Ronin Tilting down and Pan not centered
2784 5 2015-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
syahidan.tamim
New

Malaysia

I just bought a Ronin today and was dissapointed that I could not get it to balance properly. After calibration and adjusting the trim settings my tilt still is off by -14 degrees and pan also off a few degrees. Is this a hardware problem? Should I get my Ronin replaced? Please help! Thx!

Untitled-1.jpg
2015-4-4
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

How to balance properly, please refer to our Ronin user manual to tryhttp://www.dji.com/product/ronin/download
make sure it is balanced well before you turned on the Ronin
2015-4-21
Use props
tonyboyle
New

United Kingdom

I have the same issue. After I balance the Ronin and have it stable in all 3 axis as soon as I switch it on the tilt is ALWAYS facing down like the original poster. The only way I can get level is to have the tilt slightly back heavy, but this then constantly works the motors. If I hit calibrate the Ronin snaps into place and sits at a perfect angle on all axis but then resets and points down again. The tilt is a big issue for me!

I will post a video later today if I get the chance. But is there anything else that can be causing this? As my balance seems fine.
2015-4-21
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

tonyboyle@evrph Posted at 2015-4-21 19:16
I have the same issue. After I balance the Ronin and have it stable in all 3 axis as soon as I switc ...

Can you try Tilt Axis trim to see if it helps?
What are the GCU and IMU version of your Ronin?
2015-4-21
Use props
tonyboyle
New

United Kingdom

There isn't enough trim on the tilt to fix how out it is. I think the worst it has been is 14 degrees out, which I can only correct to about 8 degrees with the trim.

I've tried the center function with the remote, I've tried calibrating multiple times, the trim, the only thing that works is slightly back balancing the camera on the tilt axis, but then as I said the motors are then constantly working.

It knows where 0 is, and it can get there as during calibration it sits perfectly level, it just refuses to do so under normal working conditions! Its so frustrating!

I don't have the Ronin on me at the moment, but it was fully updated with firmware/software last week. Are these numbers likely to be different? I'll have to get it out when I get in if these numbers mean anything more than what software/firmware I'm running.

2015-4-22
Use props
tonyboyle
New

United Kingdom

Why was this never followed up by a member of staff? I'm actually thinking about selling the Ronin at this rate due to the lack of customer care and on going problems everyone else seems to be having.
2015-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules