Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with "Find My Drone"
2650 12 2017-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vitriol
New
Flight distance : 20902 ft
France

Hello,
I have tested the "Find my Drone" feature for my Spark and I have problems to use it.

I clic on "Find My Drone", I see the map with the red icon of my Spark.

If the Spark is disconnected from the RC, when I clic on the red icon :
- the button "Turn on ESC Beeping" appears but is greyed (why ?)
- the button "Turn on Smart LED" appears and I can clic on it, but when I clic, I get the message "Drone not Connected" (this seems normal)

If the Spark is connected to the RC, when I clic on the red icon, nothing appends
no button appears....

Is the "Find my Drone" feature limited for the Spark (No ESC beepping, no Smart Led) ?
or is it a bug ??

Is there a solution ?

PS : excuse my poor english, i'm french

2017-9-14
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Vitriol, I've not experimented with "find my drone" at all, so I'm not qualified to answer this (until I do my own experimenting).  Are you asking because you have lost your drone and need to find it?  Or are you asking because you want to understand this feature ahead of really needing it?  Whenever someone in the forums asks a question that I don't know, it inspires me to go out and test.  In your case, if you've lost your drone and if you are trying to find it, that gives us some urgency to help.
2017-9-14
Use props
Vitriol
New
Flight distance : 20902 ft
France

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-14 06:09
Hi Vitriol, I've not experimented with "find my drone" at all, so I'm not qualified to answer this (until I do my own experimenting).  Are you asking because you have lost your drone and need to find it?  Or are you asking because you want to understand this feature ahead of really needing it?  Whenever someone in the forums asks a question that I don't know, it inspires me to go out and test.  In your case, if you've lost your drone and if you are trying to find it, that gives us some urgency to help.

Thanks Charles, but there is no emergency,
I had lost my Spark last week and found it in a forest, under the leaves on the ground.
I have found it by turning on the engines and listening its sound...
But I've had a big stress and that's why I want to understand "Find my Drone"
2017-9-14
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vitriol Posted at 2017-9-14 06:35
Thanks Charles, but there is no emergency,
I had lost my Spark last week and found it in a forest, under the leaves on the ground.
I have found it by turning on the engines and listening its sound...

I LOVE THIS!

A person after my own heart.  Yes, let's understand the functionality before we really need it

I don't know that I have time to experiment with this until the weekend, but now I have strong desire to understand it as well.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

ESC Beeping and Smart LED can only be used when the drone is connected, or it will fail to send the order. Besides, please keep clicking the red arrow (AC) icon until the choices showed. If it still doesn't appear, please provide us a short video about this situation, thank you so much.
2017-9-17
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-17 21:07
ESC Beeping and Smart LED can only be used when the drone is connected, or it will fail to send the order. Besides, please keep clicking the red arrow (AC) icon until the choices showed. If it still doesn't appear, please provide us a short video about this situation, thank you so much.

Please define "when the drone is connected"?

I have just tried to test this feature in "Find my drone" and turned on the Mavic and the RC.
The RC (without a mobile device) was connected to the Mavic (green tail lights blinking) and there were plenty of GPS satellites visible, yet ESC beeping was still not available.
In the past I had accidentally landed my Mavic in tall grass and I would have loved to make my Mavic beep, to make finding it that much easier.
So, how can I make my Mavic beep to find it?
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Based on the last location of aircraft before it is dislocated from the remote.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-18 12:38
Please define "when the drone is connected"?

I have just tried to test this feature in "Find my drone" and turned on the Mavic and the RC.

It means when the app, drone, RC is all connecting normally when you initiate it. If it can't make a noise, please provide me a short video. Thanks.
2017-9-20
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-20 01:01
It means when the app, drone, RC is all connecting normally when you initiate it. If it can't make a noise, please provide me a short video. Thanks.

Whatever I do, drone connected to RC only or drone connected to RC + phone (DJI GO 4), and when I then tap Turn on ESC Beeping or Turn on Smart LED, a small message "Drone not connected" pops up where I tapped the screen.
This is also happening with the current FW and DJI GO 4 v. 4.1.9.
Turn on ESC Beeping is almost always greyed out.
Screenshot_20170918-215020-2.png
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-20 01:33
Whatever I do, drone connected to RC only or drone connected to RC + phone (DJI GO 4), and when I then tap Turn on ESC Beeping or Turn on Smart LED, a small message "Drone not connected" pops up where I tapped the screen.
This is also happening with the current FW and DJI GO 4 v. 4.1.9.
Turn on ESC Beeping is almost always greyed out.

There are no coordinates, may I know what mobile device are you using?
2017-9-21
Use props
Alagapas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109098 ft
Malaysia

I had one experience where my Spark was forced landing because of low battery, and i tried the Find My Drone but the last coordinate it show where my drone was is where it took-off (where i standing with my RC) but not where it forced landed (about 120m away from me).

Not sure why.
2017-9-21
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-21 01:47
There are no coordinates, may I know what mobile device are you using?

I erased the GPS coordinates for privacy reasons.
I use a Samsung Galaxy S8.
What I don't understand is the strange message "Drone not connected" even when the drone is actually connected, either through the RC only or through the RC + mobile device.
2017-9-21
Use props
philddeantas
New
Australia

I've seen the same thing, I click on the red triangle but nothing comes up. I'd like to get this working, I lost my spark in some long reeds once, it would have been real useful back then, I almost didn't get it back. DJI spark with controller, latest updates, Samsung phone with Android.
2017-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules