8331 props on Amazon....fake?
3785 35 2017-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SadMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91132 ft
United States

several sellers on Amazon seem to have the new props.  I'm assuming these are fakes that are already out?  
2017-9-17
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

they're also on ebay but I'm not sure how legit they are so I'm still waiting on the DJI store
2017-9-17
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

The only ones I see on Amazon (U.S.) are for pre-order, so they're probably legitimate but they're also marked up quite a bit and it's not clear that you'll get them any sooner from those merchants than you would if you ordered from DJI.
2017-9-17
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

^^^ ditto ! those sellers are also getting them from DJI but marked them up a bit too. Not so sure they'll get their hands on them before anyone else but who knows. Some I saw were also based out of China.
2017-9-17
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yea think i will wait the month or two for props from dji. Because they are either really marked up or u will be waiting just about that long from non u.s sellers for post
2017-9-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i actually seen a few that the sellers on ebay claiming that they ship it out it priority.. $20 per pair and would be at my step in 10 days or less from china.  bit of a mark up.. decided i can wait a bit longer.  while it is actually possible for props to sneak out/walk out of the factory and stuff specially in china..  i doubt they have enough for large scale sales before offical launches..so my guess is fake or they lying and grabbing money for pre orders to send u after they finally get their grubby hands on them.. no guarantee they will be any faster than us here on the forums looking out for them..
2017-9-17
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Those sellers are probably the reason DJI is sold out for a long time and they are buying them(reserved) in bulk also assuming the same thing with the MPP itself.
2017-9-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a set of 4 on ebay for 24 dollars from the land of china and the seller claims that they are shipped...
2017-9-17
Use props
SadMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91132 ft
United States

Yeah many sellers say "in stock"
2017-9-17
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-9-17 12:09
I bought a set of 4 on ebay for 24 dollars from the land of china and the seller claims that they are shipped...

Lets us know the results of your purchase.
2017-9-17
Use props
itsjustme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

So when is the s the actual release and availability date for the new props? Have they only been announced so far?
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

itsjustme Posted at 2017-9-17 17:56
So when is the s the actual release and availability date for the new props? Have they only been announced so far?

Unfortunately, no additional information. This is what is available right now at the store: http://store.dji.com/product/mav ... -folding-propellers
2017-9-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased a pair from amazon 8 for 15 bucks and been using 1 set of them for about a month now, with no issues. I just made sure to purchase the ones that said dji. Even came in a dji box.
2017-9-18
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

They're fake. Amazon looks like AliExpress sometimes...
2017-9-18
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 2017-9-18 21:04
I purchased a pair from amazon 8 for 15 bucks and been using 1 set of them for about a month now, with no issues. I just made sure to purchase the ones that said dji. Even came in a dji box.

I doubt you've been using a set of the (authentic) new propellers from Amazon for a month since they were only announced by DJI about 3 weeks ago. More likely you either got knockoffs or you've misunderstood the kind of propellers people are referring to here.
2017-9-19
Use props
Kalibr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59416 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 2017-9-18 21:04

If you purchased 8 props for $15, they're most likely the standard props, not the new DJI 8331 propellers which were released with the new Mavic Pro Platinum.
2017-9-19
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

My thoughts too!

2017-9-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-9-19 02:18
I doubt you've been using a set of the (authentic) new propellers from Amazon for a month since they were only announced by DJI about 3 weeks ago. More likely you either got knockoffs or you've misunderstood the kind of propellers people are referring to here.

Your correct misunderstanding on which props
2017-9-19
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Likely 8330 props.
2017-9-19
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

or better yet, can you post a photo of the props?
2017-9-19
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well, just saw an ad on Amazon and yup, they're sure 100% fake.

"Propeller Pair for DJI Mavic Pro,Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers by ABCsell"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075FR6BGY/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0

2017-9-19
Use props
danielwilkie29
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Id recommend not going near them! Go through DJI or an Official DJI Retailer
2017-9-20
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530758 ft
United States

RE: 8331 props on Amazon....fake? [[url=]Modify[/url]]  
Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-9-19 15:48
Well, just saw an ad on Amazon and yup, they're sure 100% fake.

How can you tell that they are fake ?
Those are the exact ones that I ordered .
If I can see that they are fake, hopefully I can cancel the order .
The description says ' factory sealed ' .

I sent a message to the dealer asking if they are genuine DJI products ... ( got a speedy reply back that they are genuine DJI product )

I also went through the motions of initiating a return and it appears that a full refund is possible ...

I guess the next question goes to DJI -> how can we tell if an item that we purchase 3rd party is genuine DJI or fake ? ? ?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075FR6BGY/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0
2017-9-20
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Osee Posted at 2017-9-20 21:22
How can you tell that they are fake ?
Those are the exact ones that I ordered .
If I can see that they are fake, hopefully I can cancel the order .

You're going to be able to tell by the box, quality and if it's truly coming inside an original DJI box. The ones you bought are yes sealed, sealed by that non-DJI company.

Of course it;'s your choice to make but I'd be very careful about these non-DJI sellers claiming to have the real deal. Remember these sellers want to jump on the band wagon and sell their non-DJI products too.

DJI hasn't even released these props so nobody has them at this point.

If all else fails, at least you can return them. Please post photos of the box and props upon receipt.

2017-9-21
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Also note the careful (or misinformation) print in ad:

Propeller Pair for DJI Mavic Pro,Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers by ABCsell

Main material: Plastic
Diameter x pitch: 8.3*3.1 inch
New aerodynamic design, excellent noise reduction performance, longer endurance time
Factory Sealed 2017 Mavic Pro Platinum Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers (Gold Tip)
The blade is used for Mavic Pro platinum,the overall noise decreased by 4 dB,you can reduce noise power 60%,endurance extended to 30 minutes

It doesn't say anything about original DJI props.

And, the ad states they're in stock and ready to ship? ABCsell are trying to cash in early before DJI release date.
2017-9-21
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-9-21 04:48
Also note the careful (or misinformation) print in ad:

Propeller Pair for DJI Mavic Pro,Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers by ABCsell

It was two weeks ago that I placed the order ->
I am sure they are lying about in stock and ready to ship because the order immediately went to ' shipped ' status - but they are not due to be delivered until oct 3 - oct 25 .
Sounds like they may be waiting for the DJI product release also ?
2017-9-21
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Osee Posted at 2017-9-21 05:15
It was two weeks ago that I placed the order ->
I am sure they are lying about in stock and ready to ship because the order immediately went to ' shipped ' status - but they are not due to be delivered until oct 3 - oct 25 .
Sounds like they may be waiting for the DJI product release also ?

Perhaps. I guess you'll have to wait and see whether they're in fact authentic.
2017-9-21
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-9-21 08:36
Perhaps. I guess you'll have to wait and see whether they're in fact authentic.

Well, I guess it would be nice if I would have waited for them to be delivered and checked them out, but I chickened out and cancelled the order .
Just now I got message from Amazon that the cancellation email failed delivery and it stated that the seller can still see it on their Amazon account ...
Hmm, I went on chat with Amazon and they said they would contact seller and request cancel and refund .  They also told me don't worry that no matter what I will get my money back .
Thanks for the advice to be wary - I think you are right that they can't be trusted .
2017-9-22
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

Osee Posted at 2017-9-22 15:48
Well, I guess it would be nice if I would have waited for them to be delivered and checked them out, but I chickened out and cancelled the order .
Just now I got message from Amazon that the cancellation email failed delivery and it stated that the seller can still see it on their Amazon account ...
Hmm, I went on chat with Amazon and they said they would contact seller and request cancel and refund .  They also told me don't worry that no matter what I will get my money back .

I got my refund already - Amazon is the best !
2017-9-23
Use props
djiuser_JlVVExV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47874 ft
United Kingdom

Just been informed that the US store have them in stock.
2017-9-27
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_JlVVExV Posted at 2017-9-27 02:36
Just been informed that the US store have them in stock.

I sent email to ABCSell and asked -
Are these props manufactured by DJI ?  Or are they made by a third party company .

The email reply was ' yes ' .

Then later, I posted the same question on a couple other vendors of the props on Amazon and got no reply .  But, I did notice that someone else asked pretty much the same question and the reply from the vendor was ' sure ' .

I would say that all these vendors are either selling bogus copies or they have been told not to disclose that they are genuine DJI products .

This may even be a deal struck by DJI and the original third party supplier for DJI and the Amazon sellers ...

So they might be good, but how can you trust them when they obfuscate and won't answer directly ?

Because of the same obfuscation by DJI, I am actually inclined to think that some of the Amazon vendors are selling the real thing .  Now, the problem is - there is no way to tell who is and who isn't legit .

Now, I have a pojection -> now that the props have been officially released - if those Amazon vendors eventually do post that their props are genuine - then it may have been the case that they were told not to divulge that fact previously ...

Oh, a funny thing about my Amazon order - the vendor immediately refunded the cost, but the order is still in shipped status ... Maybe I will have four pair instead of 2 ?

How long do props last anyway ?  What is the recommened replacement schedule ?
2017-9-29
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered 2 sets the other day from DJI and said shipping was 15-20 business days ...
They do have (2) different props "Gold" and "Platinum" referring to the color strips. I got the Gold stripped ones since they were In Stock.... the Platinum colored strips were out of stock.

https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... ease-props-platinum
2017-9-29
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

Osee Posted at 2017-9-29 09:20
I sent email to ABCSell and asked -
Are these props manufactured by DJI ?  Or are they made by a third party company .

'How long do props last anyway ?  What is the recommended replacement schedule?'

No real recommendation that I know of, I keep on using the same ones but inspect them before and after every flight, the slightest chip or bend and out they go.
2017-9-29
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

Zamboon Posted at 2017-9-29 20:58
'How long do props last anyway ?  What is the recommended replacement schedule?'

No real recommendation that I know of, I keep on using the same ones but inspect them before and after every flight, the slightest chip or bend and out they go.

Its written somewhere in the forum +/- 200 flights
2017-11-2
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

I ve ordered 3 set of props from amazon.fr from DJI with free shipping on the 6 of October still not shipped . However it looks like they are not fake

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-11-2
Use props
DJEyeintheSky
lvl.1
New Zealand

Probably legit if its for pre order. Buy from DJI anyways
2017-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules