o(^-^)o
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Upon starting i am getting message in yellow:
Compass redundancy switch

Which disappears also as quickly as t came.
Only happened once
Anybody knows what it means?
2017-9-17
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

That's a rare and new one.  Anything out ordinary  happening?
2017-9-17
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Have you gone in to the settings to see if anything is showing red or has an option to switch over to avoid the error?
There are two compasses, as I have read here in the forum one is in the UAV and the other is from your mobile device.  Now I now many mobile devices have compasses, but to me that doesn't make any sense, the P4P has two IMUs I would think logically it would have two compasses too, but I don't know this to be fact.
If the UAV does have two compasses then that error seems all the more curious, as they are redundant.  What it might mean is there is a problem in the settings or there was a problem with one of the compasses that required it to switch to the other.
I wish the manual would fully explain what all these errors mean.
If you don't know, you can go in to general settings in GO 4 and near the bottom you can look at all the warnings listed by date and you will have time to see what they all were, as I agree they can come and go way too fast.
2017-9-17
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

No nothing unusual. Nothing red. It didnot show up anymore. Just to be sure i calibrated compass and its flying fine
2017-9-17
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

This means that your P4P changes from example compass no. 1 to compass no. 2 or vice versa. Most probably there has been some magnetic field near one of your compasses, which, after what I've been told, is sitting in each leg on the P4P. If the error is not displayed anymore, all is fine.

Regards Leif.
2017-9-17
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Landbo Posted at 2017-9-17 06:41
This means that your P4P changes from example compass no. 1 to compass no. 2 or vice versa. Most probably there has been some magnetic field near one of your compasses, which, after what I've been told, is sitting in each leg on the P4P. If the error is not displayed anymore, all is fine.

Regards Leif.

I agree with this response. Sometimes, you fly over an area that has magnetic interference and this message can come on. Soils vary in their iron content and this can affect flight if you near ground.
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Phantom 4 Pro has two IMUs and two compasses. The message will pop up when the two compasses switched. As long as one set works well, the drone could fly. No worries.
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules