Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Authorization Zones
1904 5 2017-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just went to advance unlock an "Authorization Zone" in my account to fly today. Clicked on a place that I previously flew many times and it would always allow me to do an advanced unlock. Now when I click on the yellow pin tab it will not list the area to unlock after I click on it > enter my S/N it just puts me back on the map to select the area to unlock?

This happening to others?

Just tried it with Chrome Browser, it works using it, still will not let me unlock "Authorization Zone", anyone know the procedure for getting authorization from DJI to fly within these Zones?

Part 107 certified and understand the Waiver process for restricted zones, this seems to be a DJI thing, FAA allows me to fly in these yellow zones provided I notify the Tower (which I do ) will DJI block me out within the "Authorization Zone" and prevent me to fly?
2017-9-16
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

DJI already preventing you from flying where you flew before w/ out any problem.
Like many others before you, some reverted back to older FW and App happily flying responsively enjoying their new found hobby.
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please report this case to flysafe@dji.com for a further help. Some screenshots with details are really appreciated when contacting them. Thanks.
2017-9-18
Use props
UAVTom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am not a fan of the fencing, but I understand why they have to put it in place.   I have my Part 107 and a few waivers to fly in controlled airspace, and the fencing is sometimes annoying.  However, there are so many recreational users who have no clue what airspace is and feel all they have to do it take it out of the box and fly.  Just look at the irresponsible videos on YouTube.  
2017-9-19
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

UAVTom Posted at 2017-9-19 03:25
I am not a fan of the fencing, but I understand why they have to put it in place.   I have my Part 107 and a few waivers to fly in controlled airspace, and the fencing is sometimes annoying.  However, there are so many recreational users who have no clue what airspace is and feel all they have to do it take it out of the box and fly.  Just look at the irresponsible videos on YouTube.

I have my 107 as well, not a question about flight safety, more a question about not being able to unlock DJI's "Authorization Zones (yellow areas)" in Advanced unlock in my account. I used to be able to unlock on line and when I got to the site the App would prompt me to accept responsibility, then I could fly that area. I have a direct communication line to the ATC that has jurisdiction for that airport.
Now you click on the yellow tab and it won't even give me the airfield associated with that Authorized only zone?
2017-9-19
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-9-16 03:44
DJI already preventing you from flying where you flew before w/ out any problem.
Like many others before you, some reverted back to older FW and App happily flying responsively enjoying their new found hobby.

Looks like I'm going to have to do that. What do you recommend is the best utility to roll back the FW on P3P & Mavic
I have DUMlore installed at the moment
Thanks
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules