Return To Home Issue
506 5 2017-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Druesta
New
Australia

Hi,
I attempted to fly my Mavic today and it managed to take off and seem to be flying normal.
After a minute or so the control starts beeping then RTH engages by itself.  The drone wasnt very far away as i usually keep it close for the first few minutes to make sure everything is going as it should.  I hit the red X and disenage RTH, then it beeps and does it again.

I land and check everything, all seems normal. I take off and same issue again, as soon as I get off the gound it just wants to land again. This happens a few times, i turn off and and on again and same issue so i gave up
Any reasons as to why this could be happing ?

Thanks in advance
2017-9-15
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Hmm.  Puzzling.  Are you flying in a new place, like near an airport?  Might there be some other kind of radio interference at this location? Did you have a crash during your prior flight?   For sure, try calibrating your IMU and your compass.
2017-9-15
Use props
Druesta
New
Australia

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-9-15 17:22
Hmm.  Puzzling.  Are you flying in a new place, like near an airport?  Might there be some other kind of radio interference at this location? Did you have a crash during your prior flight?   For sure, try calibrating your IMU and your compass.

Thx, I done a compass calibration before I flew.
I was at the beach, so no interference that I could see, and no warnings of interference.
Also no crash as yet :/

I'm not sure what the IMU calibration is, I'll look that one up, Thx
2017-9-15
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Druesta Posted at 2017-9-15 17:27
Thx, I done a compass calibration before I flew.
I was at the beach, so no interference that I could see, and no warnings of interference.
Also no crash as yet :/

No need to calibrate IMU that is unless the app specifically indicates to do so. Try re-booting the phone/RC, try uninstalling and re-installing the app. If it continues to fail then reach out to one of the mods here with your flight data info.
2017-9-15
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Please upload the flight log (TXT file) from your mobile device to PhantomHelp using these instructions and / or the DAT file from the Mavic to DropBox using these instructions and provide a link here. The DAT file will have a lot more information and the correct one will have a time stamp that corresponds to when the flight occurred and will be at least tens of megabytes in size.

As Sportbike_Pilot said, an IMU calibration is unlikely to help with this problem. It's possible that the aircraft and remote are being disconnected and that using your mobile device in airplane mode would help, but that's just a guess at this point.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you refer below to export the flight data and visual data for analysis?

a.Download and install DJI assistant 2:http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
b.Connect aircraft and PC,and power on the aircraft
c.Operate DJI assistant 2, find flight record and save
2017-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules