GEOfencing and NFZ - question because of observations
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

A lot of moaning about NFZ and Geofencing.

Base of my question :

First : The airport mentioned here is listed as active, part of DJI GF and NFZ ... but I am in contact with and safe to fly. I have not asked DJI to give me a waver on this location.

My P3P was running FW 1.11.20 and Go 3.1.11 .... and it flew right up to the local airport perimeter fence. I had Red NFZ on my tablet display but I could accept the warning and still fly.
With Litchi - the red NFZ did not show and flight was possible right across and inside the airfield.

Today after DJI repaired the P3P - it has installed by them FW 1.10.09, it has latest GO ...

I still have exactly same flight character as I had before ... GO stops me at the perimeter fence but I can still fly in the NFZ red zone ... and LITCHI does not stop me at all and does not display any red zone.

Question :

Is the Geofencing and peoples moans actually caused by 1.11.20 FW or something else ? Is there a later FW that I don't know about ?
or
Is the limitation people are moaning about actually in latest GO ?

................ I'm just trying to reconcile what I see with my P3P and peoples rants on the forums ... I am considering putting 1.11.20 back onto my P3P ... but if that FW has been 'updated' with a limitation - I will hold back on it.

Nigel
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know what's the exact location did you fly? Could you offer the case number? I'd like to check the exact status.
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules