Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Spark and Assistant 2 ( v.1.1.6)
11850 22 2017-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marrek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39170 ft
Estonia

So I wanted to export Blackbox and flight data from the drone with Assistant 2. The app actually recognizes the drone, show the firmware versions but it does not let me export the data. It just keeps processing. I waited about 15 minutes and nothing. When I tried to export flight data again freezes on processing.
I've done a new firmware update to the drone via the Assistant but the situation is the same.

I think it is a software problem because the computer recognizes SD card and is able to read data on that.

Is there any simple solution to this? Or do I need to take the drone back to store?

Blackbox

Blackbox
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 16.18.47.jpg
2017-9-15
Use props
Marrek
lvl.1
Estonia

Oh, its the assistant 2 app... on Windows, there were no problems...
2017-9-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Does an DJI Assistant App exist? I though there was only the version for Windows and Apple PCs...
2017-9-15
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-15 08:04
Does an DJI Assistant App exist? I though there was only the version for Windows and Apple PCs...

That is correct .. only Microsoft and MAC OS versions.  No android or IOS apps available.
2017-9-15
Use props
Marrek
lvl.1
Estonia

With "app " I meant the application or the program what runs on MAC.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Marrek, I would recommend you restart the DJI Assistant 2 and restart your drone, too. Then please wait for a few minutes.
You can also try to reinstall your Assistant 2 or change a computer and see if it works.   
Please keep us updated, thanks.
2017-9-15
Use props
Canonian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37740 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Marek, same problem here.

I use also Macbook and DJI Assistant 2 ver.1.1.6 for Mac.
Just looping  icon on data upload.
Assistant 2 see Spark and firmware but don't show any data upload list.
Reinstall of Assistant2 didn't change anything.

At the end I went to PC and there works without any problems.
DJI Elektra, problem is with DJI Assistant 2 for Mac please check this issue.

https://imgur.com/a/WgdwU
2017-9-16
Use props
Marrek
lvl.1
Estonia

Canonian Posted at 2017-9-16 06:47
Marek, same problem here.

I use also Macbook and DJI Assistant 2 ver.1.1.6 for Mac.

Thanks for the support. I have re-installed the Assistant 3 times and this does not change anything. I also had a chance to connect my drone to PC- everything worked great! SO this is something to do the MAC version of the Assistant.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Marrek Posted at 2017-9-18 10:55
Thanks for the support. I have re-installed the Assistant 3 times and this does not change anything. I also had a chance to connect my drone to PC- everything worked great! SO this is something to do the MAC version of the Assistant.

is the Assistant 2 Software acknowledging your aircraft at all? Can you check with a different USB port or possibly cable?
2017-9-18
Use props
Marrek
lvl.1
Estonia

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-18 13:48
is the Assistant 2 Software acknowledging your aircraft at all? Can you check with a different USB port or possibly cable?

Software acknowledges the software, it shows the Spark icon. I can see the drone firmware version and I actually reinstalled drone firmware via Assistant. Steps I've been done:
1.Reinstalled  the software
2.Used different cables
3.Reinstalled drone firmware
4.Multiple restarts to computer and drone
5.Used different ports of MAC
6.Tried to connect PC (which worked)

2017-9-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Marrek Posted at 2017-9-18 21:36
Software acknowledges the software, it shows the Spark icon. I can see the drone firmware version and I actually reinstalled drone firmware via Assistant. Steps I've been done:
1.Reinstalled  the software
2.Used different cables

Just to make sure we are on the same page, please review this video:

2017-9-19
Use props
Marrek
lvl.1
Estonia

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-19 06:26
Just to make sure we are on the same page, please review this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A

Hi,

Yes, I have done all above. I have rewatched the instruction multiple times and I can not come to same results. This is the video I made what Assistant 2 to visualize the problem for you. Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to try to connect my drone to another Apple computer.  As said before- PC worked like a charm.  Video:
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Marrek Posted at 2017-9-19 09:19
Hi,

Yes, I have done all above. I have rewatched the instruction multiple times and I can not come to same results. This is the video I made what Assistant 2 to visualize the problem for you. Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to try to connect my drone to another Apple computer.  As said before- PC worked like a charm.  Video: https://youtu.be/ByF2V3OaQbs

Are you able to go back to the PC? Was the PC wired to the internet modem? As I have a Macbook Pro, I have noticed at times that it is not easily connected to a Wi Fi modem. Is there a way to hard wire your computer to the modem or use the PC instead?
2017-9-19
Use props
Marrek
lvl.1
Estonia

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-19 09:31
Are you able to go back to the PC? Was the PC wired to the internet modem? As I have a Macbook Pro, I have noticed at times that it is not easily connected to a Wi Fi modem. Is there a way to hard wire your computer to the modem or use the PC instead?

1. Yeah, that's  an option for me now (using PC). But I hope that in the future I can connect my drone to MBP.
2.PC was connected to the wifi router
3.MBP was connected to the wifi router.
4.Yes, I just did wire MBP to the router via cable - did not help.

2017-9-19
Use props
Canonian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37740 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Wow Marek, excellent job you did for explain bug on DJI Assistant2 on Macbook Pro.

I also have this looping problem on Mac like yours from begining but but since I have the ability to work on PC and Mac I somehow solved this problem by going to PC.

I think DJI should work on this problem because referral to PC is not possible for everyone.
Anyway if a client is unable to submit a support request through a support program on Mac ... how can he then send it?
2017-9-21
Use props
Marrek
lvl.1
Estonia

Canonian Posted at 2017-9-21 04:42
Wow Marek, excellent job you did for explain bug on DJI Assistant2 on Macbook Pro.

I also have this looping problem on Mac like yours from begining but but since I have the ability to work on PC and Mac I somehow solved this problem by going to PC.

Thanks,

I hope development team can fix this bug with next update.
2017-9-22
Use props
Bogdan 0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153504 ft
Romania

I have the same problem on my Mac. Is there any fix for this? Thanks.
2017-10-9
Use props
Marrek
lvl.1
Estonia

Bogdan 0 Posted at 2017-10-9 11:09
I have the same problem on my Mac. Is there any fix for this? Thanks.

Hey,
for me, the problem was solved by itself. I didn't change anything and now it works fine.
So, please contact moderator or support.
2017-10-12
Use props
Bogdan 0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153504 ft
Romania

Marrek Posted at 2017-10-12 09:55
Hey,
for me, the problem was solved by itself. I didn't change anything and now it works fine.
So, please contact moderator or support.

Hello, lucky you, mine still doesn't work.
2017-10-13
Use props
MaxBDS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 161437 ft
Italy

Hi,
I have the same problem on my PC (Notebook HP - Windows 7 64-bit - Intel Core2 Duo CPU P7350 @2.00Ghz, 4,0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS).
When I tried to update the FW of my SPARK it crashes during processing.
Many thanks.
MaxBDS
2017-10-13
Use props
AlvaroX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155548 ft
United States

Marrek Posted at 2017-9-19 09:19
Hi,

Yes, I have done all above. I have rewatched the instruction multiple times and I can not come to same results. This is the video I made what Assistant 2 to visualize the problem for you. Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to try to connect my drone to another Apple computer.  As said before- PC worked like a charm.  Video: https://youtu.be/ByF2V3OaQbs

good to see i am not the only one experiencing this on the mac and it happens with the latest version (DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.3)
2018-4-26
Use props
fans16e559f2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same problem for me with MacBook Pro. Assistant app works fine for firmware and calibration but if I try and download Blackbox from RC or Mavic, nothing happens. The RC shuts down automatically after giving a message TO SHUTDOWN
2018-5-9
Use props
gstock
New
Chile

Hi any updates on this? I'm having the same problem, cannot see the Data Files in Assistant 2 with Mac. I've seen this issue comes all the way back to 2017. 2 years without a solution???
2019-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules