3103 39 2017-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

When will the 8331 props be available for the Mavic?
2017-9-16
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you go to the DJI website click on the propeller where is say "out of stock" then it will take you to the "in stock reminder" you can sign up there.  
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It is the recommended way like Lucas mentioned.
2017-9-18
Use props
DronePix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765469 ft
Australia

So when will the 8331 props be available for the Mavic?
2017-9-18
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Good question...When will they be available?
2017-9-18
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-18 03:38
It is the recommended way like Lucas mentioned.

I know that method is available but I don't know why DJI announces new products that aren't ready for release and typically take several months to hit the shelves after announcement. How long ago was the Inspire 2 released 6,8,10,12 months ago and still no handheld (OSMO) option for the I2 that has clearly been on the website at launch.   
2017-9-18
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

It would be an interesting and important information to be included on DJI's website.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 2017-9-18 05:15
I know that method is available but I don't know why DJI announces new products that aren't ready for release and typically take several months to hit the shelves after announcement. How long ago was the Inspire 2 released 6,8,10,12 months ago and still no handheld (OSMO) option for the I2 that has clearly been on the website at launch.

Understand your question. But what I got is as much as you know. So please kindly learn the news from the official web, hope your kind understanding.
2017-9-20
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530758 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-20 00:55
Understand your question. But what I got is as much as you know. So please kindly learn the news from the official web, hope your kind understanding.

What about the props selling on Amazon ( link below )
I ordered a set a couple of weeks ago .

If I can see that they are fake, hopefully I can cancel the order .
The description says ' factory sealed ' .

I sent a message to the dealer asking if they are genuine DJI products ... ( got a speedy reply back that they are genuine DJI product )

I also went through the motions of initiating a return and it appears that a full refund is possible ...

I guess the next question goes to DJI -> how can we tell if an item that we purchase 3rd party is genuine DJI or fake ? ? ?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075FR6BGY/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0
2017-9-21
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Osee Posted at 2017-9-21 04:09

They are fake. All the chinese resellers on Amazon are selling fake products. The original ones are identified as manufactured by DJI and they have the part number. i.e.: https://www.amazon.com/8330-CP-P ... dji+mavic+propeller

Named as: DJI 8330 CP.PT.000578 Quick Release Folding Propellers for DJI Mavic Drone (2 Sets)

DJI 8330 CP.PT.000578 that's the important part. All the rest are clones.

2017-9-21
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also note the careful (or misinformation) print in ad:

Propeller Pair for DJI Mavic Pro,Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers by ABCsell

Main material: Plastic
Diameter x pitch: 8.3*3.1 inch
New aerodynamic design, excellent noise reduction performance, longer endurance time
Factory Sealed 2017 Mavic Pro Platinum Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers (Gold Tip)
The blade is used for Mavic Pro platinum,the overall noise decreased by 4 dB,you can reduce noise power 60%,endurance extended to 30 minutes

It doesn't say anything about original DJI props.

And, the ad states they're in stock and ready to ship? ABCsell are trying to cash in early before DJI release date.
2017-9-21
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-9-21 04:51

It was two weeks ago that I placed the order ->
I am sure they are lying about in stock and ready to ship because the order immediately went to ' shipped ' status - but they are not due to be delivered until oct 3 - oct 25 .
Sounds like they may be waiting for the DJI product release also ?
2017-9-21
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-9-21 04:51

Well, I guess it would be nice if I would have waited for them to be delivered and checked them out, but I chickened out and cancelled the order .
Just now I got message from Amazon that the cancellation email failed delivery and it stated that the seller can still see it on their Amazon account ...
Hmm, I went on chat with Amazon and they said they would contact seller and request cancel and refund .  They also told me don't worry that no matter what I will get my money back .
Thanks for the advice to be wary - I think you are right that they can't be trusted .
2017-9-22
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Osee Posted at 2017-9-22 15:50
Well, I guess it would be nice if I would have waited for them to be delivered and checked them out, but I chickened out and cancelled the order .
Just now I got message from Amazon that the cancellation email failed delivery and it stated that the seller can still see it on their Amazon account ...
Hmm, I went on chat with Amazon and they said they would contact seller and request cancel and refund .  They also told me don't worry that no matter what I will get my money back .

"don't worry that no matter what I will get my money back ."

True, that's what I like about Amazon. They stick to their commitment.
2017-9-22
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-9-22 19:16
"don't worry that no matter what I will get my money back ."

True, that's what I like about Amazon. They stick to their commitment.

I got my refund already - Amazon is the best !
2017-9-23
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Osee Posted at 2017-9-23 08:23
I got my refund already - Amazon is the best !

Excellent! You won't regret the cancellation.
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

For some of the third party accessories, they don't have serial numbers and might look like the same as the genuine one, it is hard to identify. So I would recommend purchasing in an authorized store. And now we have also released this props now, you can check more here: http://store.dji.com/product/mav ... ease-props-platinum
2017-9-27
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I too got the email from DJI this morning and ordered my gold tip props, from DJI, the platinum ones are still out of stock.

If you noticed at the bottom of the DJI store listing it states that ...

"This product is manufactured by SZ DJI Baiwang Technology Co., Ltd. affiliated with DJI Group"

I sent and email to customer service at SZ DJI Baiwang Technology Co about a month ago, when all the props where showing up on eBay and ask it they were the official DJI props, and was Baiwang Tech send out official props to 3rd party sellers, and received a reply from Baiwang customer service just stating that "I should wait until the props are available on the DJI store before I buy them". No other information as to if the props I was seeing were official DJI props or not. But my guess is that they were not. Baiwang Tech did not elaborate.

So I waited until I got my notice from DJI today and bought a set.
2017-9-27
Use props
Lay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 185449 ft
Finland

I bought a set allthough the shipping cost is more than double the cost of the props.
2017-9-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Osee Posted at 2017-9-21 05:26
It was two weeks ago that I placed the order ->
I am sure they are lying about in stock and ready to ship because the order immediately went to ' shipped ' status - but they are not due to be delivered until oct 3 - oct 25 .
Sounds like they may be waiting for the DJI product release also ?

Same here, ordered from ebay instantly went to"shipped" i ask seller if he accually "shipped"them or if he just created a shipping label. He responded that it takes up to 53 days for items shipped airmail....so no, he didn't ship them...
2017-9-27
Use props
H83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18156 ft
United Kingdom

Sold out already!!
2017-9-27
Use props
GrahamG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73369 ft
United Kingdom

Email this morning and ordered them straight away as I thought they would be out of stock ASAP.  
2017-9-27
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

In a flash and they're all gone.  Those fingers out there were clicking away.  
2017-9-27
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

So the five sets they had available are all sold now...
2017-9-27
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2017-9-27 08:31
So the five sets they had available are all sold now...

Well, I ordered 4 sets so there should have at least been a pair available {:4_181:}
2017-9-27
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Pumavic Posted at 2017-9-27 08:43
Well, I ordered 4 sets so there should have at least been a pair available {:4_181:}

I'll give you tree-fiddy for one!
2017-9-27
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

GrahamG Posted at 2017-9-27 02:55
Email this morning and ordered them straight away as I thought they would be out of stock ASAP.

Same here, lucky I wasn't driving! Mine already shipped and due to arrive Fri. Oct. 13...uh oh Friday the 13th!!
edit: Correction...blades aren't due to arrive on this date, that was for the little pontoon floaties I ordered for emergency landing on water.
2017-9-27
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2017-9-27 08:46
I'll give you tree-fiddy for one!

I'm on the West coast in Cali...come on over ;)
2017-9-27
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-9-27 02:39
Same here, ordered from ebay instantly went to"shipped" i ask seller if he accually "shipped"them or if he just created a shipping label. He responded that it takes up to 53 days for items shipped airmail....so no, he didn't ship them...

I sent email to ABCSell and asked -
Are these props manufactured by DJI ?  Or are they made by a third party company .

The email reply was ' yes ' .

Then later, I posted the same question on a couple other vendors of the props on Amazon and got no reply .  But, I did notice that someone else asked pretty much the same question and the reply from the vendor was ' sure ' .

I would say that all these vendors are either selling bogus copies or they have been told not to disclose that they are genuine DJI products .

This may even be a deal struck by DJI and the original third party supplier for DJI and the Amazon sellers ...

So they might be good, but how can you trust them when they obfuscate and won't answer directly ?

Because of the same obfuscation by DJI, I am actually inclined to think that some of the Amazon vendors are selling the real thing .  Now, the problem is - there is no way to tell who is and who isn't legit .

Now, I have a pojection -> now that the props have been officially released - if those Amazon vendors eventually do post that their props are genuine - then it may have been the case that they were told not to divulge that fact previously ...

Oh, a funny thing about my Amazon order - the vendor immediately refunded the cost, but the order is still in shipped status ... Maybe I will have four pair instead of 2 ?

How long do props last anyway ?  What is the recommened replacement schedule ?

2017-9-28
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-27 00:24
For some of the third party accessories, they don't have serial numbers and might look like the same as the genuine one, it is hard to identify. So I would recommend purchasing in an authorized store. And now we have also released this props now, you can check more here: http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-low-noise-quick-release-props-platinum

Hi Thor, would you consider lowering the shipping costs? It does not make sense to pay 20 euro shipping on a 10 euro part!
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CuaC Posted at 2017-9-28 23:21
Hi Thor, would you consider lowering the shipping costs? It does not make sense to pay 20 euro shipping on a 10 euro part!

I think it mostly depends on the shipping company. I don't have the related news of reducing the shipping cost, if I were in this situation, I would buy more to meet the free shipping, it is always hard for me to pay the extra fee for shipping if it could be free.
2017-9-30
Use props
William Yuandi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 474357 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

haha.. Fake One.. Buy From Dji's Only , Or Visit the Nearest Authorized Store
2017-9-30
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

Easiest way to get genuine. Go to DJI store I mean they only $10. Why pay a profit to them peeps on amazon? Well I did have to pay shipping at DJI store but least I know I'm getting original. If they out of stock click the button and leave your email. They sent me email when it was back in stock and mine are on the way. I ordered 4 sets so with $10 shipping that's $50

https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... om=search-result-v2

2017-9-30
Use props
PushSky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 554925 ft
United States

Looks like they're back in stock.  Just ordered some.  We'll see when they ship.

Looking forward to this little upgrade!
2017-10-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

PushSky Posted at 2017-10-2 16:32
Looks like they're back in stock.  Just ordered some.  We'll see when they ship.

Looking forward to this little upgrade!

Ordered mine last week when they first became available and I was told that they will ship mid to end of October
2017-10-2
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-9-18 04:31
Good question...When will they be available?

* Kong Error * ( new label tag to use for describing DJI snafus )

Next good question ->

Now that they are available and I have ordered them about 2 weeks ago - when will they ship ?
So far nothing but ' we got your money ' status .

Maybe someone could write a software algorithm to calculate how many months after the sale that the item will be produced so that it can be packaged and shipped ?

It is apparent that you did not have the items in stock when you took the money - how many trillion propellers deliveries are you backlogged to take 2 weeks to even ship something that was advertised as being available ?

What does available mean ? 3 weeks ?  6 weeks ?  9 weeks until shipping ?

How many more insidious ways can you conjure up to infuriate your customers ?

As I see it - your biggest problems are a lack of honesty - trustworthiness and integrity .

More and more - it appears that at the top of your company is a group of genius covert operators who only want to get their gadgets proliferated while they employ lackluster - under achievers in the supply and support departments .

I know that many of you people are really trying to do a good job and I am not discounting that - the problem stems from the lack of proper management from the top - because they are covert genius operators and they know what they are doing .

They really don't care about your reputation in the ranks down below - they have left you without good recourse against their sub-par implementations and have given you no remedy for the holes in your network .

The lack of training on the specifics of the policies and warranties are obvious when you get 3 different answers to the same question from 2 different support staff - more than one time per incident .

The lag time for responses from support are horrendously long .  And then the responses are often disconnected - repetitive and erroneous .

Now the bonus question must be asked ->

Since it is becoming painfully obvious that the main thrust of purpose at DJI is get the money and spend it on ways to get more money instead of satisfying customers ->

Maybe some really bad entities in your company diverted a few shipments of drones to their criminal friends - and devised a way to be able to identify those diverted items by making sure their internal and external serial numbers did not match - that way they would fail to activate but the bogus merchants would be able to keep most of the money while their customers suffered ...

I suggested that there were covert geniuses at the top - didn't I ?

I wouldn't have known about DJI unless I spotted a news report about the U S Army banning the use of any DJI drone products - several months ago - I figured - if the U S Army is using them - they must be worth looking at and even if the Army bans them because they are covert spy devices - I don't care - I just want to fly a good drone .  They were commanded to take the batteries out of all DJI devices .

Now I suppose there will be news reports about bogus merchants and customers getting ripped off ...

Many people that see those news reports will consider getting a DJI product because they will learn about how popular they are, but they will be ignorant of how unpopular are the support and customer services .

Bad news report -> gain about 500 new customers - lose a few dozen current customers - good business huh ?

* Kong Error * ( new label tag to use for describing DJI snafus )

2017-10-9
Use props
pixy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2418684 ft
Japan

日本の、一部の dji代理店には、8831も、新型電池も、在庫があります。
2017-10-9
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

pixy Posted at 2017-10-9 23:13
日本の、一部の dji代理店には、8831も、新型電池も、在庫があります。
thanks for the info ( translated ) In Japan, some dji distributors have stock of 8831, new type batteries, as well.

2017-10-9
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nobody brave enough to look at the "clones"?
OK Here it is:
They are fake.
They will not work.
They are tracking very poorly.
Balance is NOT their problem.
Tracking is the flaw. They cannot be corrected. No correction tabs, as in real world propellers.
They weigh 1 gram less than real 8331, two grams each, less than 8330s. Flimsy as hell. Would probably flex in full power decent or climb.
Don't even bother

2017-12-14
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can have mine; I removed them.  I kept having glitchy video issues and gimbal vibrations, even after assuring I had the correct software update.  Also, I think the regular props sound much better and in some ways even quieter.  Since I removed the so called low noise props I have not had any of the mentioned issues.  
2017-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules