Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Do I have to send my drone in for repairs or if it's software
1231 16 2017-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Teckoldt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 231014 ft
South Africa

I reasently got my P4P and I have a range issue. So I don't know if it is a software of a hardware issue because I never tried the old sowfter. So I don't know if I have to semnd it in for repairs or not.
So if someone could tell me how to downgrade or could someone give me the beta.  

2017-9-17
Use props
PaulSouthport
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

What do you mean by range issue? how far can you go?

Are you on 2.4 or 5.8?

Where are you flying?

How do you orientate the antennae?
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Teckoldt, please reply Paul's questions in 2# for further analysis. The image transmission got disconnected or RC signal? And what mobile device are you using?
2017-9-17
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.1
South Africa

PaulSouthport Posted at 2017-9-17 01:17
What do you mean by range issue? how far can you go?

Are you on 2.4 or 5.8?

I am using 2.4 and the antennas are barrel to each other and tilted at an angle about 70°.
2017-9-17
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-17 03:34
Teckoldt, please reply Paul's questions in 2# for further analysis. The image transmission got disconnected or RC signal? And what mobile device are you using?

I can get on average 300 meters of distance away and it first gives me a message saying weak image transmission problem then aircraft disconnected.
2017-9-17
Use props
PaulSouthport
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried 5.8 auto yet?
Antennas should be pointing straight up
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Was the drone triggered RTH? Have you tried to fly the drone in different open areas? For the position of the antennas, here is a video for your reference.
2017-9-17
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.1
South Africa

PaulSouthport Posted at 2017-9-17 13:50
Have you tried 5.8 auto yet?
Antennas should be pointing straight up

Yes I have done that
2017-9-18
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-17 18:35
Was the drone triggered RTH? Have you tried to fly the drone in different open areas? For the position of the antennas, here is a video for your reference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Yes I have done that.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Not sure what is meant by never trying the older software. Firmware updates can help resolve some issues you may have. You would get that here: http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads/

Also check the Assistant 2 Software as that is where you would be able to do any updates or calibrations.
2017-9-18
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-18 11:39
Not sure what is meant by never trying the older software. Firmware updates can help resolve some issues you may have. You would get that here: http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads/

Also check the Assistant 2 Software as that is where you would be able to do any updates or calibrations.

I  recently got my drone, it is about a week old now so as I got it I updated it so I never tried the old firmware so I don’t know if it is the firmware that is the problem of if it is the hardware.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Teckoldt Posted at 2017-9-18 21:37
I  recently got my drone, it is about a week old now so as I got it I updated it so I never tried the old firmware so I don’t know if it is the firmware that is the problem of if it is the hardware.

Were there any other issues you are experiencing outside of range? Have you tried flying in a different location? Are you near any restricted airspace?
2017-9-19
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-19 06:29
Were there any other issues you are experiencing outside of range? Have you tried flying in a different location? Are you near any restricted airspace?

The only problem I have is range and I have tried many locations, still getting the same problem.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Antenna placement can be important. However, you may want to contact Customer Service to see about setting up for a repair.
2017-9-19
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-19 09:27
Antenna placement can be important. However, you may want to contact Customer Service to see about setting up for a repair.

My antennas are placed correctly. The problem is that I purchased it in America and I live in South Africa so I don’t want to pay for a repair if it is a software issue. So if you could please send the beta to me, my email is thomasm@plesium.com .
2017-9-19
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-19 09:27

My antennas are placed correctly. The problem is that I purchased it in America and I live in South Africa so I don’t want to pay for a repair if it is a software issue. So if you could please send the beta to me.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Teckoldt Posted at 2017-9-19 10:31
My antennas are placed correctly. The problem is that I purchased it in America and I live in South Africa so I don’t want to pay for a repair if it is a software issue. So if you could please send the beta to me, my email is  .

Thanks, I will need to confer others on the beta software Please allow me time to find an answer to this.
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules