dji go crashes
615 8 2017-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_p9bLFAX
New
Flight distance : 10522 ft
Germany

the app crushes on android several devices on each time i try to take off the spark.  
any solutions for this?
2017-9-17
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Yes....It seems that  DJI wants you to buy an ios device.....Common problem is android....
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

What Android devices have you tried? Please reinstall the APP, then run the APP when your phone is in the airplane mode, see if it works.
2017-9-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ya i switched to iOS again because of the insane amount of crashes..  my moto G probably was ok, but the battery only runs for 30 minutes off the wall charger.. but my S8 was a complete nightmare   

using an iPad mini 2 (A7 cpu and 1GB ram) and for a 2013 SoC it handles it well on iOS 11.  is the occasional hiccup i been getting with ios 11 GM and dji go 4 after its been running for 30 minutes. video feed micro pauses..  i have the cache disabled but its acting like its caching again... before that's how it acted with cache enabled.. 30 minutes in start seeing micro pauses as its caching video..turned it off those pauses vanished..  now its back with cache disabled so im wondering if ios 11 GM or dji go app is doing background caching  causing it..   little frustrating.. but its far cry from having the app just crash while your buzzing near something you dont want to hit..like on my S8.

2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-9-17 20:15
ya i switched to iOS again because of the insane amount of crashes..  my moto G probably was ok, but the battery only runs for 30 minutes off the wall charger.. but my S8 was a complete nightmare   

using an iPad mini 2 (A7 cpu and 1GB ram) and for a 2013 SoC it handles it well on iOS 11.  is the occasional hiccup i been getting with ios 11 GM and dji go 4 after its been running for 30 minutes. video feed micro pauses..  i have the cache disabled but its acting like its caching again... before that's how it acted with cache enabled.. 30 minutes in start seeing micro pauses as its caching video..turned it off those pauses vanished..  now its back with cache disabled so im wondering if ios 11 GM or dji go app is doing background caching  causing it..   little frustrating.. but its far cry from having the app just crash while your buzzing near something you dont want to hit..like on my S8.

Please tell me the version of your app. Is your drone the latest version? Can you provide the crash log ? For Android system, It is located in DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH. Any question, please feel free to talk to us. Thanks.
2017-9-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-17 22:11
Please tell me the version of your app. Is your drone the latest version? Can you provide the crash log ? For Android system, It is located in DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH. Any question, please feel free to talk to us. Thanks.

shhh... calm down, read before you respond plz
i explained all is good in my world, i already switched to iOS from andriod..  iOS 11 GM is just little less snappy with dji go after about 30 minutes of use..  no biggy it get sorted out.  

2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-9-17 22:38
shhh... calm down, read before you respond plz
i explained all is good in my world, i already switched to iOS from andriod..  iOS 11 GM is just little less snappy with dji go after about 30 minutes of use..  no biggy it get sorted out.

Glad that you can use iphone to solve the problem.
And you can try to clean the cache files of your ipad mini 2 and see if it can work faster.
Thanks for your support.
2017-9-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-18 00:25
Glad that you can use iphone to solve the problem.
And you can try to clean the cache files of your ipad mini 2 and see if it can work faster.
Thanks for your support.

ill testing it out later on.  
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-9-18 00:35
ill testing it out later on.

Thanks for your support. Hope it work.
2017-9-18
Use props