Mavic does not slow vertical speed near ground
856 3 2017-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansad778fd1
New
United States

Ever since disabling beginner mode, the drone will drop straight to the ground when I attempt to lower it. In beginner mode, it would slow down a few feet up before initiating auto land, now it will not change its velocity at all when approaching ground. First time I tried to land it, it bounced a good 6 inches in the air. All protections and assists are on and firmware is up to date. Is this normal?
2017-9-15
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Are you using the throttle down very slowly? Is there any chance that you have changed the throttle expo?
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

When the drone is 0.5 meters above the ground, it would stay for 1 about second and pilot needs to pull the throttle down then the drone will land. Could you please provide us a video for your case so we could have a more direct understanding? Thank you.
2017-9-16
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

No, that isn't normal unless you've disabled landing protection directly, or indirectly by turning off VPS. I know you said you have "all protections and assists" on but you may want to double-check to ensure that VPS and Landing Protection are both enabled. If they are on then please upload the DAT file from the flight and I'll take a look. It's stored on the Mavic and can be retrieved using these instructions. The correct DAT file will have a timestamp that corresponds to when the flight occurred and will be at least tens of megabytes in size, and once you've retrieved it you'll need to upload it to DropBox and provide a link to it here.
2017-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules