Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Stress Crack. Safe to Fly?
1349 7 2017-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deggimatt1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24478 ft

Malta

My  few months old P4 has developed this stress crack. Is it safe to fly this drone? If no, do you think that DJI will fix this problem under warranty?
If this can be fixed under warranty, do you recommed that I send it to DJI or should I fix it myself?

stress crack-min.jpg
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

We encourage you to contact Customer Service about setting up for a technician to evaluate this. It may be ok to fly as it is. However, it is best to err on the side of caution.
2017-9-14
Use props
Peo
Captain
Flight distance : 25409177 ft
Sweden

Look here

http://www.rc711.com/shop/dji-ph ... .html?cPath=382_473
2017-9-14
Use props
deggimatt1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24478 ft

Malta

Yes. The shell is pretty cheap. But changing it myself will .. hmm .. void the warrant. However, I heard many horror stories regarding DJI repair.
2017-9-14
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.4

United States

This crack is in a position where it will get worse, and can destabilize the rotor eventually.  
I recommend taking this one seriously.
2017-9-14
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

If you can stand doing without your UAV for some period of time, may be a few weeks or months, who knows and if it is still under warranty then yes send it back for them to replace.  Realize it is likely you wont get the same bird back too and it could be a refurbished model as well.
This topic has been discussed much here, the general unscientific consensus is they are using substandard plastic on the shell.  Possibly they designed a very powerful flyer here and did not take that in to account when designing the specs for the shells, either that or it's just crap plastic...
Wish you the best with this, let us know if you learn anything about this problem and how the process worked for you.
2017-9-14
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Most definitely will get worse in that location.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to send it in for diagnosis and repair: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules