Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anyone else with M600 firmware issue v1.00.01.60
1168 5 2017-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lanmeister
lvl.1

United States

Recently there was an update to the M600 firmware version V1.00.01.60. As a result of the firmware update, the A3 controller with the DJI onboard SDK sends out garbage packets of data with randomly appended zeros to their GPS and IMU info.

Has anyone else come across this same issue or is it just me?
2017-9-14
Use props
ROBERM19
Second Officer
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

I haven't looked at the data directly, I assume you're using an oscilloscope or data interpreter to get this information? I'd be interested to hear how you do this, but we've had no issue ascertaining GPS data through a WIRIS on CAN1
2017-9-14
Use props
Lanmeister
lvl.1

United States

ROBERM19 Posted at 2017-9-14 12:33
I haven't looked at the data directly, I assume you're using an oscilloscope or data interpreter to get this information? I'd be interested to hear how you do this, but we've had no issue ascertaining GPS data through a WIRIS on CAN1

I'm using serial to grab the data. After a whole day of troubleshooting, it seems like the SDK version 3.3 solved the issue. The only problem is that 3.2 and 3.3 are completely different in structure and requires a complete re-write of code from our end.

If there's some way to downgrade the current version of firmware on the M600, it would save the headache of trying to write code ASAP to get the M600 back up and flying collecting data. This would allow more time to code up the new version at a more leisurely pace.
2017-9-14
Use props
Lanmeister
lvl.1

United States

If DJI is reading this form, PLEASE give us the ability to downgrade the M600!!! It's been at least 5 days of downtime due to this new required firmware update.
2017-9-14
Use props
ROBERM19
Second Officer
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Lanmeister Posted at 2017-9-14 13:44
I'm using serial to grab the data. After a whole day of troubleshooting, it seems like the SDK version 3.3 solved the issue. The only problem is that 3.2 and 3.3 are completely different in structure and requires a complete re-write of code from our end.

If there's some way to downgrade the current version of firmware on the M600, it would save the headache of trying to write code ASAP to get the M600 back up and flying collecting data. This would allow more time to code up the new version at a more leisurely pace.

I appreciate the update, I wanted to know in case we also run into this problem because information when it comes to compatibility is extremely scarce
2017-9-14
Use props
Lanmeister
lvl.1

United States

update: Contacting DJI support via email will allow you to downgrade the M600 firmware. They send you a special link to the previous firmware revision along with procedures to flash the said firmware through DJI Assistant 2.
2017-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules