Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Drain
952 7 2017-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vokey
lvl.1
Canada

Should batteries be drained?
if so...Is there a proper way to drain the battery?
I tried to drain one by leaving it on. This did nothing..

I was talking to someone today about this issue and was told that draining the battery is harmful to that battery... But I remember reading that a battery should be drain after so many charges.  I'm not sure what to do.
I have 3 batteries and have tried to drain a battery by leaving it on... this did nothing.

Can someone give accurate advice on if a battery should be drained? how long to drain it? and the method to use to drain it?  

Thanks

2017-9-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

The Mavic's "intelligent" batteries will drain themselves down to a level appropriate for long-term storage after a configurable number of days. If I recall correctly the default is 10 days, though you can change that through the Go app. In any case, if you do want them to drain then make sure you don't press the button to check them before they've finished draining, because that resets the (e.g., 10-day) countdown "clock".
2017-9-15
Use props
Vokey
lvl.1
Canada

thank you..

so do that mean i should be draining the batteries?
2017-9-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Vokey Posted at 2017-9-15 17:47
thank you..

There's no need for you to drain them yourself, but DJI recommends that they be stored at 40-65% long term, so make sure that they're charged at least to 40% if you won't be using them for a while.
2017-9-15
Use props
Vokey
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks for the info
2017-9-15
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vokey Posted at 2017-9-15 17:47
thank you..

if you are calibrating your battery smart circuit every so often.(i recommend every 20 charge cycles indicated in app).. then i suggest to fly it until its weak and wants to land, let it hover until it goes into critical voltage or self lands.. then leave the drone on until it cuts itself off... then let the battery cool off for a few minutes then plug the battery in and charge it up..
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The guideline will be helpful:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170117/Mavic+Pro+Intelligent+Flight+Battery+Safety+Guides+(EN).pdf
2017-9-15
Use props
Vokey
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks Susan  
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules