Error on one Battery and DJI wants my Drone?
948 4 2017-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikeso73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121024 ft
United States

I would like a moderator to chime in please.

Case # CAS-989619-W7H4Y1

I just recently purchased my DJI Spark (Fly more Combo). Charged the batteries (Bought one more extra for a total of 3) and went out to fly it. Note: I did all the updates to the Spark, each battery and the RC prior of flying.

Used the first battery, flew great! Second battery, awesome! Third battery Error Cell voltage does not match. Please contact DJI.

Next step I re-updated the battery and charged it up again. Brought it outside and still had the same issues.

Contact DJI and they want me to send in my entire Spark for a battery that is faulty. Make sense? Please help here.
2017-9-15
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Deat DJI Moderator, can you please help this new DJI Spark pilot with his issue.  Send in the whole spark for a single battery issue? Really?
2017-9-15
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes and no.  Yes there is one circumstance where I could see them wanting the entire system.  Hypothetically they might want to check and see if the drone itself is causing battery corruption/failure.  In your case this does not make sense because you have two other batteries that behave normally.

I do have a suggestion (though I don't know how smart it is).  I've not experienced these battery errors, so I don't know if this will work.  But can you try and drain the error producing battery?  I don't know if this is possible (if it's reporting an error and shutting down), or if you can just leave it on until it dies.

Others have reported that they have solved battery issues by performing a full/complete discharge and then recharging.

Just an idea.
2017-9-15
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-15 10:41
Yes and no.  Yes there is one circumstance where I could see them wanting the entire system.  Hypothetically they might want to check and see if the drone itself is causing battery corruption/failure.  In your case this does not make sense because you have two other batteries that behave normally.

I do have a suggestion (though I don't know how smart it is).  I've not experienced these battery errors, so I don't know if this will work.  But can you try and drain the error producing battery?  I don't know if this is possible (if it's reporting an error and shutting down), or if you can just leave it on until it dies.

Very good point and I've heard of that too.

How to complete the discharge?  Can you turn on your spark with that battery?  if so, then just leave your spark on till battery dies.  
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the misunderstanding caused by the email plate. I would recommend you to send the battery in, instead of the whole package.
2017-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules