mt...sometime 100mt.... I tried various location doesn't change nothing make something with the intelligent flight modes is impossible after 150/200mt....
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Andrewrok Posted at 2017-9-14 04:46
Mr Dji Thor the Se has just 1 antenna....seems you know very well the aircraft.... In open area 10km the nearest city my Se reach almost 500mt but has very unstable connection....often loose connection enable Rth and recconnect when the aircraft is close to me...sometime 30mt...sometime 5mt...sometime 100mt.... I tried various location doesn't change nothing make something with the intelligent flight modes is impossible after 150/200mt....

I am sorry for my rush. But the working logic is the same. I suggest reporting your case to our support team to start a data analysis, we can help to check if it might be the hardware issue for the distance. Please send an email to support.eu@dji.com for a further help. Thank you.
2017-9-14
Use props
Andrewrok
lvl.2
Italy

Support team said me to check the compass and check the Imu....i checked them and after i checked the range too....nothing changed maximum range the same and the same poor connection, after 180/230mt start to loose connection and i can reach more than 400mt only at low speed waiting step to step to regain a connection until the next disconnection....
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Andrewrok Posted at 2017-9-16 03:24
Support team said me to check the compass and check the Imu....i checked them and after i checked the range too....nothing changed maximum range the same and the same poor connection, after 180/230mt start to loose connection and i can reach more than 400mt only at low speed waiting step to step to regain a connection until the next disconnection....

Is this problem based on a specific flying spot? Is the firmware up to date?
2017-9-16
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Latest firmware for Phantom 3 Se is V1.3.20
2017-9-16
Use props
Andrewrok
lvl.2
Italy

Yes the firmware is update...i've flown in 4/5 different location...also in mountain far far away form cities....same unstable connection...!! I'm very curious to heard other here in Europe about their range.
2017-9-16
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

In what altitude you let the P3SE flying? ...and do you adjust the antenna after the birds distance? If your bird is flying in low altitude then you will have slightly more obstacles between your remote and your bird.
The bird will lose the connection sooner as you wish and the bird will return to home. I think the WIFI will also be weak.
2017-9-16
Use props
Andrewrok
lvl.2
Italy

Usually in flat area height 60 to 80mt...but i tried also on top of a hill at the same height of the bird flying over a valley..... every time the same!! Really is not funny...
2017-9-16
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

If the signal loss not in the same distance then is it dependent from all factors as weather(may be),what is under the ground,battery charge of the RC/AC .
My RTH distance kicks in by 400 meters in bad days and near 500 meters on good days( sub urban)
2017-9-17
Use props
Beanblossomfly0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149016 ft

I just purchased the 3SE and cannot exceed 500 m. I live in Indiana in the country. Having lots of interference problems depending on where I launch from. How do I get a longer range. I am limited to 500 m in a matter what I do including being in a wide open area near a large reservoir.
2018-8-27
Use props
Andrewrok
lvl.2
United States

I sold the Se and bought an used Adv....... it's far but very far away better...the Adv it's really a stunning drone.... now i bought a new Mavic2 but really i will never sell the Ph3 adv!!!! never....
2018-10-13
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

i get 1500 meters with stock antenna and the phone app icarus where you change the dbm to 27 as in cce country.and with windsurfer parabolic 1800 meters on the phantom 3 standard.icarus app you only need to change the dbm for ac and rc once and it will stay on what you changed it to.and i use the lichi to fly its in the city have not checked in plain country side Firmware 1.7.9
2018-10-14
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

i got near 3800 mts on mine with stock antenna using russian mod  , this mod dont allow the switch to CE .

To know if you are in FCC check the 2.4Ghz Channel in the app , if you get 11 channels , then you AC and RC are in FCC .

You can find related post and apps About Phantom 3 SE FCC in Phantom pilots page

2018-10-14
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

Un fortunaly the P3S controls with 5.8 GHz and can´t be switched to 2.4
2018-10-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

To correct Post #3, the controller has 3 antennas but two of them are patch antennas hidden inside the controller facing straight ahead.

It's important to position and aim the antennas correctly.  The stick antenna must be upright and aimed correctly.

There are a lot of simple little things one can do to maximize distance.  

Here is my favorite SE video - from the app - stock setup - flying in Italy

2018-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules