Lose signal in atti mode ?!?!?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sebas0911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152024 ft

Canada

Hey good afternoon everyone!! Im having a question...since like 2 weeks every time i fly my p3adv it automatically switch to atti mode for few seconds..like 15 or 20 seconds and after its come back to normally gps mode. My concern is what will happen if it switch to atti and during these 15 or 20 seconde ithe controler lose contact with the drone? The "rth" will not work?? What will happen?? Thanks in advance
2017-9-14
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It should still RTH, if it is in your settings
2017-9-14
Use props
Sebas0911
lvl.3

Canada

Yes it is but atti mode don't use gps right? So if I'm having a compass error during a flight and it kick the atti mode on then no gps will work no? The RTH use gps right?
2017-9-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sebas0911 Posted at 2017-9-14 15:31
Yes it is but atti mode don't use gps right? So if I'm having a compass error during a flight and it kick the atti mode on then no gps will work no? The RTH use gps right?

If it is kicking into ATTI mode due to a compass error, then you need to fix the compass error before continuing to fly. Generally it is because you have done a faulty compass calibration. Do you calibrate before each flight?
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

In ATTI mode, the drone could not hover or brake, and it requires high operation skills to control. RTH can be triggered when GPS is available.
RTH.png
2017-9-14
Use props
Sebas0911
lvl.3

Canada

Yes yes right I always do this compass calibration before every flight. But what will happen if I have this compass error during a flight and then during the same time I have my controler that loosing signal from my drone? I mean no gps mode while my controler lose signal with the drone? What will happen?
2017-9-14
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Sebas0911 Posted at 2017-9-14 19:27
Yes yes right I always do this compass calibration before every flight. But what will happen if I have this compass error during a flight and then during the same time I have my controler that loosing signal from my drone? I mean no gps mode while my controler lose signal with the drone? What will happen?

First and foremost, stop conducing compass cals before every flight, it is unnecessary and only needs to be done when the systems says one is needed.
If you do have a bad calibration then obviously you'll need to do one to get it correct then stop doing one every flight.
As to your question...yes, in order for RTH to work it must have P - Mode and GPS reception if you don't have that either due to compass error or no GPS reception then it will go to ATTI mode and my guess is you will get a fly off.
2017-9-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

We assume you have previously chosen RTH as fail safe.  

If you're in ATTI mode because you chose it, you STILL HAVE GPS.  But your AC will ignore it unless it needs to RTH.  If you lose control, it will happily fly home even while your controller is in ATTI.  If you regain the control signal, it will still continue home even if you're in ATTI.  You'd have to cancel RTH to make it stop coming home.  

If you're in ATTI mode because you lost your compass, you STILL HAVE GPS, but unfortunately, if you lose control signal, the AC doesn't know which direction to fly home even though it knows where it is and it knows where home is.  For example, it may know home is south, but it doesn't know where south is.  It may try to fly home though.  But it may fly in the wrong direction.  

If you're in ATTI mode because you lost GPS, you have no GPS.  No RTH.  

As stated above, it is a mistake to calibrate your compass before every flight.  
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

If the signal were lost, the aircraft would go back to return to home. Atti mode allows you to fly when the GPS signal is temporarily lost. Not a big deal as I have momentarily lost the signal while piloting the aircraft. The Return to Home is just another feature.
2017-9-15
Use props
Sebas0911
lvl.3

Canada

Alright thank you everyone all response is very appreciated
2017-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules