Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sudden in flight gimbal roll
826 11 2017-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
G1DTF
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230151 ft
United Kingdom

I was just flying my P4 standard when the gimbal suddenly rolled about 30 degrees to the left then almost immediately 30 degrees to the right then stayed there leaving the horizon 30 degrees off with a jittery image. The craft still flew perfectly but the gimbal was to all intents and purposes U.S. i then hit RTH and got the craft back safely. After landing I cycled the power on the P4 and the gimbal did its usual dance and seemed to initialise ok. I am still running v01.02.0602 firmware and version 4.1.3 of the Go 4 app. This is the first time i have experienced this issue and only the seconfd flight with 4.1.3 of the Go 4 app. I have read of people having similar issues on the new dodgy firmware but not sure if anyone has experienced it on the older firmware.
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Did you record the video when the issue happened? If yes, please post it for better assistance.
2017-9-18
Use props
G1DTF
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-18 02:36
Did you record the video when the issue happened? If yes, please post it for better assistance.

Here's a short clip recorded when the gimbal problem occured.

2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

G1DTF Posted at 2017-9-18 12:13
Here's a short clip recorded when the gimbal problem occured.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW3HSY0f21o&t=4s

Well received. I will forward to our engineers to look into it.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

According to your description, it should be an occasional issue. Our engineers are trying to locate the reason and hopefully it can be optimized in the future.
2017-9-20
Use props
G1DTF
Second Officer
United Kingdom

It has only happened once and I have had 3 flights since with no issues. Hopefully its just an isolated issue.
2017-9-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

G1DTF Posted at 2017-9-20 16:04
It has only happened once and I have had 3 flights since with no issues. Hopefully its just an isolated issue.

Have you looked over the flight LOG for that mission?

Perhaps that would be a good place to search for any anomalies.
Please post the link here, once you have it. Thanks

www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload

RedHotPoker

2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to test the performance carefully. Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
2017-9-21
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Same thing happened to me the other day. Was filming directly down, then the camera shot to the right on the y axis about 10 degrees which was odd considering we don't have control over that. It's only happened once so far but it does kinda ruin the shot.
2017-9-21
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is why I havent bought this phantom yet. I see it has happened on the p4p's as well. Did they fix this with the new black edition?? They sometime with the gimbal and I doubt it's just the coating
2017-9-21
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

Were you recording in 4K for minutes. If that was the case, the camera circuit might be heated and caused gimbal to temporarily malfunction. I got once on I2. Some recommended not to do recording in 4K more than 1 minute each time. Hope this can help,
2017-9-21
Use props
Fruxen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

I have had exactly this happen once in my 60 flights, still on the old firmware. The gimbal seemed to suddenly completely lose power but the aircraft kept flying normally. Everything worked fine after a landing and restart and I have not gotten the issue again.

From what I can find this is a rare and random issue that probably is nothing to worry much about.
2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules