can someone explain spotlight pro in detail
6613 15 2017-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

how do you use spot light pro? I had thought you could select an object that the camera would follow while i used the controls to fly the drone is this not an option in slp? is it more or less active track? where the camera can be in free mode to allow the uav to fly in a straight line but the camera follows the targeted object, vs the camera in a fixed position like active track? hopefully some one here can clear this up for me...
2017-9-14
Use props
Rimm Air
lvl.1
Flight distance : 443609 ft
United States

The manual explains it, pages 23-24.  Download it from DJI's I2 downloads.  You draw a box around your subject (in Quick Mode) for the camera to track and you can fly your drone manually.  Beware of using Free mode and the auto spin possibility - research that before using.  I've read about that causing people to crash because they were unaware of what was happening and lost control.  Quick mode is good to practice at first.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Here is a tutorial video about Spotlight Pro for your reference, hope it is useful for you.
http://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info#video spotlight pro.png
2017-9-14
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

rimm air thankyou for the warning  thankyou both so much for the help all i had to do was draw in my subject!
2017-9-15
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

When would you use composition mode over quick mode? Trying to think of a scenario when I might use this
2018-3-28
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

i cannot think of a senerio either i have tried it from time to time and have been playing around with it more.
2018-6-13
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft

I think SLP is one of the most powerful functions of the I2.

When filming fast moving objects such as cars it can perform better than a gimble operator in keeping the subject in frame.

I've tried Active Track but have found it moves too slowly - You can use SLP in sports mode and have full control over the flight path of the drone compared to been stuck in P mode with limited control of the flight path. AT definietly has its uses but SLP can produce the same results and much better.

I'm planning to play with composition mode soon. At the moment I'm tracking objects from stationary with QM and then radioing through for them to move once I'm locked on. Hope fully with CM I'll be able to lock on while they are already moving and enter the frame. Not sure how well it'll work with a super-bike but I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

Rowan.
2018-6-13
Use props
PunaPhantom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1680374 ft
  • >>>
United States

Altitude Drones Posted at 6-13 13:01
I think SLP is one of the most powerful functions of the I2.

When filming fast moving objects such as cars it can perform better than a gimble operator in keeping the subject in frame.

In one of the many videos I have watched there is a brochure on the screen that alludes to this scenario... which I assume is composition mode... bird just sits there in th sky, camera locks on to subject and tracks as subject goes by... I remember, it was saying like having a fluid tripod head in the sky...

Just got my I2 today... can't wait to put her through her paces...
(My P4P's & Mavic are going to sit for a little while I'm afraid)

2018-11-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-14 22:33
Here is a tutorial video about Spotlight Pro for your reference, hope it is useful for you.
http://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info#video[view_image]

Does look like an awesome feature.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 11-26 23:53
Does look like an awesome feature.

Yes, it is, you could have a try with Inspire 2.
2018-11-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-27 01:45
Yes, it is, you could have a try with Inspire 2.

I did fly my friends I2 about a year ago - he had the X5S on it and the thought of flying £7000 around at 400' AGL made me a little nervous LOL The Inspire 1 will do me for now but knowing me I will probably upgrade later on.
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 11-27 03:23
I did fly my friends I2 about a year ago - he had the X5S on it and the thought of flying £7000 around at 400' AGL made me a little nervous LOL The Inspire 1 will do me for now but knowing me I will probably upgrade later on.

I understand that feeling, but it is worth to fly if you request a very professional image quality, thanks for your continuous support to DJI product.
2018-11-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-28 00:44
I understand that feeling, but it is worth to fly if you request a very professional image quality, thanks for your continuous support to DJI product.

No doubt - the image it provides is outstanding. We'll see
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 11-28 00:45
No doubt - the image it provides is outstanding. We'll see

Thank you again for your support.
2018-11-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-28 04:04
Thank you again for your support.

2018-11-28
Use props
AtortAloha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1330479 ft
  • >>>
United States

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-3-28 03:52
When would you use composition mode over quick mode? Trying to think of a scenario when I might use this

I am having a shoot of Friday where I have to follow a semi down a road....maybe you can use composition mode and wait for the truck to enter the green box?  I am not sure if you have to press something for it to start tracking though.  I flew two sets of batteries today testing it out.  Was great but not perfect.  A lot of times the drone starting to fly off to the right which I wouldn't want it to do unless was coming from my stick input.  So not sure maybe have to do a IMU calibration.
2022-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules