Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Strong wireless interference" WTF?
1820 16 2017-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zeldon50
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11634 ft
United States

Never had this until recently... I would not worry about it as it feels similar the the high wind warning banner I get every time, except... I just bought a Crystalsky monitor and every time I have flown it the display breaks up.  little circle with the red arrow in it, which shows me which way the bird is facing is jumping all over the place. It's almost unusable. I NEVER had this problem with my iPad mini 4. It seems these updates are one step forward, two steps back. Any thoughts, folks?
2017-9-14
Use props
Zeldon50
lvl.1
United States

Forgot to mention I am flying half a mile out to sea in a remote place in Maine. Nothing around to cause these messages. Is this an upgrade issue? I haven't lost signal, but the Crystalsky screen breaks up something awful.
2017-9-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Zeldon50 Posted at 2017-9-14 16:28
Forgot to mention I am flying half a mile out to sea in a remote place in Maine. Nothing around to cause these messages. Is this an upgrade issue? I haven't lost signal, but the Crystalsky screen breaks up something awful.

Aloha Zeldon,

You appear to be having a problem with your CrystalSky display.  You might want to contact customer support and check up on it.  Be prepared to sent it in for evaluation.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Despite what you say, it is very likely that there is a source of interference nearby. few people know what devices can cause this interference, but it still happens. Perhaps you could indicate where you are flying?
2017-9-14
Use props
Zeldon50
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-9-14 16:59
Despite what you say, it is very likely that there is a source of interference nearby. few people know what devices can cause this interference, but it still happens. Perhaps you could indicate where you are flying?

Port Clyde. Maybe the lobster boats are messing with the signal!
2017-9-14
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Aardvark told me to try going to airplane mode with your mobile device to reduce/eliminate this interference.  I have yet to test this, but something to consider.  While this crystal sky thing I know nothing about if it is not a mobile device then the interference could be coming from your cell phone non the less...food for thought
2017-9-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Zeldon50 Posted at 2017-9-14 17:01
Port Clyde. Maybe the lobster boats are messing with the signal!

I took a look at Port Clyde, seems sparesly populated, but it can be hard to tell. The most likely form of interference is public WiFi, such as you will find in hotels and such.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know what's the current version of your CrystalSky? How about changing to another location without interference?
2017-9-14
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

This has been appearing for me lately while doing extensive tests of the 4K reset issue. However, I've been doing those tests near my house that is a wifi hotspot, to be honest. I don't recall seeing it so much in the past - but I haven't flown away from home for a week or so, but I will this weekend to see if it keeps popping up.
2017-9-14
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.4

United States

Are you sure there aren't any marine radio transmittes in the area?  For some reason, they still send out Loran location beacons for old salts who like navigating with old charts and old technology.  Those things give out a powerful "ping" intended to transmit for miles.  
Radial buoys and beacons have similar high levels of transmission.  Also, I know lobster pot lines are often equipped with transmitters these days as well.  
Maybe see if you can get your hands on a nautical chart of the area to see what is broadcasting out in your waters.
2017-9-14
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Capt Whitefoot Posted at 2017-9-14 20:26
Are you sure there aren't any marine radio transmittes in the area?  For some reason, they still send out Loran location beacons for old salts who like navigating with old charts and old technology.  Those things give out a powerful "ping" intended to transmit for miles.  
Radial buoys and beacons have similar high levels of transmission.  Also, I know lobster pot lines are often equipped with transmitters these days as well.  
Maybe see if you can get your hands on a nautical chart of the area to see what is broadcasting out in your waters.

Please tell me the firmware you are using and your drone model ?

Make sure Also to turn off the wifi on the Crystalsky .
Had this same problem on my Inspire 2 , firmware issue   Please read posting about rolling back firmware to an previous version .

Hope this helps you to fix your problems .

2017-9-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

How close to the water are you standing and what's your altitude?  Could this be a Fresnel zone problem?  
2017-9-20
Use props
Peterev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1785387 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try turning off DJI Go and Pilot, which you'll find running in the background. That fixed the picture break up issue for me.
2017-9-24
Use props
fansc3f75e2b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 128123 ft
United States

He is right my phantom 4 never had this problem but now  it alaways says strong radio  interference and the video breaks up and I am flying from the same place as always . And the range is much shorter  .can someone please tell me why .. Andrewkehn@yahoo.com
2017-9-24
Use props
fansb5a8fce5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7516 ft

Australia

I would try turning off the wifi on the phone/tablet, alternately go to airplane mode.  Any other mobiles in close proximity with wi-fi  on?
2017-9-26
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481939 ft
United States

It's either the newer Go4 apps or the newer RC firmware, cannot figure which, but i also never had this before recently.  some fixed by replacing usb cable with shielded cable.  (android phone)
2017-10-2
Use props
Mart
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I've had to abandon 2 jobs because of this constant "weak signal" problem. By device keeps telling me there is strong signal interference, regardless of where I am and I get almost no video feed, the thing is now unsabale. It was working ok a few days ago, but yesterdayit was unusable, so I upgraded to the latest firmware this morning and it is no better after. This is making me look very unprofessional. Thanks DJI.
2017-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules