Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PGYTECH Landing Pad - Fluorescent Stickers
7039 16 2017-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Does anyone have any experience in using one of these landing pads and placing the included fluorescent stickers on to the pad?
I'm interested in knowing if these stickers remain stuck to the pad, even after time when folding and unfolding them?
If they do super, if not what did you do about it if anything?
Also, I'm interested in learning any other tidbits about using one of these items.
Thank You
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

There are a number of third party videos you can view to watch on review of this. Here is one by the company itself:
2017-9-18
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-18 08:10
There are a number of third party videos you can view to watch on review of this. Here is one by the company itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLA91osVUUA

Yes thank you I've see all of these
My question was primarily focused on using the fluorescent stickers and their longevity...if you have any data on that I would like to know, please.
2017-9-18
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-18 09:13
Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, there is no additional data on this point.

Understood, thank you for your response!
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-18 09:03
Yes thank you I've see all of these
My question was primarily focused on using the fluorescent stickers and their longevity...if you have any data on that I would like to know, please.

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, there is no additional data on this point.
2017-9-18
Use props
Madeinoz
New
Australia

not really, Ive had one for just over a week, and Ive only used it once yesterday, when I did I noticed one of the stickers had partially become unstuck, so I can't see them lasting.
2017-9-18
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Madeinoz Posted at 2017-9-18 22:30
not really, Ive had one for just over a week, and Ive only used it once yesterday, when I did I noticed one of the stickers had partially become unstuck, so I can't see them lasting.

ah, unfortunately just as I suspected.  So my next thought would be if you could use a strong glue if that would help keep them on there.  Of course it would have to be a glue that does not negatively impact plastics/nylon.

Thank you very much...it is a nice idea but I didn't think it was more than a short term workable action.  Comes down to more hype than reality and really only a one time good deal.

Take care and let us know if you get more info from your use and observations on this topic
2017-9-18
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

I live in Australia and the stickers started peeling after a week,a friends also got his but didnt want to use the stickers so luckily he gave them to me.Im going to try a safe to plastic/nylon glue thats also flexible incase i want to fold pad up and store it in its case.Cheapest place i found for all sorts of drone accessories including PGYTECH is -http://www.lightake.com/c/Parts-for-DJI_025011001
2017-9-26
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Own one of these PGYTECH Helipads and they're superb ! I still have those reflective stickers too but also haven't figured out what the heck to do with them.
2017-9-28
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

DJ Enertia Posted at 2017-9-26 05:02
I live in Australia and the stickers started peeling after a week,a friends also got his but didnt want to use the stickers so luckily he gave them to me.Im going to try a safe to plastic/nylon glue thats also flexible incase i want to fold pad up and store it in its case.Cheapest place i found for all sorts of drone accessories including PGYTECH is -http://www.lightake.com/c/Parts-for-DJI_025011001

At this point it's obvious that those stickers are a good idea but just not practical, not as designed.  I'd prefer they could be made more of a permanent feature, as it stands now they are very temporary.
2017-9-28
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-9-28 16:41
Own one of these PGYTECH Helipads and they're superb ! I still have those reflective stickers too but also haven't figured out what the heck to do with them.

Same here, I'd like to use them but not as they are now.
For now, I'm hanging on to mine waiting to see if I can come up with a way to use them that wont be so temporary.
2017-9-28
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-28 18:38
Same here, I'd like to use them but not as they are now.
For now, I'm hanging on to mine waiting to see if I can come up with a way to use them that wont be so temporary.

Thought about using them on the copter but quickly tossed the idea. They'll probably just peel off with time so not so permanently.
2017-9-29
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-9-29 04:47
Thought about using them on the copter but quickly tossed the idea. They'll probably just peel off with time so not so permanently.

Agreed, and then you'll be left with sticky residue on the bird.
2017-9-29
Use props
fans87715ad8
lvl.1

United States

The stickers do not stay on.  I applied them exactly as shown in the video and they immediately started peeling off. I used it at the beach and sand got in the exposed adhesive. I emailed PGYTECH  for replacement stickers thinking it would be a simple request but they referred me back to the amazon reseller who did not pack the back or have extra stickers.  PGYTECH failed the customer service test, but It’s a good landing pad, for the price, just plan on buying reflective stickers or tape.
2019-8-5
Use props
metaphor1k
lvl.1
United States

Just received my Landing Pad Pro with the reflective stickers, which I am not going to apply as they appear completely unnecessary, as well as being cut to a different radius than the graphics on the pad itself. They don't match the curve of the circle around the "H" at all, making them unattractive as well as useless.
2020-6-18
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

metaphor1k Posted at 6-18 12:04
Just received my Landing Pad Pro with the reflective stickers, which I am not going to apply as they appear completely unnecessary, as well as being cut to a different radius than the graphics on the pad itself. They don't match the curve of the circle around the "H" at all, making them unattractive as well as useless.

Concur
Also, they will not stay attached for very long, making them further unnecessary
2020-6-18
Use props
djiuser_mWlDEOrfSIaa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 222395 ft
United States

I think this is a long ago forgotten topic, but on mine I used them on the outer corners so they don’t get bent when folding and they seem to be working just fine.
image.jpg
image.jpg
2020-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules