Camera Blur Out Of The Box - Why is DJI Charging Me for Known Issue?
1109 6 2017-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gregghia
lvl.1
United States

My MavicPro is 4 months old. Out of the box, I have had blurry pictures in both RAW and .jpg mode. I have tried shooting in custom camera settings and I have reset camera, gimbal and IMU and shot in standard mode, same results. My pictures only look quality after a ton of post production edits.

This drone has never been in a crash nor any damage to the camera/gimbal and I do NOT shoot with the plastic stock globe on the drone while in flight. I also have DJI Refresh attached to the drone.

I finally decided to send the Mavic to California for inspection. Great return process thus far and the drone was received on 9/14/2017. Now today, 9/15/2017, I just received an invoice (attached) for $79 to replace the unit with zero explanation of the problem. This is very troubling to me and I would like an explanation:

1. I want an explanation of what is causing the blur. This appears to be a known issue, is this part of that same group of problems or is this isolated?

2. The drone has never been in an accident - why am I being charged for a unit and a problem which should be covered by the manufacturer? While I have DJI Refresh, this type of known issue should not fall under DJI Care as this actually punishes the consumer for known issue.

3. Say I play along and pay $79 - am I getting my unit repaired or a replacement unit? It seems from other forums there are no actual repairs but rather all replacements.

4. If this is a replacement, then the SN will change. That creates a problem for those who have to register their drones with the FAA for commerical use. Has anyone put thought into this?

I would like a Moderator to help me understand why I am getting this experience? Please.

Invoice

Invoice
2017-9-14
Use props
gregghia
lvl.1
United States

*Bump* Anyone else have gimbal/clarity issues? If you went through the RMA process, would love some insight or feedback.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I had checked your case and it is said that there was impact damage on your drone with no issue with the problem that you mention. So the invoice was sent. Besides, if you use DJI Care Refresh, you will get a replacement, not a repair unit, and the serial number will change accordingly. Now, I had forwarded your case to the local team to take care of and will have someone to contact you soon. Please wait patiently.
2017-9-14
Use props
gregghia
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-14 19:15
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I had checked your case and it is said that there was impact damage on your drone with no issue with the problem that you mention. So the invoice was sent. Besides, if you use DJI Care Refresh, you will get a replacement, not a repair unit, and the serial number will change accordingly. Now, I had forwarded your case to the local team to take care of and will have someone to contact you soon. Please wait patiently.

There has never been impact to this drone.

Someone from support did contact me and said the drone would be swapped out. I just received my shipment from UPS and the original drone is in the box.

I don't think this is funny.
2017-9-25
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

gregghia Posted at 2017-9-25 11:45

Someone from support did contact me and said the drone would be swapped out. I just received my shipment from UPS and the original drone is in the box.

It's good you posted that you don't think this is funny.  I feel like some people thought you thought it was funny - but now that's cleared up.

So did you end up having to pay?
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

gregghia Posted at 2017-9-25 11:45

So you received your original drone, right? I had just checked your case, the serial number of the shipping drone is different from the drone that we received. Could you please provide me with a photo which shows the serial number of the drone you received? I will help to check it again. Besides, had you checked the performance of the drone now? Is there any issue? Looking forward to your feedback.
2017-9-27
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Wow, this is not good .... the more I hear about DJI customer service the more I pray nothing goes wrong with my Mavic.

Hope the OP gets this sorted to a satisfactory conclusion.
2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules