Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Changing SD card
1390 23 2017-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

So from all the infor I got and read, it is as simple as this to change the current SD card in my Phantom 3 Std , from an 8 to 32

Take out  SD card (8)
Put in new SD card (32)
Formate the card when in the P3S
READY TO GO !!

Of course this is taking into consideration that the new SD card is compatible .

Now if I was  to go get a new battery for my P3S and was about to use it while on location , 300 miles away from civilization with no internet ... I'd be out of luck , correct !
It happended to me because I didn't have a copy of the latest firmware so beware ... it should be ;

Take out  SD card (8)
Put in new SD card (32)
Formate the card when in the P3S
Load new SD card (32) with latest firmware
Plug it back in P3S
READY TO GO !!

You guys agree !!
2017-9-15
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You can also just download an upgrade from the dji go app on the p3 itself.   Must have wifi though.
2017-9-15
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I always advise keep the same FW file on your card as you have on your AC .... that way no need for downloads etc. if you get a new battery with old FW on ...

Some others disagree ... that's their choice - which I fail to understand given the small size of the bin file !

Nigel
2017-9-15
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Canada

Thanks guys

Hey Nigel,
Can u help me with a question I had on car I in inverter I have, I posted it in Pantom general support section... Thanks Nigel
Clint  
2017-9-15
Use props
MrRobert5823
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-15 10:48
You can also just download an upgrade from the dji go app on the p3 itself.   Must have wifi though.

Hard to have WiFi when you are 300 miles from civilization
2017-9-15
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-15 12:42

Hmmm, I thought he hadn't left yet lol
2017-9-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-15 12:42

Someplaces in timbucktoo you can still use a cell phone for a wifi hotspot.

RedHotPoker

2017-9-15
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Amazon, Pacific Ocean, Africa, Siberia, N Korea, Antarctica, Santa's Village?
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Firmware inconsistent refresh is required when the message pop up. As always, I would recommend to do a fully pre-flight checklist for every flight.
2017-9-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-15 15:31
Amazon, Pacific Ocean, Africa, Siberia, N Korea, Antarctica, Santa's Village?

Niberu? Saturn? Pluto? Ha

Dark Side Of The Moon.

Middle Earth? Ha

Northern Alberta... Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-9-15
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Canada

Here lol thanks all...
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Just as an addition, always do a preliminary check on your aircraft with a wi fi before going to a place where there is no checkups. By that, I mean firmware updates, cache maps, etc. It is just a good preventative step.
2017-9-16
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Canada

Thanks Mark, but when I leave I do, sometimes the location is 2-3 day travel only issue I had was with a battery, the first one I bought never had a problem but the second one wanted the update. By the way if I would have just pressed the update notification on my tablet ( firmware update for battery request) would it have updated the battery from the firmware on the AC SDcard and didn't need to be linked to external internet but just the AC WiFi... Or am I totally confused here lol
2017-9-16
Use props
Michgolden
First Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

All I did with mine is popped the original one out and popped in the new card and flew. Never had to do anything else. I bought the exact same SanDisk as the one it came with just in a 64gb. That was almost a year ago.
2017-9-16
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Canada

Hey Michgolden, but if you were to buy a new battery and it asked u to upday firmware and you are nowhere near an internet or WiFi connection... You probably wouldn't be able to use your FRESH OUT OF THE BOX battery that you forgot might just need one lol
2017-9-16
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

If the FW bin flie is on your SD card ... it will update the battery.

ALL updates of AC and battery are done from the SD card no matter how you do it ...

If via APP ... the APP transfers bin file to SD card and then SD card completes the update.

Nigel
2017-9-16
Use props
Michgolden
First Officer
United States

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-9-16 10:45
Hey Michgolden, but if you were to buy a new battery and it asked u to upday firmware and you are nowhere near an internet or WiFi connection... You probably wouldn't be able to use your FRESH OUT OF THE BOX battery that you forgot might just need one lol

Hey Salmon. I've bought 2 new batteries since and haven't had a single issue. It looks like Solentlife touched on it with the updates. I have updated it along the way via wifi. By the way I love Salmon fishing on Lake Michigan when I can. It's a 5 hour drive from MN but well worth it!
2017-9-16
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Canada

Yup he did and I guess I just got caught during an update... Ya I do a ton of salmon, halibut, ling cod and just about anything else in the Pacific West Coast.... Recreationally, love the water life.... Gearing up to do a water vid when the Orcas are in, any time now but have some engine problems so might have to put it off.. Life on the water lol
2017-9-16
Use props
Michgolden
First Officer
United States

Well good luck on the engine and hopefully you make it out in time for the Orcas!
2017-9-16
Use props
stuka75
First Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

After reading this thread I discovered that I had swapped out sd cards on one of my drones so it has no bin file to date. I  use an older firmware(1.6.something) so I suppose I should add that .bin file to my sd card.
Good thread guys.
2017-9-16
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Canada

Swapped out my 8 for 32 and copied the FW BIM file that was on the 8 to the 32... Ready to fly and no more CAPACITY ISSUES (or I go to a 64 which I should gave but the 32 was on sale 1/2 price)
2017-9-16
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Canada

Thanks Michgolden, would love to post some Orcas breaching...
2017-9-16
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

Boating is my other love after RC ..... 4 boats owned .... with one I cruise Baltic ....

Then comes fishing ....

I can tell some stories of when I was shooting seismic of California coast out of Eureka .... we always ended up amongst the salmon boys .....

Nigel
2017-9-16
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Canada

Hahaha, funny how a lot of AC ops are boaters.. Maybe we just like the thrills or spending the money ( of which I don't gave lol)
2017-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules