1688 21 2017-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Apparently the disability to install 3rd party apps on P4P+ build-in Android device seems to be the main source of confusion and bad vibes among buyers. Indeed, this issue is not exposed well enough on related shelf of DJI store. Not every newbie do the homework before purchase. Even if they bother to perform some brief research, only FAQ section is providing this information hidden deep at the bottom ...

How difficult is to modify Phantom's store window witch adequate, loud and clear information in regards to this issue?
2017-9-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yes, good idea. Too many people appear to have bought the P4P+ and then discovered you cannot load third party apps. While I understand why DJI do not allow the loading of third party apps, they should be more upfront about this limitation.
2017-9-16
Use props
Eric ncfwa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322526 ft
Australia

I too was trying to decide whether to buy p4p+ or p4p with what I read on the forum I went with p4p glad I did
Regards
Eric
2017-9-17
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sometimes  it pays to research and ask questions before buying.  Avoiding surprises before it's too late.
2017-9-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think that should be clear on the website indeed!
2017-9-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Matt,

Be sure to mention that they can buy the P4 Pro remote controller and be in the best of both worlds.  Kind of strange.  With the rather high cost of a P4 Pro+ (plus) you would think that if you did not have money to burn, you would do more research on what to buy, enough to realize that it will not accept third party programs.  And if you do have money to burn, buy the P4 Pro remote controller and have the best of both worlds.

Oh well.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Apologies if this bothers you. I will also forward to the designated team and hopefully they will consider it in the future.
2017-9-18
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-18 04:15
Apologies if this bothers you. I will also forward to the designated team and hopefully they will consider it in the future.

Susan, it doesn't bother me at all ... I'm speaking on behalf of many future P4P+ buyers who is often disappointed after discovering this hidden limitation.
2017-9-18
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Eric ncfwa Posted at 2017-9-17 04:27
I too was trying to decide whether to buy p4p+ or p4p with what I read on the forum I went with p4p glad I did
Regards
Eric

I thought I was getting the short end of the stick by getting the P4P.... now I am really glad...
2017-9-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-18 10:49
I thought I was getting the short end of the stick by getting the P4P.... now I am really glad...

You thought you had lost the race, when in fact you are the winner.... Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-18
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-18 11:32
You thought you had lost the race, when in fact you are the winner.... Hahaha

The bad thing is that I LOVE THE CONCEPT of Crystal Sky.  I struggle when I am out and I can't see my screen.  I use the little light blocker thing, and it helps, but I really would like a screen that is ultra bright.  
2017-9-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-18 11:43
The bad thing is that I LOVE THE CONCEPT of Crystal Sky.  I struggle when I am out and I can't see my screen.  I use the little light blocker thing, and it helps, but I really would like a screen that is ultra bright.

You can add a screen hood, or perhaps place a matte film on the screen itself.  
See www.ghost-armor.com for their products...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-18
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-18 14:12
You can add a screen hood, or perhaps place a matte film on the screen itself.  
See www.ghost-armor.com for their products...

I think I am going to go for a more complex solution.... (sounds like me...) I am likely to get an umbrella or shade for a chair.  Nothing large... but something that could offer me some shade when it's not available.  I know the hand held is the simpler choice but.....
2017-9-19
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-19 05:06
I think I am going to go for a more complex solution.... (sounds like me...) I am likely to get an umbrella or shade for a chair.  Nothing large... but something that could offer me some shade when it's not available.  I know the hand held is the simpler choice but.....

I bought a portable fold up chair with a canopy top....works pretty good. https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-9-19
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-9-19 08:24
I bought a portable fold up chair with a canopy top....works pretty good. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SKZYHEC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah... that's exactly what I will be getting....
2017-9-19
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

That canopy chair seems like a lot to drag around.  I bought a cheap set of HDMI goggles for the sun problem, and that worked out way better than all of the sun shades I tried.  That canopy chair does have one major advantage, though:  It has a place to put your beer.
2017-9-19
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-18 11:43

Gentleman, we are off the topic already ... Beside, I'm not sure if P4P+ concept is a failure at all. That's why I titled the post "Not my problem ..." Since the purchase in May this year I had nothing but pleasure to fly this baby and enjoy comfortable monitoring in bright summer daylight. If not this I'll never bother and keep flying my P3P and Inspire 1 Pro with iPad Air tablet. And - for this only reason - I'm patiently waiting for CrystalSky Ultra Bright availability.
2017-9-19
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-9-19 09:08
Gentleman, we are off the topic already ... Beside, I'm not sure if P4P+ concept is a failure at all. That's why I titled the post "Not my problem ..." Since the purchase in May this year I had nothing but pleasure to fly this baby and enjoy comfortable monitoring in bright summer daylight. If not this I'll never bother and keep flying my P3P and Inspire 1 Pro with iPad Air tablet. And - for this only reason - I'm patiently waiting for CrystalSky Ultra Bright availability.

Sorry, not trying to get off topic... And I don't think of it as a failure (not even a little bit).  Only that there are features that aren't there yet.  For me, at least, it's a big difference.  
2017-9-19
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-19 09:11
Sorry, not trying to get off topic... And I don't think of it as a failure (not even a little bit).  Only that there are features that aren't there yet.  For me, at least, it's a big difference.

"... Only that there are features that aren't there yet ..."

2017-9-19
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

you lose the ability to install third-party applications yes, but you gain in brightness and visibility even in full sun and that's gold :-)
2017-9-19
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

Olivier Vietti- Posted at 2017-9-19 09:30
you lose the ability to install third-party applications yes, but you gain in brightness and visibility even in full sun and that's gold :-)

Agreed... I complain that I can't see the screen in full sun, even with a little shield thing.... but then I complain that it won't load all the apps....

With out any doubt, I would rather see than not.... and I am jealous when I can't see.  

Thanks for reminding me of the proper perspective.
2017-9-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Planning for the future, I am going to plant trees, that will eventually provide shade...  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules