Phantom 3 SE: SD Card Error and other Problems
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nickeystudios
New
Germany

Hello guys,

I have some problems with my new DJI Phantom 3 SE and i can't find any solutions for that. The Phantom 3 SE convinced me with the new specs and functions, like a better Phantom 3 STD, this is why i decided to buy the Phantom 3 SE. It is my first drone. I will list you my currently Problems:

1) SD Card Error / Invalid SD Card "SD Card Error, please replace it"
2) Drone's signal breaks off at 60 meters (at any location)
3) After pressing Record button for video, the image is freezing and i loose my signal, video timer is freezing after some seconds -> SD Card Error
4) Camera is getting extremly hot

This is the short list for my problems. Now i will explain the problems which i have:

1) Always when i want to use a sd card, the drone says me "SD card error, please replace it". I am working now over 2 days on this problem, but i don't find any solution for that. I checked the compatible memory card list on DJI's page, bought/switched more as 10 SD cards to get it work (all from the list) but no one is working for me. I am really sad about it. These sd cards are class 10 and/or UHS-1, like SanDisk Extreme 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. No one is working for me, also from Samsung it's not working. I tried different sizes for the sd cards, but there is nothing other like the other sd cards. I formatted all cards correctly like on the specs page. FAT32 (≤32 GB); exFAT (>32 GB). I downloaded other format programs for windows = not working, I tried to format it on my iPhone = not working, on my android tablet = Not working, on the DJI App = Not working. Still SD Card Error! I tried also different ways like removing a partition on the sd cards and recreate it, formatted it in the dji app but still not working. I google'd over 6 hours, tried everything but nothing works.
My drone has the actual firmware - all is up to date. Maybe i got a bad/corrupt copy of the drone? https://forum.dji.com/thread-109860-1-1.html also tried this ways, also not working. I also checked other threads on the forums and external sites. Nothing. Also getting SD Card Error on the top right of the screen.

2) After take off i can only fly up to 60 meters, then i get an image transmission signal lost and the drone is coming back by the coming home function.. on the specs its saying i have 4 km, of course it depends on the location and magnetify places. I changed the places, but still the same. Doesn't matter if i am flying on a clear field, in my garden at home or where other. Still only to 60 metres :-( Compass is correct calibrated. Also tried different tablets and phones with other OS. Nothing is working. Antenna also tried to turn.. Nothing :/

3) This is the next problem, i found a very old 8 GB sd card, which is not giving me a sd card error. All is fine, but when i press record video, the timer is freezing, screen freezing and i get a signal lost and drone is coming back with coming home function. And then a voice is saying "SD Card error, please replace it"... :-( When i check the card on the pc, it says file size "0" because of broken files. I'm not able to take videos currently.

4) Camera is getting very hot after starting the drone, i think it's not normal. In the air it is okay, because of the cooling from the fans. But it's very dangerous i think.

This is all what i have for problems with my drone. Too much problems, not possible to fly without making me a head or make great scenes with it. Going to call the support hotline tomorrow.

Hopefully someone can help me - i think i have a bad copy of the Phantom 3 SE. Or?

Thanks!
2017-9-17
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Maybe lemon written all over this one.  I would send it back.
2017-9-17
Use props
darealburn1
New
Netherlands

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-17 04:15
Maybe lemon written all over this one.  I would send it back.

Thanks for your reply. I will send it back. Maybe i buy a DJI Mavic Pro with it. Going to call the hotline tomorrow.
2017-9-17
Use props
Jahmannnn
lvl.2
France

Hello i have buy SE , but image transmission weak all times , and impossible intelligent fliht mode .
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

After learning your post, I will also recommend sending the drone back for an overall check. So had you shipped it back? We will take care of it when we received the drone.
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jahmannnn Posted at 2017-9-17 09:41
Hello i have buy SE , but image transmission weak all times , and impossible intelligent fliht mode .

Please try to adjust the antennas when there is a transmission weak error, the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, move to another place and update the firmware. If the error keeps showing, just to verify, are there any impact damages on the drone before? If yes, please send the drone in for repair. For the intelligent flight mode, you need to pull down S1 stick after taking off the drone.
2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules