Max Flight Distance and Height
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AC3
New
United States

I have a problem with the maxium flight distance/height on my Phantom 3 4K. I just got the drone and it has had this problem since I started using it. I'm not able to fly further than 50 meters or higher than 30 meters away from the home point. It tells me to go into main controller settings to change the maximum distance, so I went there and changed the settings for the maximun flight height and distance to the max value. I tried flying again and it still wouldn't let me go past those limits. I have tried restarted everything and trying it again, but it persists. If you know anything that might help, that would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.
2017-9-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

I believe you will have to login to your DJI account online to unlock this constraint.  It's a requirement following the last round of updates.
2017-9-16
Use props
ourfrank34
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105430 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I currently have this problem also and I've been told to delete the app and download a new DJI Go app and then log in. When changing a battery you need to close the app and re-open it, you should also turn 'off' and then 'on' your craft. I hope this works and i will be giving it a go tomorrow. Very same issue as you.

2017-9-16
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Also check to see if you are in beginner mode, if so you will need deselect it.  This is besides having to log in to your DJI account via GO or GO 4 account.
2017-9-16
Use props
AC3
New
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-9-16 09:27
I believe you will have to login to your DJI account online to unlock this constraint.  It's a requirement following the last round of updates.

OK thank you. It works now!
2017-9-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

AC3 Posted at 2017-9-16 18:43

Good!  Happy flying.
2017-9-17
Use props
Martin62
lvl.1
Netherlands

I have almost a similar problem. The only difference is that I have this restriction only with one of the three accu's. All three of them do have the latest software upgrade, with two I can go beyond 30 meters height and 120 m distance, but only one is limited.

Anybody has any  idea?

2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Martin62 Posted at 2017-9-17 06:03
I have almost a similar problem. The only difference is that I have this restriction only with one of the three accu's. All three of them do have the latest software upgrade, with two I can go beyond 30 meters height and 120 m distance, but only one is limited.

Anybody has any  idea?

Does the issue appear after changing the battery? How about restarting the drone and APP?
2017-9-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

AC3 Posted at 2017-9-16 18:43

Aloha AC3,

Be sure to edit your thread title to say the problem is solved.  That way others can look at your solution and see if it can work for them.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules