A Local name brand store has the DJI - Phantom 3 SE Quadcopter -...
2100 19 2017-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zippo43
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387126 ft
United States

A local name brand store (BEST BUY) has the as stated below for a very good price and its not been refurbished  its NEW  just wondering what the SE stands for  as   Second Edition  ? and whats new about it and the flight system included !    I have  a small entry level Drone now for near a year and i'm ready for the real thing....the drone i have now has
      to be controlled all the time....its been fun but i need a better one.....Please advise on the as stated below :

Crash 43 In Kansas

DJI - Phantom 3 SE Quadcopter - White and Yellow  

2017-9-17
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
United States

This Is  My VERY 1st Post so bear with me......Thanks
2017-9-17
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

How much is the drone?
2017-9-17
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

The full list of improvements is here, straight from the whorse's mouth:
https://store.dji.com/guides/phantom-3-se-vs-phantom-3-standard/

Can I ask: How much is your Best Buy charging for it?  I see one on their site for $599, but I don't think I'd pay even close to that much for a P3, even with all the SE improvements.  I got my P4 for not much more than that.

Keep in mind if you have to send it in for repair, you're gonna get a refurb back anyway.  So might as well start with one.  Doubly so if you're truly looking for a beginner model that won't break the bank when you crash it.
2017-9-17
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-9-17 09:30
The full list of improvements is here, straight from the whorse's mouth:

Yes thats it for  $599.00.....So might as well just buy the P4  and be done with it !
2017-9-17
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-9-17 09:23
How much is the drone?

$599.00  at BEST BUY  !
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The SE means Special Edition. I would recommend you purchase it from DJI store as it has the same price:

http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-se?from=menu_products
2017-9-18
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Yeah, buy it from the DJI Store for the same price so you can get waaaay slower shipping and a much more restrictive return policy.  Does not compute.
2017-9-18
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
United States

Geeeeeeeeeeee   The  DJI  P4  is really higher priced and  its much more then a little as a reply stated above    $999.00.....i still THINK the  DJI  P 3 SE is a good choice !
2017-9-18
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-9-18 02:35
Yeah, buy it from the DJI Store for the same price so you can get waaaay slower shipping and a much more restrictive return policy.  Does not compute.

Explain  what you mean by a restrictive return policy !     Thanks
2017-9-18
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

In my opinion, the SE is a good deal.  It is a kind of cross between a P3S and a P3P.  It has similar range to the Pro and the Advanced, and a better camera than the Advanced.  It only has 1 gps, vs the 2 on the Advanced and the Pro, but you probably wont notice the difference with that.  Overall, probably a good deal.  The 4k camera is really the deal maker, along with the range.  The VPS is not so useful.
2017-9-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

This must have just become available in the US. ... when?  Last month I guess?  I didn't even notice.  

According to specs, it also is the only wifi phantom to include Glonass.  And it has a significant better control range.  And a 4K camera too - for a mere $100 more than a P3S.  

What I'm not clear on is the 2.4 ghz FPV range.  

The normal specs page seems to imply 4000 meters but it's not super clear.  

http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-se/info?lang=cn#specs

According to this link:

we can fly 4000 meters and stay connected in both control and FPV according to the language...

the Phantom 3 SE has a max transmission range of 4 km vs the Phantom 3 Standard’s of 1 km. This, of course, means you can fly the Phantom 3 SE much further giving you more flexibility when it comes to getting the shots you want.

So it seems we can fly 4000 meters FPV.  

And on this page, it says the FPV is good for 4000 meters under HIGHLIGHTS - Max Transmission distance 2.4 ghz 4000m FCC

https://www.dji.com/products/compare-consumer-drones

So at this point, we can happily conclude that we can fly FPV for 4000 meters!   

That's great news but further down on the same page, it says under REMOTE CONTROLLER - Max Transmission distance 2.4 ghz 1000m FCC

!?!?!

These are contradictory statements.  So which is it?  

2017-9-18
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Zippo43 Posted at 2017-9-18 09:54
Geeeeeeeeeeee   The  DJI  P4  is really higher priced and  its much more then a little as a reply stated above    $999.00.....i still THINK the  DJI  P 3 SE is a good choice !

I didn't say a brand new P4 was just over $600, I said that's about what I got mine for.  And that was from Amazon, where you can return things with no questions asked.  In order to get a refund from DJI you have to prove a manufacturer defect.  That's what I mean by more restrictive.

Also, like I said, if you send yours in for "repair", you're just going to get a refurb.  You might as well start with one, especially if you can return it if it has one tiny scratch on it.  Comparing the brand new prices is not what my point was all about.

I sure would not want some screwball SE that nobody has any parts for yet.  Already there is somebody whining that he can't get any batteries for it.
2017-9-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

lol ... all P3 ACs use the same battery.  

I do agree with the refurbished thing though.  I just bought a P3P for $539.  It was a Labor Day Sale at Newegg.

Here are some refurbished products but they don't include the SE:  
http://store.dji.com/refurbished ... EAAYASAAEgKvAPD_BwE
2017-9-18
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-9-18 13:19
lol ... all P3 ACs use the same battery.  

I do agree with the refurbished thing though.  I just bought a P3P for $539.  It was a Labor Day Sale at Newegg.

Yup they do.  And with P3's being so "old", perhaps that's why those genuine batteries are harder to find now.  I don't know; I don't run the supply chain.  I just have to read the threads about people needing stuff and not having it now.
2017-9-18
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

I bought one from BB and love the P3SE
I have had zero issues, so far, but there are a few threads saying otherwise.
BB lists it as exclusive to them but I'm not sure about that.
To date no firmware updates.
BB also has a new return policy on drones, if you open it, there is a 15% restocking fee.

For what it's worth I would recommend the P3SE
2017-9-18
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

Do pre check props b4 flying..make sure it sit tight on the holder. It's a nice AC to fly with even it doesn't comes with lightbridge.. It still gives the good control in flights..
2017-9-18
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
United States

Siambuddhas Gro Posted at 2017-9-18 15:47
Do pre check props b4 flying..make sure it sit tight on the holder. It's a nice AC to fly with even it doesn't comes with lightbridge.. It still gives the good control in flights..

Yes  i think i will love my P3 SE......i have learned a lots of the different between the P3 standard and The P3 SE......and it sounds like a better deal for me...Im not a pro and only do photos for a hobby and the camera and video camera  sounds great for me......OK on the "check props Before flying" and also make sure it fits tight in the holder too..Thank You so much for Your input here  i will GO BB and get my new P3 SE tomorrow.
2017-9-19
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-9-18 12:12
In my opinion, the SE is a good deal.  It is a kind of cross between a P3S and a P3P.  It has similar range to the Pro and the Advanced, and a better camera than the Advanced.  It only has 1 gps, vs the 2 on the Advanced and the Pro, but you probably wont notice the difference with that.  Overall, probably a good deal.  The 4k camera is really the deal maker, along with the range.  The VPS is not so useful.

Yes i agree with you 100%.......its the  P3 SE  for me......between the Standard P3 and   P3P  and a great camera and flyable indoors with the vision position system !
2017-9-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

According to this thread post #2, it'll get up to 4000 meters in FPV/telemetry with a stock setup.  

https://forum.dji.com/thread-105947-1-1.html
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules