7291 27 2017-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Little problems with it like turning it on will require 3 pushes instead of the 2 press and hold..... its acting odd. First it said there was not enough charge in the battery when I've charged it to 100% before hurricane Irma came. Also Phantom 4 is useless since the the latest firmware doesn't work so well. Oh the jerkyness.
2017-9-14
Use props
joakim3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4335463 ft
Sweden

Same foure my
Screenshot_20170914-185757.png
2017-9-14
Use props
Drshiwas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 892339 ft
Spain

i had the same error, but after restarted controller everything was fine. but for second i was afraid
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Does the issue appear every time? Please upload a short video for better assistance.
2017-9-14
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

My upgrade is ok. But... after restart RC cant start. Any signal, any diode, nothing. After minute with hold start, starting flashing red first diode, i tried shut down and start again. It started, uff...  on greece by money of my client, i musí fly there. Now i have 1.9.3.and looks good
2017-9-15
Use props
Dwiggleflex
New
Flight distance : 28031 ft
United States

I was just flying my P4P and gimbal was malfunctioning causing  the picture to be jumpy. So I turned everything off in an effort to allow the system to reboot the gimbal operation. Upon restart I received the update message so.  with the  drone on and connected to the Rc and the iPhone  I proceeded with the update. Now I that the update is finished I cannot connect to the Drone
2017-9-16
Use props
Playtime4Ever
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181017 ft
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-14 22:45
Does the issue appear every time? Please upload a short video for better assistance.

hantom 4 RC beeping problem after 1.9.3 firmware update
First thought it was only when ipad/iphone was connected before turning on RC. But it happens randomly, wit or without it.
Sometimes I need to turn off the RC several times before it's Ok without beeping, sometimes it's OK wit the first try.

So after the latest phantom firmware problem I also have a problem with the RC?!?

See https://youtu.be/VDUtVWalMOY

I tried to downgrade the RC to a lower version, 1.80 does not work, after a few seconds it stops.
Then tried 1.50, that working, no beeps.
Then re-upgrade to latest 1.9.3, again the beeps.
Why can’t I downgrade tot 1.9.2??

Peter

2017-9-17
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Interesting.  Mine (P4 Std.)  doesn't even ask for the 1.9.3 update and is still on 1.9.2.  They may be sending it out randomly to keep sever overload down.  Dunno.

Yours seems to show a  lot of red bars in the channels as interference too.  I've also noted that I need to unplug and replug my iPad Air 2 or I get a Disconnected message on starting up.  Fwiw, this is happening with the RC for the Inspire 2 as well as it too disconnects during flight where the RC green LED goes off and rest stay on so it's grounded until DJI gets their act together.

DJI has some bad bugs someplace with their RC units, imho.

2017-9-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Playtime4Ever Posted at 2017-9-17 06:56
First thought it was only when ipad/iphone was connected before turning on RC. But it happens randomly, wit or without it.
Sometimes I need to turn off the RC several times before it's Ok without beeping, sometimes it's OK wit the first try.

I wonder if it would be objecting to the additional channels being open. Might be worth a try with a clean install of DJI Go 4. At least it might help prove one way or another whether that is the cause.
2017-9-17
Use props
Playtime4Ever
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181017 ft
Netherlands

@ DJI Susan
No it does not happen every time but most of the times...
Why is there no downgrade possibility for 1.9.2?
2017-9-17
Use props
Fruxen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

I had the same problem this morning. Intense beeping and light flashing red, but it worked fine after restarting the RC.

I have avoided the recent firmware updates so I'm still on 1.8.0.
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please try to calibrate the Controller first and check whether it works and keep me updated. Thanks in advance.
2017-9-19
Use props
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also it doesn't charge fully. Stops at 76% And then after a flight, it will say 58%
2017-10-12
Use props
fans0d23caf9
New
Flight distance : 7 ft
Brazil

pllphoto Posted at 2017-10-12 20:49
Also it doesn't charge fully. Stops at 76% And then after a flight, it will say 58%

Same problem here.  Batery stops at 75% and now 50%. just 2 of 4 leds are lighting while charging.
Hey DJI support, what can we do about this?????? A lot of people have faced this same problem! What the hell??? Why you don't fix it??
2017-11-11
Use props
Lipad
lvl.1

Philippines

fans0d23caf9 Posted at 2017-11-11 15:44
Same problem here.  Batery stops at 75% and now 50%. just 2 of 4 leds are lighting while charging.
Hey DJI support, what can we do about this?????? A lot of people have faced this same problem! What the hell??? Why you don't fix it??

Same problem with my P4. Please resolve.
2018-3-23
Use props
fans8d082bd4
New
Flight distance : 3 ft

Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-19 04:04
Please try to calibrate the Controller first and check whether it works and keep me updated. Thanks in advance.

I have the similar problem for firmware updating...

I was told to update the firmware to 1.9.3, but in my display dji go 4, it just shows under overall status that updated required and "Abnormal" Warning, but when I tap in, there is nothing available in the page. Now  the led light is solid red, I could hardly see the video display. it seems that RC is connected to aircraft, because I can take off and tilt the camera.

Could you please let me know if this bug has been fixed by now?

Regard,

Li
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans8d082bd4 Posted at 2018-5-7 11:34
I have the similar problem for firmware updating...

I was told to update the firmware to 1.9.3, but in my display dji go 4, it just shows under overall status that updated required and "Abnormal" Warning, but when I tap in, there is nothing available in the page. Now  the led light is solid red, I could hardly see the video display. it seems that RC is connected to aircraft, because I can take off and tilt the camera.

Li, please connect the RC with DJI GO 4, hold the three bars on the right upper corner for 8-10 seconds. Then a window will pop up, please try to refresh the firmware to see whether it works.
2018-5-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Lipad Posted at 2018-3-23 05:34
Same problem with my P4. Please resolve.

Sorry for the late response. I'm afraid that this issue cannot be figured out remotely, please kindly start a case and send the unit in from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-5-11
Use props
peommes
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-11 01:53
Li, please connect the RC with DJI GO 4, hold the three bars on the right upper corner for 8-10 seconds. Then a window will pop up, please try to refresh the firmware to see whether it works.

Hi Susan,

Today I wanted to update everything for my P4 std, after a long Norwegian winter. The weather is picking up and I want to get out there and fly.

Updating drone firmware was straight forward. After that, and NFZs, the message still said "firmware update required" when I "Go fly". When I press it, there is nothing on the list. Exactly like Li sais above here. Front LEDs are solid red. I have checked all units in the "About" tab, and everything but the RC is up to date. I cannot seem to get the RC updated to 1.9.3, it is currently 1.9.2 and there is no "check"-button in the "About"-tab. I tried holding the three bars like you responded, but nothing happens.

Tips?

Regards,
Pål Erik
2018-5-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

peommes Posted at 2018-5-12 03:38
Hi Susan,

Today I wanted to update everything for my P4 std, after a long Norwegian winter. The weather is picking up and I want to get out there and fly.

If it's any consolation then the V1.9.2 RC firmware should work well unless you use the head tracking function in Goggles, which is what was introduced in the step up from V1.9.2 to V1.9.3.

From the Release Notes

What’s New
• Added support for Head Tracking function when connected with the DJI Goggles.
2018-5-12
Use props
peommes
lvl.1
Norway

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-12 03:54
If it's any consolation then the V1.9.2 RC firmware should work well unless you use the head tracking function in Goggles, which is what was introduced in the step up from V1.9.2 to V1.9.3.

From the Release Notes

Thank you, I did not know that and it is of no use to me.

Then I know that my current RC firmware is ok for my use, but still the warning is constantly there to update firmware. Any tips on how I remove the "Firmware update required" warning and stay on 1.9.2? Everything else, software-wise, seems to be updated and good to go. Front two LEDs are solid red, I guess that is related to the required firmware update?

Regards,
Pål Erik
2018-5-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

peommes Posted at 2018-5-12 04:09
Thank you, I did not know that and it is of no use to me.

Then I know that my current RC firmware is ok for my use, but still the warning is constantly there to update firmware. Any tips on how I remove the "Firmware update required" warning and stay on 1.9.2? Everything else, software-wise, seems to be updated and good to go. Front two LEDs are solid red, I guess that is related to the required firmware update?

"Front two LEDs are solid red, I guess that is related to the required firmware update?"

The two front LEDs are always solid red unless you chose to disable them in DJI Go 4. These are the front 'navigation' lights to let you see which way the aircraft is facing.

As to the update, I would try deleting and reinstalling DJI Go 4, or there may be a glitch in the latest release (V4.2.14).
2018-5-12
Use props
peommes
lvl.1
Norway

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-12 04:56
"Front two LEDs are solid red, I guess that is related to the required firmware update?"

The two front LEDs are always solid red unless you chose to disable them in DJI Go 4. These are the front 'navigation' lights to let you see which way the aircraft is facing.

Ah, I see. I have misread some info earlier. Ok, LEDs does not take part in this problem then. Still, the problem is there.

I re-installed the app, and everything is fully charged. Still same problem: everything is updated according to checks, except for the RC firmware. Top left corner, next to the DJI logo, is usually says "Ready to go (GPS)" with a green light as soon as the startup sequence is good. Now it is blinking between red and green, with mostly the red message saying "Firmware update required" being there.

I took it out now, to test it. It flies as normal, just did some testing around my house. As soon as it was in the air, the top left message is "In Air" with green light. Could not find any issues with flying.

When I press the red "Firmware update required", I enter the "Aircraft status". Top line here says "Overall status", has a red triangle and a message saying "Updates required". When I then press this, I get a blank page. No scrolling, no details, nothing. The only thing I can do is exit.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Regards,
Pål Erik
2018-5-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

peommes Posted at 2018-5-12 06:01
Ah, I see. I have misread some info earlier. Ok, LEDs does not take part in this problem then. Still, the problem is there.

I re-installed the app, and everything is fully charged. Still same problem: everything is updated according to checks, except for the RC firmware. Top left corner, next to the DJI logo, is usually says "Ready to go (GPS)" with a green light as soon as the startup sequence is good. Now it is blinking between red and green, with mostly the red message saying "Firmware update required" being there.

"When I then press this, I get a blank page. No scrolling, no details, nothing. The only thing I can do is exit."

This is the only path that I know of to update the P4 'GL300C' RC firmware. Usually you would see update appear when you tap on the line with the red triangle. I assume that your display device has a good wifi connection when you are checking this ?

2018-5-12
Use props
peommes
lvl.1
Norway

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-12 06:14
"When I then press this, I get a blank page. No scrolling, no details, nothing. The only thing I can do is exit."

This is the only path that I know of to update the P4 'GL300C' RC firmware. Usually you would see update appear when you tap on the line with the red triangle. I assume that your display device has a good wifi connection when you are checking this ?

Yes, normally when this line is tapped the details of updates are presented. But like Li wrote earlier in this thread, there is nothing there now.
Yes, very good wifi connection, everything fully charged everything like every time I have updated the equipment.

At least I can use the drone, there are no issues with the connection between the remote and the drone. Still, I would prefer no red warnings when I use it...

Regards,
Pål Erik
2018-5-12
Use props
peommes
lvl.1
Norway

Update:

I read in other threads that there were a lot of issues regarding these updates. I tried following a successful tip and downgraded my DJI GO 4 app to 4.2.4.
With this in place, the RC update was finally visible, and I ran it to upgrade to 1.9.3.

However, when it was done, I restarted the RC and it went from fully charged to empty battery. Now I am afraid I have the charging problems I read about earlier in this thread...
Charging now, lets see.

So much hassle these days! Is DJI trying to do something about all these issues? I see a lot of people complaining about missing feedback and will to fix issues.

Regards
Pål Erik
2018-5-15
Use props
peommes
lvl.1
Norway

Update #2:

Recharged my RC, states 100% - hence I did not get the problems mentioned earlier in this thread.

Everything is now updated, including RC to 1.9.3. Running DJI GO 4 version 4.2.4. Everything is green light, good to go. Will test flying later. Sticking to app 4.2.4 for now!

@Aardvark: Thanks for your input. Hopefully everything will be running smooth now.

Regards,
Pål Erik
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

peommes Posted at 2018-5-15 03:58
Update #2:

Recharged my RC, states 100% - hence I did not get the problems mentioned earlier in this thread.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Anyway, nice to see you have figured out the issue. Fly safe!
2018-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules