Link Spark Rc without Wi-fi
3821 9 2017-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lollo_169
lvl.1
Italy

Hello everybody, i write this post because in the last few days i've had some problems with linking Spark's Rc with my Iphone using Lightin cable.
I used to fly with wifi link(5.8 GHZ) but i've notice some lag between phone and video so, after some research i decided to link rc with cable.
Unfortunatly the link doesn't work, maybe i get wrong with linking process, can someone help me or give me a link with instructions to link RC with Cable ?
Thank you, and please apologize for my bad english
2017-9-14
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

First off, a word of warning:  Using cable with Spark is not something that is supported by DJI, and the latest info we have is that using the cable will void any warranty (which I'm not happy about, but that's what we are being told).

You need to use an OTG cable in addition to a normal USB cable.  If you don't have one yet, it won't work at all.  Once you have an OTG cable...

My steps are:  start phone and app, connect usb cable to phone (usb cable is connected to OTG cable), turn on remote, wait for remote led light to turn solid red, plug in otg cable to remote (app should say 'rc connected'), turn on aircraft, wait for rc led to turn green and app to say "go fly".  Go fly.
2017-9-14
Use props
lollo_169
lvl.1
Italy

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-14 06:26
First off, a word of warning:  Using cable with Spark is not something that is supported by DJI, and the latest info we have is that using the cable will void any warranty (which I'm not happy about, but that's what we are being told).

You need to use an OTG cable in addition to a normal USB cable.  If you don't have one yet, it won't work at all.  Once you have an OTG cable...

Thank you for your answer, i know that cable linking is not supported but i'll try !
i've already OTG cable and know i'll try your method and later i'llsay if its work
Thank you very much for your support
2017-9-14
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

lollo_169 Posted at 2017-9-14 06:46
Thank you for your answer, i know that cable linking is not supported but i'll try !
i've already OTG cable and know i'll try your method and later i'llsay if its work
Thank you very much for your support

Others have reported different behavior, but what I found (fairly consistently) is that I need to connect to the phone first and the RC second, and not the other way around.  I've had many connection failures when doing it the other way (connecting cable to RC first and then phone second).  I don't know why, I've no explanation, but it is my experience, and that's why I connect to the rc after I connect to the phone.

Also, opinions and procedures have varied among the forum participants, but I start my craft last to save battery power.  Others will start their craft earlier, and this gives the craft time to connect to the rc and to set a home point.  That's a personal preference, and my preference is to start it last.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Lollo,you said that there is lag between your phone and video, please confirm the following information:
1.How far did you fly?
2.Did you wearing some bluetooth devices?
3.If you fly in proper distance without interference, please provide us your flight data for us to locate the problem.
In addition, just reminding you, OTG voids the warranty.
2017-9-14
Use props
lollo_169
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-14 18:18
Lollo,you said that there is lag between your phone and video, please confirm the following information:
1.How far did you fly?
2.Did you wearing some bluetooth devices?

Max distance (500 meters) max altitude(160 meters) and lag started.
I didn't wear bluetooth device but the problem maybe was due to numerous wi-fi signals because i flight near the city.
I'm very satisfied with my spark because it's my second drone and it's very easy to pilot but i've noticed this problem so i'm trying to resolve with this method(OTG). But if it void warranty i'll reflect better about otg connection !
2017-9-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

lollo_169 Posted at 2017-9-15 02:16
I didn't wear bluetooth device but the problem maybe was due to numerous wi-fi signals because i flight near the city.
I'm very satisfied with my spark because it's my second drone and it's very easy to pilot but i've noticed this problem so i'm trying to resolve with this method(OTG). But if it void warranty i'll reflect better about otg connection !

At 500 meter distance you are at the limit in CE mode if you use the 2.4 Ghz band. And if you are on 5.8 Ghz as you mentioned above, the limit is 300 meters. At these distances in CE mode I consider it not surprising if the video starts lagging.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

lollo_169 Posted at 2017-9-15 02:16

Thanks for your support. There is a risk that otg will cause some problems. And we will analyze the flight data and check the reason of the accident.
2017-9-15
Use props
Centurian
New

Australia

I have just bought a Spark and when the phone is connected to the controller the video feed is very broken and pixilated. I am using 2.4 or 5.8 selected by the phone. ( Galaxy 4) The craft is no more than 4 mtrs away and in fact the problem occurs when standing next to each other on the kitchen bench. Videos on the SD card are fine, just hard to compose a shot when the picture is so broken. I have switched off bluetooth on the phone and don't think there are any bluetooth devices nearby. This why I googled the possible option of hardwiring phone to controller.
2019-9-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Get a usb otg cable, for a S4 do not use the playstore available Go4, downgrade the Go4 app to 4.2.21 or such, 4.1.15 would do, too. All newer apps need lot more spec, in special Ram
(apkmirror is your friend)
Try again ;-)
2019-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules