Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass plastic cover
1207 14 2017-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zsolti
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1882113 ft
Romania

Hi guys! This is embarrassing, but I had a little accident with this small plastic cover that covers the compass on the Standard, I was clumsy enough to let the drone in a vulnerable place and my dog chew on that piece of plastic. Fortunately the compass inside or the wires weren't affected at all, the drone flies as it should, but I would like to replace the little plastic cover without buying a complete set of new landing gears. Does anyone know where I could find that little part, or does anyone have a spare one laying around somewhere? Any help would be appreciated

s-l1600.jpg

2017-9-17
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

LOL  Bad DOG!  At least he didn't chew the guts out of the drone.  That tiny part might be hard to buy , itself only.  Tape it.
2017-9-17
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

could always post in the 3D printer threads on those forums for one to be printed. I don't have My P3S at the moment and wont for a few months as I lent it out or I would measure it up draw it up in CAD and print one out for you
2017-9-17
Use props
Zsolti
lvl.4
Romania

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-9-17 17:48
could always post in the 3D printer threads on those forums for one to be printed. I don't have My P3S at the moment and wont for a few months as I lent it out or I would measure it up draw it up in CAD and print one out for you

Thanks for the suggestion, I thought about 3D printing, but didn't know how and where to start
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please try to contact the Support to see whether they can help: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-9-18
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

Zsolti Posted at 2017-9-17 22:39
Thanks for the suggestion, I thought about 3D printing, but didn't know how and where to start

No problems Brother there are a ton of forums for 3D printing I wouldn't be surprised if someone hasn't already made one
2017-9-18
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

The landing gear are not expensive. You may have to purchase them to get what you need, or like was suggested to have it 3D printed. But to print it might be more than what you could by the landing gear????? I think you could tape or silicone it in place too.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Dogs will chew anything and I have a couple of record covers to show for that. Unfortunately, what seems like a simple part is actually a little more complex. You will need to contact Customer Support for sure.
2017-9-18
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-18 09:05
Dogs will chew anything and I have a couple of record covers to show for that. Unfortunately, what seems like a simple part is actually a little more complex. You will need to contact Customer Support for sure.

just use tape over it.  
2017-9-18
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

If the dog is so interested in the Phantom, I'd demonstrate my hovering skills to him at about 1-foot-from-snout range.  I don't think he'll bother the drone after that.  Phantoms sure are loud indoors!  Come to think of it, they're loud outdoors too.
2017-9-18
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

to bad your not in the US Id have you send me the part Id draw it up print it and send it back in one days time
2017-9-18
Use props
Zsolti
lvl.4
Romania

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-9-18 16:16
to bad your not in the US Id have you send me the part Id draw it up print it and send it back in one days time

Thanks dude I appreciate it. I've found some cheap landing gears on ebay, it's black, but I'll only use that little plastic part I need, I hope it will fit hehe
2017-9-23
Use props
Zsolti
lvl.4
Romania

WD9EON Posted at 2017-9-18 10:18
just use tape over it.

Did just that until the new plastic cover arrives. I'm being extra careful too, not to damage the compass while landing, I handcatch it when I can
2017-9-23
Use props
CommunalWheat9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419314 ft
Belgium

you can try to find someone who's selling a broken aircraft i bought one for 5euros and now i have a stock of parts like that
2017-9-24
Use props
Zsolti
lvl.4
Romania

CommunalWheat9 Posted at 2017-9-24 01:23
you can try to find someone who's selling a broken aircraft i bought one for 5euros and now i have a stock of parts like that

Yeah, that's why I posted here, thinking maybe someone has a crashed drone and is offering parts that are still intact
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules