1984 17 2017-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1211378 ft
  • >>>
Japan

So, it seems that the X5 "lens calibration" is required every single time I use my Osmo Pro. By this, I mean that every single time I change my Osmo battery, previous calibration of the X5 module seems to vanish.

Questions :

1. Is this normal?
2. If it is normal: Why on earth these settings can't be saved on the phone?
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

You need to calibrate a lens once before using it to manually focus on an object for the first time.
Did you calibrate it successfully? When calibrate the lens, focus on an object 50 meters away, do not mount a follow focus to the lens during calibration.
2017-9-15
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-15 00:39
You need to calibrate a lens once before using it to manually focus on an object for the first time.
Did you calibrate it successfully? When calibrate the lens, focus on an object 50 meters away, do not mount a follow focus to the lens during calibration.

Yep, I successfully calibrated the lens and it was working flawlessly. Shot a few things with it and let the camera rest. Change the battery a few days after and all calibrations setting were gone. I was using the same phone the entire time.
2017-9-15
Use props
Kudesnik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1834 ft

Ukraine

At me on osmo X5 Pro after replacement of accumulators calibration is saved.  but I have another problem: after leaving the sleep mode, the image on the smartphone screen disappears. helps only reconnect to the wifi. The support service did not help in this. Maybe the respected members of the forum faced this? I reseted the WiFi settings
2017-9-16
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Kudesnik Posted at 2017-9-16 05:27
At me on osmo X5 Pro after replacement of accumulators calibration is saved.  but I have another problem: after leaving the sleep mode, the image on the smartphone screen disappears. helps only reconnect to the wifi. The support service did not help in this. Maybe the respected members of the forum faced this? I reseted the WiFi settings

Gave it another go this morning.

1. Fresh battery.
2. Calibrate Lens.
3. Test Lens calibration = OK
4. Remove Battery, wait for 10 seconds before inserting battery
5. Calibration LOST.
2017-9-17
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Been chatting with Jester from DJI Support this morning, been asked to :

1. Re-Install the App = No Go
2. Re-calibrate the Gimbal = No Go
3. Reflash the Firmware = No Go and the App refused since the firmware was the same anyway.

DJI Support advises = Its seems its a hardware issue Gonzague.

Well, guess what that is my 2nd Osmo pro since my purchase since August 29.

This is insane.
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TokyoStreetView Posted at 2017-9-17 18:36
Been chatting with Jester from DJI Support this morning, been asked to :

1. Re-Install the App = No Go

I know exactly how you feel. Please provide me the case number or ticket number and we will follow the case and help you solve the problem. Thanks for your support and patience.
2017-9-18
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-18 02:24
I know exactly how you feel. Please provide me the case number or ticket number and we will follow the case and help you solve the problem. Thanks for your support and patience.

I am heading to bed, been shooting all evening (with a real gimbal) will send you the ticket number tomorrow.

I am honestly tired of this, your office in Japan is pretty close to where I live I can come and we can discuss this matter and see how it can be resolved. I want the Osmo to work like it should, with the Z-Axis the Osmo Pro is just what I need.
2017-9-18
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-18 02:24

I sent you the Ticket number as a Personal Message, just in case here you are: 750186

Thanks in advance
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

The issue has been escalated to our engineers for further analysis, sorry for the trouble caused, please wait patiently for the suggestions from our engineers before sending in, I will come back shortly, thanks.
One last point, does this issue happen with or without Z-axis?

2017-9-19
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-19 00:09
The issue has been escalated to our engineers for further analysis, sorry for the trouble caused, please wait patiently for the suggestions from our engineers before sending in, I will come back shortly, thanks.
One last point, does this issue happen with or without Z-axis?

I tested both with and without the Z-Axis and same problem.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TokyoStreetView Posted at 2017-9-19 20:17

Thanks, our engineers are working on your issue, will keep you updated. Appreciate your patience.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TokyoStreetView Posted at 2017-9-19 20:17

Usually the APP will record and keep your setting info. This issue may relate to APP or lens.
Have you tested other lens? You mentioned this is your second Osmo Pro, how about the first one?
And what is the model of your mobile device? Have you tried both iOS and Android devices? We are trying our best to locate the problem, your assistance would be highly appreciated.
2017-9-20
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-20 02:16
Usually the APP will record and keep your setting info. This issue may relate to APP or lens.
Have you tested other lens? You mentioned this is your second Osmo Pro, how about the first one?
And what is the model of your mobile device? Have you tried both iOS and Android devices? We are trying our best to locate the problem, your assistance would be highly appreciated.

The first Osmo Pro was DOA or Dead on Arrival, I could not test anything as the gimbal will not even move.  I do not have any Android devices nor knows anyone around me that use one (Seriously), however, I tested this on 3 different iOS devices and same problem each time. Finally, I have no other compatible lenses for this Osmo Pro. I have the 12F1.4, 12-35F2.8, 8-18F2.8, 35-100F2.8, all M43 and none of them are compatible with the Osmor Pro.

You guys have some serious quality control issue at DJI, and on top of your weak software, it is getting harder and harder to work with your products.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TokyoStreetView Posted at 2017-9-20 15:05
The first Osmo Pro was DOA or Dead on Arrival, I could not test anything as the gimbal will not even move.  I do not have any Android devices nor knows anyone around me that use one (Seriously), however, I tested this on 3 different iOS devices and same problem each time. Finally, I have no other compatible lenses for this Osmo Pro. I have the 12F1.4, 12-35F2.8, 8-18F2.8, 35-100F2.8, all M43 and none of them are compatible with the Osmor Pro.

You guys have some serious quality control issue at DJI, and on top of your weak software, it is getting harder and harder to work with your products.

We are so sorry to have kept you waiting so long, while the suggestion from our engineers is the device still need to be sent in for evaluation and repair, please send in at your most convenience.
We apologize for the unpleasant experience with our products, will keep improving the quality of our products to make your experience with us better in the future.
2017-9-28
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-28 22:36
We are so sorry to have kept you waiting so long, while the suggestion from our engineers is the device still need to be sent in for evaluation and repair, please send in at your most convenience.
We apologize for the unpleasant experience with our products, will keep improving the quality of our products to make your experience with us better in the future.

Thanks,

The device has been sent, I have an RMA number... but on the 1 month and 1-week ownership, I only could use the product for a little bit more than 9 days... very frustrating
2017-10-3
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Hope you will get it back in 1 month or 2 month time. It could be a slow repair process too, unfortunately.
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TokyoStreetView Posted at 2017-10-3 22:16
Thanks,

The device has been sent, I have an RMA number... but on the 1 month and 1-week ownership, I only could use the product for a little bit more than 9 days... very frustrating

I'm sorry for the late response because of Chinese National Holiday.
We understand your frustration, hope everything goes smoothly and get it back shortly.
Since Japan repair center is totally independent, if you need assistance during repair process, we would suggest to send email to support.jp@dji.com.
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules