AC update V02.00.106 fails after download
1836 26 2017-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
68cst
lvl.1

United States

Looking for some help with P4. Last weekend i took the P4 out to fly. when connected up i got the message that an update is required. I did the update then flew for about 10 minutes. I kept gettng the strong interference message fly with caution message. The video was un stable and was getting green/black images on the galaxy Tab A that i have been using for over a year with great success. I landed the P4 to find out what was going on. Since then I have been unable to connect the RC to the AC. I am using the most recent DJI GO 4. I tried using my Iphone 7 with the latest DGI go app for P4 and up. I still get the same problem connecting. Since then i went to check the firmware on the RC and the AC. This is what I have so far.
AC Current V01.02.602 that requires update according to DJI Assistant 2 to V02.00.106
RC is version 1.9.3

I hooked the P4 to my macbook and the new update downloads. Shortly after downloading i get a message "Update failed upload error log"
I have tried to do the update with two different macbooks with the latest DJI Assistant 2 from the DJI.com page but get the same results.
I have formated the SD card with the MACBOOK and with a neighbors PC but get the same results.

I have tried manually linking the RC to the AC but no joy. Believe due to the AC requiring the update.

Do i need a fresh (new SD) card to do the update? Could the update fail due to using the MACBOOK?

At a loss with this problem.
DJI please help.

Thank You

2017-9-17
Use props
68cst
lvl.1

United States

Also tried the DJI assistant 2 for the P4 Advanced with no luck same results. RC will not link with AC and manual linking still not working. i belive if i can get the AC updated it could fly again. Tried a friends PC to update and got the same results, downloads 100% but fails the update installation.
2017-9-17
Use props
68cst
lvl.1

United States

Steady flashing yellow lights on drone

Having troubles linking the remote to the drone, getting steady yellow blinking lights and cannot control drone. Showing stronk signal interference but never had this before when flying in this location.
2017-9-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Could the control signal be deflecting from below and then into the AC?  
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

How about linking RC? Is it successful?

2017-9-17
Use props
68cst
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-17 19:01
How about linking RC? Is it successful?

https://youtu.be/jPdlE_zKWYk

Tried the manual linking from the remote control and no success, tried the linking from the C1 and C2 button way but no success. This started just after an update. I periodically get a message strong wifi interference fly with caution. This is my configuration.
Remote control is 1.9.3
Drone is v01.02.602
Using a galaxy tab a and a iphone7 both get same results.
Using DJI go 4 for spark, p4 series
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

How about updating the firmware via DJI GO 4? You can connect the aircraft and mobile via OTG. Please try to format the SD card and check again.
2017-9-18
Use props
68cst
lvl.1

United States

68cst Posted at 2017-9-18 02:29
Tried the manual linking from the remote control and no success, tried the linking from the C1 and C2 button way but no success. This started just after an update. I periodically get a message strong wifi interference fly with caution. This is my configuration.
Remote control is 1.9.3
Drone is v01.02.602

Also noticed that the link button on the AC in the video is red. My AC link light does not illuminate at all.
2017-9-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

68cst Posted at 2017-9-18 03:29
Also noticed that the link button on the AC in the video is red. My AC link light does not illuminate at all.

It might be that the RC V1.9.3 may only be compatible with the latest firmware for the aircraft (V02.00.0106). I do not know for sure, but certainly when aircraft was updated to 02.00.0106 the RC had to be updated to V1.9.2 (or above :-) ). So there is a possibility that the latest RC version may not work on the earlier builds. You could try rolling back your RC to V1.8 (I'm using latest DJI Go 4 V4.1.10).

Connect display device (with good internet connection) to RC and power both up (aircraft off).

Run DJI Go 4, on initial screen (where it displays aircraft type etc) at top right hand corner you will see an icon (three lines). Hold your finger on that for about 5-10 seconds and release. You should now see a black screen appear with an option to roll back RC firmware (you may have to sellect V1.8 in the roll down menu). Make sure RC is well charged, takes about 5 minutes or so. Power down when complete. Restart all and check all working, you may need to relink RC to aircraft.
2017-9-18
Use props
68cst
lvl.1

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-18 03:44
It might be that the RC V1.9.3 may only be compatible with the latest firmware for the aircraft (V02.00.0106). I do not know for sure, but certainly when aircraft was updated to 02.00.0106 the RC had to be updated to V1.9.2 (or above :-) ). So there is a possibility that the latest RC version may not work on the earlier builds. You could try rolling back your RC to V1.8 (I'm using latest DJI Go 4 V4.1.10).

Connect display device (with good internet connection) to RC and power both up (aircraft off).

I was thinking that may be it so i went to roll back the RC to 1.8 but that would immediately fail. Tried the 1.6 and it rolled back to 1.6 fine but still no connection to AC. Will try the 1.8 again this evening but not sure why the tiny red light on the drone does not illuminate any color, getting the flashing yellow from the two rear (i think) blinking lights. I hooked the AC to the computer and downloaded the latest DJI assistant 2 and tried the upgrade, the upgrade will download to 100% then  about 3 min later will get a message update failed. used the restore factory default and it would go to 100% and i would select complete and reboot. when going back to DJI assistant 2 it would show the current version v01.02.602 attempted to run the update, it would download 100 % but 3 min later "update failed" not sure if its the AC or the RC at this point.
2017-9-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

68cst Posted at 2017-9-18 04:05
I was thinking that may be it so i went to roll back the RC to 1.8 but that would immediately fail. Tried the 1.6 and it rolled back to 1.6 fine but still no connection to AC. Will try the 1.8 again this evening but not sure why the tiny red light on the drone does not illuminate any color, getting the flashing yellow from the two rear (i think) blinking lights. I hooked the AC to the computer and downloaded the latest DJI assistant 2 and tried the upgrade, the upgrade will download to 100% then  about 3 min later will get a message update failed. used the restore factory default and it would go to 100% and i would select complete and reboot. when going back to DJI assistant 2 it would show the current version v01.02.602 attempted to run the update, it would download 100 % but 3 min later "update failed" not sure if its the AC or the RC at this point.

When I power up my aircraft only (indoors, no GPS/GLONASS signal), after the aircraft has initialised the LED beside the SD card slot glows Orange. That is with latest build and formatted SD card in slot (it also glows orange when no SD card installed).

You could perhaps try updating again with SD card removed, in case it is faulty or badly formatted and causing problems.

When aircraft only powered up indoors I would expect to see two front arm LEDs red (these are always red, 'navigation' lights), the two rear arm lights I would expect to see fast flashing yellow (remote controller signal lost (it's not turned on yet).
When RC is switched on and the left hand LED on RC turns green (which means it's talking to aircraft) the rear arm LEDs change to green, flashing twice about every 2 seconds. This indicates that it is ready to fly using VPS positioning (remember indoors so no GPS/GLONASS). The LED beside SD card slot also turns green, indicating the aircraft is talking to the RC.

I would focus first on being confident that the aircraft firmware has updated. So would try again using V1.1.6 of DJI Assistant 2 (the latest), and again with SD removed if first attempt fails.
2017-9-18
Use props
68cst
lvl.1

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-18 04:38
When I power up my aircraft only (indoors, no GPS/GLONASS signal), after the aircraft has initialised the LED beside the SD card slot glows Orange. That is with latest build and formatted SD card in slot (it also glows orange when no SD card installed).

You could perhaps try updating again with SD card removed, in case it is faulty or badly formatted and causing problems.

Will give that a shot this afternoon and let you know the results. Appreciate the assist.
2017-9-18
Use props
68cst
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-18 02:50
How about updating the firmware via DJI GO 4? You can connect the aircraft and mobile via OTG. Please try to format the SD card and check again.

I am unable to link to the drone from the RC. I started another thread because i thought i might have two problems. One problem is that i am unable to update the AC from the DJI assist 2 access. It downloads to 100 % then about 3 min later it says update failed. I tried to do the restore to factory default and it appears that it does it but when i reboot the AC it still shows the orig SW version that I am trying to upgrade from.
So... all this started since i could not link the RC to the AC... Assumed it was due to the Firmware not being updated on the AC. The RC is updated to 1.9.3. Getting the blinking yellow lights on the tail lights and noticed that the small light (reset button) on the AC never illuminates at all. Not sure if there is one problem or two. I believe i have to get the link between the AC and the RC going then maybe the update for the AC will work. Tried the manual linking from the RC to the AC with no luck and tried the C1 and C2 button way but no go either. Going to try to move the RC back to 1.8 this afternoon and see if it fixes the linking issue. Will let you know if it does or not. Sorry for the two threads but thought to keep the issue separate if they are indeed separate.
2017-9-18
Use props
68cst
lvl.1

United States

68cst Posted at 2017-9-18 06:43
Will give that a shot this afternoon and let you know the results. Appreciate the assist.

Got home and worked on getting the RC connected to the AC. This is what I have performed so far.
-Tried to roll back the RC to 1.8. immediate fail. Like the 1.8 is not available.
- bought a new micro sd card and micro usb cable, hooked the laptop with DJI assistant 2 version 1.1.6 and hooked the laptop directly to the router, no wifie. Still getting same results, downloads 100 % then update fails shortly after 100 %.
- Removed the SD card and attempted the update. Got 100 % download and shortly there after update fail.
On a note: I have two front arm red lights, the rear arm lights flash yellow. The small light just above the micro usb connector on the AC does not light up at all, not during power on, not while running, to be clear this is where the directions say to insert a small pen tip to bind the RC to the AC. The RC when powered on has a red light and up to 4 white lights.
When I downgraded the RC to 1.6 I would get a green light on the remote up until I reboot the RC then it goes back to red.
When I roll back to 1.6 on the RC I still get no connection to the AC.
It is like the AC is locked up hard. Is there a way to manually reset the AC.
2017-9-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

68cst Posted at 2017-9-18 13:40
Got home and worked on getting the RC connected to the AC. This is what I have performed so far.
-Tried to roll back the RC to 1.8. immediate fail. Like the 1.8 is not available.
- bought a new micro sd card and micro usb cable, hooked the laptop with DJI assistant 2 version 1.1.6 and hooked the laptop directly to the router, no wifie. Still getting same results, downloads 100 % then update fails shortly after 100 %.

There is only the option to refresh and factory reset through Assistant 2. I'm concerned that the gimbal LED is off the whole time. Looks like there may be a hardware fault.
2017-9-18
Use props
68cst
lvl.1

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-18 13:54
There is only the option to refresh and factory reset through Assistant 2. I'm concerned that the gimbal LED is off the whole time. Looks like there may be a hardware fault.

I have tried to do the factory restore, says it completed 100 % but after reboot and go back into the assistant 2 it says its on the current version. still no gimbal light.

is there any option to restore the AC
2017-9-18
Use props
68cst
lvl.1

United States

68cst Posted at 2017-9-18 14:23
I have tried to do the factory restore, says it completed 100 % but after reboot and go back into the assistant 2 it says its on the current version. still no gimbal light.

is there any option to restore the AC

Is it possible to somehow get the .bin file to put on a SD card and put into AC then power on?
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

68cst Posted at 2017-9-18 14:56
Is it possible to somehow get the .bin file to put on a SD card and put into AC then power on?

The Phantom 4 only available to update via DJI GO and DJI Assistant 2. Please start a case and send it in for fully diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-9-19
Use props
68cst
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-19 20:36
The Phantom 4 only available to update via DJI GO and DJI Assistant 2. Please start a case and send it in for fully diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support.

Ok, can you tell me what the warranty period is? I placed the order on Amazon 15 Sep 2016, Received around a week or so later. This problem started on 9 Sept 17.
2017-9-20
Use props
djiuser_ULV1Vdr
lvl.1
United States

I had the same issue with link light yellow flashing LED's.. The Firmware update would reach 24%, then fail.. I found (after hours of trying) there is no solution other than sending it in for repair. The failed Firmware will brick the AC with no option to successfully rollback the firmware version.
Third party flash programs will also fail and brick the P4P and P4P+ ...
2017-9-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

68cst Posted at 2017-9-20 16:30
Ok, can you tell me what the warranty period is? I placed the order on Amazon 15 Sep 2016, Received around a week or so later. This problem started on 9 Sept 17.

Aloha 68cst,

Be sure you are using DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6   

This is what the Release Notes say;

PHANTOM 4 Release Notes

Overview

• Remote Controller Firmware: v1.9.3.0
• DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.1.10
• DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.1.10

What’s New
• Added support for Head Tracking function when connected with the DJI Goggles.

Notes
• Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest
firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller
if they are disconnected.
• If you are updating via DJI GO 4, make sure you update the aircraft but only after restarting the
updated remote controller. Otherwise, there will be an error in the progress bar of the aircraft update.
• Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude
and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI
GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

68cst Posted at 2017-9-20 16:30

Here is a pic about the warranty period for your reference, for the details, please visit: http://www.dji.com/service/policy   Please contact the Support ASAP. 1.png
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_ULV1Vdr Posted at 2017-9-20 16:47
I had the same issue with link light yellow flashing LED's.. The Firmware update would reach 24%, then fail.. I found (after hours of trying) there is no solution other than sending it in for repair. The failed Firmware will brick the AC with no option to successfully rollback the firmware version.

And, it is not recommended to use third party flash programs to refresh the firmware since it will void the warranty.
2017-9-21
Use props
68cst
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_ULV1Vdr Posted at 2017-9-20 16:47

Seems that is my only resolution. Thanks
2017-9-21
Use props
68cst
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-21 00:36
And, it is not recommended to use third party flash programs to refresh the firmware since it will void the warranty.

I will get the information together after work and put the trouble ticket in with DJI. Appreciate your help. Missing my toy.
2017-9-21
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

May I. When you install the Assistant 2, at the end of installation the installer will initiate software installation for Android Connectivity. Please install it. Then try to install the firmware for P4. It should work.
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

68cst Posted at 2017-9-21 03:44
I will get the information together after work and put the trouble ticket in with DJI. Appreciate your help. Missing my toy.

Okay, hope everything goes smoothly and you can get it back shortly.
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules