I'm not connecting my APP the internet by choice?
1248 13 2017-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zorus
New
United States

I have a question for the members.

Equipment

I recently (August 2017) purchased the I1 V2
Crystal Sky monitor with the DJI Go APP built in

I had a hell of a time getting it updated with the firmware out of the box, but got past that and have logged about 30 hrs. total and the bird is doing great. Very happy so far with the aircraft overall and I like it better than my P3.

I'm a Part 107 pilot and to date the majority of my work has had NDA's (Non Disclosure Agreements) attached to them. For this reason I keep meticulous paper flight records for myself and insurance company, and always clear out my flight logs on the APP. For this reason I also do not allow my APP / Crystal Sky monitor to connect to the internet (EVER). I have no need to share my information with anyone but my clients.

The question is this. Is this a problem? I have also noticed that although the equipment is new, I have not had any firmware update issues (meaning I have not been prompted to update). Am I flying in a closed system that is not in connection or communication with DJI?

Other than the fact that I keep my information confidential, that first firmware update scared the hell out of me. It took two days and many hours on the live chat with support to get it to accept the update. They wanted me to send it back as they said it was damaged and had a bad RC hard drive. Obviously that was not the case and I was able to get it worked out, but I would rather avoid updates in the future unless they are needed. I have read on other posts "Don't fix what isn't broke" meaning they were saying to avoid updates. Also I read horror stories of people going to jobs and being grounded or limited in flight. Is this because they are connecting to the internet / connecting the app to internet and getting hit with an update request?

Any info would be helpful. I have found nothing on the subject of purposely not connecting the app to the server/internet.

Thanks in advance.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The firmware notification will be pushed to APP when your mobile device connects to network.
The latest firmware of Inspire 1 is v01.11.01.50 which was released in July, since you bought in August, the firmware may have been up to date, you can check the version in General Settings---About.
We will not force customers to update firmware, you can select not to update even there is notification about the firmware release.
2017-9-14
Use props
Zorus
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-14 23:40
The firmware notification will be pushed to APP when your mobile device connects to network.
The latest firmware of Inspire 1 is v01.11.01.50 which was released in July, since you bought in August, the firmware may have been up to date, you can check the version in General Settings---About.
We will not force customers to update firmware, you can select not to update even there is notification about the firmware release.

Mindy.

Thank you. I appreciate the response and the information. My Inspire is doing very well at the moment. I think I'll just leave it alone. No updates for me.
2017-9-15
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Zorus Posted at 2017-9-15 04:38
Mindy.

Thank you. I appreciate the response and the information. My Inspire is doing very well at the moment. I think I'll just leave it alone. No updates for me.

Be sure before you update you understand the process 100% AND do things in the proper order , I have seen many failures as the result of members just diving in and getting into deep trouble.  So just go slow and make sure you know what you are doing .  You have an expensive KIT and I sure would hate for you to get  into trouble $$$$

donnie
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-16 04:58
Be sure before you update you understand the process 100% AND do things in the proper order , I have seen many failures as the result of members just diving in and getting into deep trouble.  So just go slow and make sure you know what you are doing .  You have an expensive KIT and I sure would hate for you to get  into trouble $$$$

donnie

Excellent point. As a reminder, DJI has a Youtube channel where you can find the answers to many common problems you may be facing.
2017-9-16
Use props
Zorus
New
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-16 07:22
Excellent point. As a reminder, DJI has a Youtube channel where you can find the answers to many common problems you may be facing.

Donnie, DJI-Mark

Thanks for the comments and information. I will be sure to take all the necessary steps to insure a successful upgrade if and when that time comes. I learned a lot form the one I was required to do when I took it out of the box.

Thanks again.
2017-9-18
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Zorus, 99% of the time the people that don't follow the ALL of the instructions are the ones that have problems. When there is a new update, don't just ignore it read what the update is about so you don't miss something  critical! Safety First! Ken.
2017-9-19
Use props
Zorus
New
United States

Highasakite Posted at 2017-9-19 01:30
Zorus, 99% of the time the people that don't follow the ALL of the instructions are the ones that have problems. When there is a new update, don't just ignore it read what the update is about so you don't miss something  critical! Safety First! Ken.

Ken,

Thanks for your comments, they are well received. After a long project last week the AC is just approaching 42 hrs. of flight time. After four 10 hr. maintenance inspections, I'm not having any issues with the craft or the software. I will stay aware of the updates and what they offer, but I'm thinking if I had a hardware or software issue that it would have show its face by now. Either way, your advice is well taken. Always safety first!
2017-9-19
Use props
NW-flyer
New
United States

I never had any update issues with my Phantom 1 or 2, I now fly the inspire one and everything was great until the latest firmware upgrade. Total nightmare, unable to fly now, after spending days trying to solve I may have to send it in. Once I get this running again I will never update again  if possible
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

NW-flyer Posted at 2017-9-19 12:42
I never had any update issues with my Phantom 1 or 2, I now fly the inspire one and everything was great until the latest firmware upgrade. Total nightmare, unable to fly now, after spending days trying to solve I may have to send it in. Once I get this running again I will never update again  if possible

What is the problem after firmware updating? Please post more details here for further assistance, thank you.
2017-9-20
Use props
NW-flyer
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-20 00:26
What is the problem after firmware updating? Please post more details here for further assistance, thank you.

This is for an original Inspire One with original camera. I upgraded the AC to 1.11.01.50 It seem to started normal, I left for a while and came back about 45 mins later to no beeps so I turned the AC off and upgraded the controller and the 2go app. Then I turned on RC, App, and AC. The controller had a message in RED “no image transmission signal” I then checked the “about” and it showed the following:
App 3.1.11
Aircraft 1.11.01.50+
Remote 1.7.80
Camera 1.10.01.40

I contact dji support and they suggested a few things that didn’t work. At some point I checked the text file and it said failed. Which I found odd since the controller shows it as loaded. So I tried reloading the firmware again and again, each time reformatting the card, trying different cards, and trying new downloads of the firmware. The txt files often show the incorrect date and it is always 2014.01.01, but after some reloading attempts it will show the correct date. After contacting dji, I tried downgrading to the previous version they supplied “v1.3.00.00” with the plan to then try and upgrade again. No luck. Each time regardless if I am trying load 1.3.00.00 or 1.11.01.50 the AC will do a D-DD, then D-D…D-D….D-D, then DDDDDD, then one long beep, all within 30 seconds. As expected the text file always states failed. It doesn’t matter how long I leave the aircraft on. I have not tried to downgrade the RC yet, although I am not sure I can with this new all in one version. From what I have read it sounds like I might have a defective board. Other weirdness is the IMU is not always calibrating. It was working fine this morning and then went away after trying to link my 2nd controller. Hard to judge if one thing is having an effect on another. Hoping this is a fixable Firmware issue and not a hardware problem. However with all the hours I have wasted on this so far I may have to just send it in and throw more money at this dam thing. So painful after dealing with the firmware upgrade a couple of years ago that drained 5 batteries beyond recovery. That cost $1000. Some days I wish I never sold my Phantom 2.

2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

NW-flyer Posted at 2017-9-21 11:32
This is for an original Inspire One with original camera. I upgraded the AC to 1.11.01.50 It seem to started normal, I left for a while and came back about 45 mins later to no beeps so I turned the AC off and upgraded the controller and the 2go app. Then I turned on RC, App, and AC. The controller had a message in RED “no image transmission signal” I then checked the “about” and it showed the following:
App 3.1.11
Aircraft 1.11.01.50+

It seems that you failed updating your firmware of the camera. When you update your AC, did the camera start self-checking? Please check that the pin above the camera is well connecting. Can you find the log in SD card? Please post the log here so that we can analyze the problem. Thanks a lot.
2017-9-21
Use props
NW-flyer
New
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-21 20:27
It seems that you failed updating your firmware of the camera. When you update your AC, did the camera start self-checking? Please check that the pin above the camera is well connecting. Can you find the log in SD card? Please post the log here so that we can analyze the problem. Thanks a lot.

Thank you for your suggestions.  I sent dji the hidden log files and they have confirmed that the issue is hardware.  It  appears from reading the files the firmware did load correctly, assuming I am reading them correctly. A lot more information than what is available in the txt file.  
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

NW-flyer Posted at 2017-9-23 09:15
Thank you for your suggestions.  I sent dji the hidden log files and they have confirmed that the issue is hardware.  It  appears from reading the files the firmware did load correctly, assuming I am reading them correctly. A lot more information than what is available in the txt file.

Did you start a case? If it is hardware issue, please send it back for repair. Here is the link and you should fill the information: http://www.dji.com/support. Hope it can be solved soon.
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules