Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Warranty Service issues
2119 24 2017-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jon_ny23
lvl.1
United States

Having problems with the video feedback from my mavic pro.. for some reason the video feedback is shaking (it seems like the gimbal is shaking but it's not). I'm also getting a message on my remote screen saying "gimbal motor overload" (the clamp is not attached btw when I'm flying for obvious reasons).  I calibrated the gimbal before flight, calibrated the compass & also the IMU.  Still same results!!
I contacted customer support and asked for my mavic pro to be fixed. Took about a week for shipping to reach DJI repair service in Cerrito, CA.. (understandably so since I'm from New York).

Once they received my Mavic Pro, I get an email with an invoice and under the column "item" I see "Flight controller ESC board"!! To the best of my knowledge that is part of the remote control. I contacted  DJI support and asked them why are they messing around with the remote control when I clearly specified that the issue I'm having is with the gimbal and NOT the remote control.  Apparently the person I was speaking to was not even in California but in China.  They had no idea why the repair center in California is fixing the remote control and the only way for them to contact California was through email and response time would take 24-48 hours!  No telephone number? Really? Only through email? And the answer is Yes.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Can you provide me a repair ID number? I can see what is going on there for you.
2017-9-15
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-15 07:24
Can you provide me a repair ID number? I can see what is going on there for you.

My case no. - CAS-976686-C7P2X2

Thanks for your help.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Jon_ny23 Posted at 2017-9-15 08:05
My case no. - CAS-976686-C7P2X2

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for the information. Please allow time for a response.
2017-9-15
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-15 07:24

Case No. CAS-976686-C7P2X2

Thank you.
2017-9-15
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-15 08:08
Thank you for the information. Please allow time for a response.

Understood.  Much appreciated.
2017-9-15
Use props
daivatam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

flight controller esc board it is not in the remote it is one of the core board of the mavic that it is responsible with controlling motors...evidently because one mottor at least is behaving bad shacking entire mavic
2017-9-15
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.1
United States

daivatam Posted at 2017-9-15 08:28
flight controller esc board it is not in the remote it is one of the core board of the mavic that it is responsible with controlling motors...evidently because one mottor at least is behaving bad shacking entire mavic

Thank you. When I spoke to DJI in China they agreed that "flight controller esc board" is part of the remote control. Shows how much their customer service rep knows...smh.

Is it possible that is what's causing my video feed to be all wavy and shaky? I left my SD card with my mavic so that they can see the video feedback.

Thank you for correcting me I am new at this and I honestly thought that it was part of the remote control..lol.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Jon_ny23 Posted at 2017-9-15 08:47
Thank you. When I spoke to DJI in China they agreed that "flight controller esc board" is part of the remote control. Shows how much their customer service rep knows...smh.

Is it possible that is what's causing my video feed to be all wavy and shaky? I left my SD card with my mavic so that they can see the video feedback.

Well, the good news is that the aircraft is done with the repair. Of course, they would have to go through quality control to make sure the aircraft is running up to specs. At this point, the process picks up faster. However, you will most likely hear something back next week about the repair being done.
2017-9-15
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-15 09:17
Well, the good news is that the aircraft is done with the repair. Of course, they would have to go through quality control to make sure the aircraft is running up to specs. At this point, the process picks up faster. However, you will most likely hear something back next week about the repair being done.

Yes, I've received an email from them. I do hope that I won't have any issues with video recording or video feedback.  

Thanks for your help.
2017-9-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Jon_ny23 Posted at 2017-9-15 09:24
Yes, I've received an email from them. I do hope that I won't have any issues with video recording or video feedback.  

Thanks for your help.

It sounds like this was a warranty repair, correct? If so, then despite what Mark implied there's almost no chance at all that you're going to get your original Mavic back. I've seen literally dozens of posts from people who got warranty or Care Refresh replacements and I don't recall anyone ever saying they got back their original aircraft, which is often a source of surprise and frustration to them. Instead what you'll get back will almost certainly be someone else's refurbished Mavic, though it will probably be fully functional.
2017-9-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

After sales policy read carefully.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-9-15
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-9-15 10:20
It sounds like this was a warranty repair, correct? If so, then despite what Mark implied there's almost no chance at all that you're going to get your original Mavic back. I've seen literally dozens of posts from people who got warranty or Care Refresh replacements and I don't recall anyone ever saying they got back their original aircraft, which is often a source of surprise and frustration to them. Instead what you'll get back will almost certainly be someone else's refurbished Mavic, though it will probably be fully functional.

Yes, I've read from other posts also that they didn't get their original unit back.  I will definitely know if it's mine or not because I have a carbon  skin on my mavic.  At this point I just want a fully functional mavic pro with no problems at all..but of course I would like to have my original mavic pro back if that's possible.

Either way..I just wanna fly and have fun with no worries.
2017-9-15
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-15 10:37
After sales policy read carefully.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=112931&pid=957273&fromuid=260008

Thank you
2017-9-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Jon_ny23 Posted at 2017-9-15 11:38
Yes, I've read from other posts also that they didn't get their original unit back.  I will definitely know if it's mine or not because I have a carbon  skin on my mavic.  At this point I just want a fully functional mavic pro with no problems at all..but of course I would like to have my original mavic pro back if that's possible.

Either way..I just wanna fly and have fun with no worries.

I just wanna fly and have fun with no worries.

Good, then you'll probably be satisfied with what you get back.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jon_ny23 Posted at 2017-9-15 08:47

The "Flight Controller ESC Board" is the part of the flight controller from the drone, not the Remote Controller. Did you contact our support via voice call or email? Was there a ticket number or something? And as Mark said, the case is under the process and will be shipped shortly. Hope you can get the drone back to the air soon.  
2017-9-15
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-15 21:07
The "Flight Controller ESC Board" is the part of the flight controller from the drone, not the Remote Controller. Did you contact our support via voice call or email? Was there a ticket number or something? And as Mark said, the case is under the process and will be shipped shortly. Hope you can get the drone back to the air soon.

Yes. They emailed me and they said that the drone is done and ready to be sent back to me,
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jon_ny23 Posted at 2017-9-16 09:27
Yes. They emailed me and they said that the drone is done and ready to be sent back to me,

That's great, hope you will receive it soon.
2017-9-16
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.1
United States

Jon_ny23 Posted at 2017-9-16 09:27

So my question is which nobody seems to be answering is.. is it the "flight controller ESC board" the reason for the shaky, jello like effect on my video feedback? I don't want to go through sending my MP back and forth to the repair center if that is not it.

btw i got an email saying that it is being shipped back to me..
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jon_ny23 Posted at 2017-9-18 10:04
So my question is which nobody seems to be answering is.. is it the "flight controller ESC board" the reason for the shaky, jello like effect on my video feedback? I don't want to go through sending my MP back and forth to the repair center if that is not it.

btw i got an email saying that it is being shipped back to me..

Jon, the drone has been shipped out before this post but it has gone through fight test, please test the performance when you receive it and keep us updated if there is any problem.
2017-9-18
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-18 20:23
Jon, the drone has been shipped out before this post but it has gone through fight test, please test the performance when you receive it and keep us updated if there is any problem.

I will. But why can't anyone answer my question.."is the flight controller esc board related to the gimbal issue i was having?" that's all i really want to know.  I understand it has gone through flight test etc, etc.. but a simple yes or no from their repair service center in california would be nice.

I appreciate all the support and concerns you guys have, I really do but it would give me a peace of mind if an explanation of the problem i have with the gimbal's video feedback related to the replacement of the flight controller esc board.

Again, thank you for all the help. But after reading all the concerns other customers have in the forum, it has got me a bit pessimistic about the warranty service.  I have not read one satisfied customer about their issue with their warranty service.  

Thank you for the help. I hope I'm not sounding like rude customer.. I'm just concerned with this pricey drone that I've only had for 3 months.
2017-9-18
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-9-15 10:20

Sorry m8. After sales policy shows that if you return your MP for warranty service they can replace it with a refurbished MP. I got my MP the other day and it is not the same one. Different serial number. But I got the same remote back.

Just tested it out and seems to be working fine, so far...  I was expecting that I would never see my original MP back. On my end all i really care about is getting a fully functional MP.

Doesn't make sense though that they sent me an email saying my MP has been tested and fixed when they sent me back a different one. Did they really fix my old MP and tested it out? and if they did why didn't they just sent me that one? There seems to be a lack of communication with their warranty service repair center. But like i said all i really care about is a fully functional MP with no problems.. Good luck with your new/refurbished MP. Hope you enjoy it and doesn't bring anymore headaches to you.

2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jon_ny23 Posted at 2017-9-23 03:44
Sorry m8. After sales policy shows that if you return your MP for warranty service they can replace it with a refurbished MP. I got my MP the other day and it is not the same one. Different serial number. But I got the same remote back.

Just tested it out and seems to be working fine, so far...  I was expecting that I would never see my original MP back. On my end all i really care about is getting a fully functional MP.

Jon, glad you got it back and the test is fine. Products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired, though we didn't state it was replaced via email, it was reflected from shipping email, there are serial number in it.
We accept your suggestion and will keep improving our workflow to make your experience with us better.
2017-9-23
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-23 04:12
Jon, glad you got it back and the test is fine. Products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired, though we didn't state it was replaced via email, it was reflected from shipping email, there are serial number in it.
We accept your suggestion and will keep improving our workflow to make your experience with us better.

serial number from shipping email is different from serial number from the unit that was sent back to me... the unit is fine so far, no problems.. but i do hope that the lack of communication directly from the service center would improve in the future.. felt like i was kept in the dark the whole entire time my MP was under repair/replaced..

thanks for all your help tho..much appreciated!
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jon_ny23 Posted at 2017-9-23 06:18
serial number from shipping email is different from serial number from the unit that was sent back to me... the unit is fine so far, no problems.. but i do hope that the lack of communication directly from the service center would improve in the future.. felt like i was kept in the dark the whole entire time my MP was under repair/replaced..

thanks for all your help tho..much appreciated!

You are welcome. We will report this to our management department to keep improving our repair process and make it more transparent and professional, appreciate your suggestion and support to DJI.
2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules