Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best settings for forward and yaw
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyFlyMike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 575167 ft
United States

What is the best way to set my forward motion and yaw?
The slightest touch going forward seems to move the drone
pretty quickly. I wouild like to have some more play in the
stick. Yaw seems to be better but it could also use a little
more play.
I usually use the DJI app on an ipad mini 2.

Thanks

2017-9-16
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Mike,

There are a couple things you can do.  First is calibrate your remote controller.  That will calibrate your sticks and the left side wheel.  Then you can go into Advanced Settings for the remote controller and look for EXPO.  EXPO allows you to put a graph on your sticks so the first bit of pressure is not so profound.  As you press harder it gets more intense in speed or other maneuver.  You will have to learn how it works.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fly smoothly and adjust the camera slowly, you will learn a lot in trial and error.
2017-9-18
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good setting and tips in here -
2017-9-18
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I personally have my EXP set to .25 across all three, but I like things softened up a bit. I also changed my sensitivity on the brake to 80%, which seemed to help a lot. I never liked it when you let off the stick and your aircraft stops real hard. Again I like things a little smoother, but you have to make sure you don't get yourself in trouble too. Make small changes and try them out. Get in an open area away from everything and play around with it before you get into or around buildings, trees, etc. and discover your stick movements don't react like you were used to. Making some small changes will definitely make for smoother videos when panning and such in my opinion.     
2017-9-18
Use props
SkyFlyMike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 575167 ft
United States

Thanks for all of your advice!
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules