Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bluetooth interference (Apple Watch)
3479 7 2017-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 245013 ft
Denmark

Hi everyone,

While enjoying me new DJI Spark, it often complains about "interference" from bluetooth devices - I wear an Apple Watch / AirPods and thus my bluetooth on the iPhone is always on.

What is your experience with this ? Is it a "serious" issue, and should I turn off the watch and turn off bluetooth on the Phone while flying ?

Any experience / feedback is appreciated.

Cheers,
Tony
2017-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I always just turn on airplane mode Bluetooth gets switched off, have had no problems, I do get Bluetooth warning if I don't switch to airplane mode.
2017-9-18
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 245013 ft
Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-18 04:12
I always just turn on airplane mode Bluetooth gets switched off, have had no problems, I do get Bluetooth warning if I don't switch to airplane mode.

Ahhh ofcourse, why did I not think of that - simple solution, thanks :-)
2017-9-18
Use props
Nabulaer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28238 ft
Israel

hi,
I had the same issue as you, and I put my watch into Airplane mode and close bluetooth on my iPhone and  there no more reports of bluetooth interference.  I notice that indoor is more sensitive then on open place like a park,
2017-9-18
Use props
scorpionro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 211355 ft
United States

After disabling BT on my watch (Garmin sports watch, not Apple) and having my iPhone in Airplane mode I was able to hit 450m range in CE mode without losing control or video, which is quite good in my opinion. I'm now quite confident in flying it up to 300m, while before disabling everything I used to have issues at 250m+.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I recommend switching off the Bluetooth, it might influence the transmission quality and WiFi signal.
2017-9-22
Use props
Kansas Boy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

I have noticed a increase in latency on the video feed when bluetooth is on.  Seems that even when I have no pared devices it degrades the signal and when I turn it off it improves.  I am not sure if technically there is a correlation with bluetooth but based on my observations there is.   I have made it a part of my pre flight process to switch off bluetooth prior to flight.
2017-9-22
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I have never turned off my BT.  But given the feedback here, I might start doing that.  
2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules