2109 8 2017-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Hey all,
am I right in thinking the only thing difference on this are the new propellers (which give it the extra 3 mins & can be put on Mavic Pro) and a new paint job ?
i've looked at the spec sheet and was hoping for a Phantom 4 Pro camera on any new Mavic but it just looks exactlty same except the above 2 details.....or am i missing something ?

cheers
2017-9-16
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

And now that a lot of people preorder it and there's actually no inventory, guess what will happen?
2017-9-16
Use props
Jabreu001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 371601 ft
Costa Rica

In the specs there is definetly no difference but since the Mavic came out they have had some issues so some minor things must have been corrected as well but they were not important to mention or they were not willing to accept it or all mavic owners would rush sending back their drones for exchange, or I am wrong and DJI definetly made no changes whatsoever. Guess we will know very soon....
2017-9-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a dig through the forums, you may also see mention of the ESC changes (Sine wave control as opposed to square wave), and there was one I'm sure I saw from Tahoe Ed indicating that the camera chip was different, and better able to handle 1080P @ 60 fps.  But for me not enough to change from my four week old Mavic pro bought at a good discount.
2017-9-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-16 08:07
Have a dig through the forums, you may also see mention of the ESC changes (Sine wave control as opposed to square wave), and there was one I'm sure I saw from Tahoe Ed indicating that the camera chip was different, and better able to handle 1080P @ 60 fps.  But for me not enough to change from my four week old Mavic pro bought at a good discount.

I read that part about the sensor also, but I'm not sure if that is true since they did not mention it in the announcement (and it would have been something to mention I would say)
2017-9-16
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you go to the DJI website and do a comparison with the MP and MPP the only 4 things that change are the Props, Battery lifetime, color and the ESC.  
2017-9-16
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-9-16 12:39
If you go to the DJI website and do a comparison with the MP and MPP the only 4 things that change are the Props, Battery lifetime, color and the ESC.

shame......if it had the camera upgraded to same as phantom i may have splashed out, instead i've splashed €9 for Platinum propellers which means my existing will get quieter and maybe extra 3 mins, i can do without the silver look for now haha
2017-9-16
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

RCNJ Posted at 2017-9-16 12:54
shame......if it had the camera upgraded to same as phantom i may have splashed out, instead i've splashed €9 for Platinum propellers which means my existing will get quieter and maybe extra 3 mins, i can do without the silver look for now haha

Not me.  I had a chance to sell my old MP for 90% of what i have paid for(it had a lot of mileage to it) and add a little more for a brand new drone.
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The ESC also changed. The specs on camera are the same as Mavic Pro. For the design limit, it is not available for Mavic to own a one inch CMOS at the moment. You can also learn more here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-110991-1-1.html  
Thanks for your attention to our new product and hope we will have more products with great design and great hardware configurations.
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules