Spark Battery looks apparently dead... why?
4352 10 2017-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jetline737
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11860 ft
Italy

Hi and tnxs for reading.

I have 2 Spark batteries, which I found in my Spark Combo pack.
Everything is fine. However today, I noticed that one of them which was fully charged 4 days ago and never used, was not showing any LED in the back when pressed. I installed on my Spark and again, no sign of power.
I put it again in the charger and after a few seconds illuminated full 4 dots. So I took it out again and now was fully working at full charge.

What is the reason of this behaviour? It was as if it was in a kind of sleeping mode.
Tnxs.
2017-9-16
Use props
Ethan-brown19
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81745 ft
Australia

It’s an intelligent battery, read the manual they put them selves to sleep to preserve battery life when not being used for extended periods of time
2017-9-16
Use props
Jetline737
lvl.1
Italy

Ethan-brown19 Posted at 2017-9-16 10:41
It’s an intelligent battery, read the manual they put them selves to sleep to preserve battery life when not being used for extended periods of time

Hi and tnxs for your reply.
Unfortunately it doesn't look applicable to my question.
I always read the manual very carefully but I cannot understand what info/feature/specification you are talking about. Could you please be so kind to clear and reference it?

I specified it happened only to one battery after 4 days, and the manual states they auto-discharge after 10 days.

I cannot find the word "sleep" in the manual (which you mentioned and is a different behaviour from the above-mentioned reference), and I am looking the Spark User Manual v1.4.

And anyway, both battery were charged together, so they were supposed to behave in the same way.
2017-9-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

It sounds weird!
I flew 5 batteries today, which I charged one weekend ago.
One week bad weather, and I had to empty them, 'cause I am taking 3 batt. with me to europe this week.
And all of 'em did show 4 lights and delivered 12 minutes of flighttime.
So sleep mode after 4 days can't be. Also they autodeload after 10 days, so I have read in here and in manual (page 27, intelligent batteries)

But actually: One of it "delivered" a stutter flight experience, in the beginning trying to ascend
And later, during full speed forward (S-mode) and ascending
It was the first battery, I flew on "my" safe soccer field, so I did empty that batt, too, in low altitude to see whats going on.
This batt also got me a auto RTH in 50m distance, full LOS.
I may send it in after I come back, but will leave it in Thailand anyway.
2017-9-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Oh:
Just read something, also page 27:

"The battery will enter Hibernation Mode after six hours of inactivity when the battery
level is less than 10% to prevent over discharging. The battery level indicators will not light up.
Charging the battery will wake it from hibernation."

So it looks like that your fully charged batt went 'sleeping'!
Weird!
I probably would "do it again", charge, leave some days and check if happened again.
2017-9-17
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems like a glitch, no electrical device is ever made perfect.  
2017-9-17
Use props
Jetline737
lvl.1
Italy

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-9-17 10:15
Seems like a glitch, no electrical device is ever made perfect.

Tnxs, do you think it is a common glitch or, as per your experience, it is the first time you hear this?
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It looks like the battery is in sleeping mode... Just to verify, the battery was not mixed and only this one has the issue, right? Does the same thing happen if fully stored for 4 days again? Please also post the intelligent battery interface, we'd like to look into it.
2017-9-20
Use props
Jetline737
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-20 22:37
It looks like the battery is in sleeping mode... Just to verify, the battery was not mixed and only this one has the issue, right? Does the same thing happen if fully stored for 4 days again? Please also post the intelligent battery interface, we'd like to look into it.

Yes it happened to a battery only.
I didn't have the chance to try it again at full charge for days.
However I'll try in the next days/weeks and update this.
What is the battery interface you are looking for? Where can I find it?
tnxs.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jetline737 Posted at 2017-9-28 09:29
Yes it happened to a battery only.
I didn't have the chance to try it again at full charge for days.
However I'll try in the next days/weeks and update this.

Noted with thanks! Click the battery icon, and send us the screenshot of battery interface, it will be helpful to check the issue.
2017-10-8
Use props
Jetline737
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-8 02:20
Noted with thanks! Click the battery icon, and send us the screenshot of battery interface, it will be helpful to check the issue.

Tnxs to you.
Unfortunately (or luckily) it didn't happen again, so I cannot see which battery was. I'll do if the even comes up again ;)
2017-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules