video questions
856 4 2017-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nopedafu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6312 ft

United States

I've asked about video problems before and stupidly didn't update my notes. If I remember correctly since I'm using a PC it should be set to MP4 not MOV, is that correct? Also things look jumpy not smooth and I was told to reduce the video size which I did and things smoothed out, but then I crashed the drone and had it repaired and think some settings got changed because it's jumpy again. Will try 720P 1280x720 48fps. My question with this post is about the number of fps. Would reducing it from 60fps to 48fps make it likely to be smoother or more jumpy/choppy? How about lower than that?

Thank you for any help trying to understand this relationship!
David

2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I think the choppy video might be related to the decoding ability of the player. You can try to change another player to watch. But you can try to reduce the frame rate and check again. If the issue persists, I suggest uploading an original footage from SD card to Dropbox so I can help to confirm, thank you.
2017-9-14
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Higher fps make the video smoother in both mov and mp4 files. The file length will be bigger but the post processing of these file is easier then files with lower fps.
If you use 720p then the fps can be the highest fps the best for post processing.(editing video)
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Is the jumpiness on the video file? Does it happen more as a display issue?
2017-9-16
Use props
djiuser_bg8akb5
New
France

COMMENT RECUPERE T ON LES PHOTOS, ELLES NE SONT PAS SUR LE TELEPHONE

2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules