My DJI Refresh Care Experience
1483 16 2017-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

On Monday, 28 August I crashed my Spark into a tree.
That same day I created a support request with DJI Support and dropped it off at UPS using the label they generated for me.

On Friday, 1 September the package was delivered to DJI in California and that same day I received a Dammage Assessment and Repair Quotation from DJI.
The Repair Quotation was a bit odd as it made it look like they were going to "repair" instead of "replace" the Spark.

ItemQuantityUnit Price(USD)Total Price(USD)
Motor112.0012.00
Middle Frame Semi-finished Product Module (Excluding ESC and Motor)113.0013.00
Gimbal and Camera Module1112.00112.00
Repair Service Fee265.00/H130.00
Freight:0.00
Total Amount:49.00
Total Payment:49.00

Note the USD $49.00 total payment at the bottom.

That weekend I paid the $49.00 (odd that they have PayPal handle the payment).

On Wednesday, 6 September the replacement Spark was shipped (note that Monday, 4 September was a holiday in the US).

It arrived on Tuesday, 12 September.

When I sent the Spark back I included the drone with the battery involved in the crash and all four propellers, two of which were broken (the gimbal was broken too) inside the styrofoam box that it comes with.

They shipped back a new Spark with the same battery that I had sent them and four new propellers.

Overall the entire process took 15 calendar days. I am very satisfied with the service and am glad that I purchased the Refresh Care.
The only kwirk was the odd language used in some of the communication that made it seem like they might repair instead of replace it.

2017-9-18
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Excellent, nice that you had a great experience with the DJI Refresh Care.  15 days is very good considering the shipping to, diagnostic, payment processing and return shipment.  This is great news that their repair / warranty process is working well.
2017-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job, I waited 10 weeks to get my Mavic replaced under warranty, so you did good and it's good to hear from those who had a good experience.
2017-9-18
Use props
la_panza
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1123133 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-18 05:39
Excellent, nice that you had a great experience with the DJI Refresh Care.  15 days is very good considering the shipping to, diagnostic, payment processing and return shipment.  This is great news that their repair / warranty process is working well.

Mine is terrifying instead, I bought the Care Refresh along with my Flymore Combo on mid may, i received the drone in mid june, now I need service but the Care Refresh seems not to exist, my drone's serial number results as NOT bound to any Care Refresh....

I'm very confused and frustrated....  is it possible I'm the only one who  was so unlucky?, it seems they  simply "forgot" my care refresh along the way....
2017-9-18
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's not uncommon to get the reports of the dissatisfied customers (who make a lot of noise, rightfully so in most cases).  It's rare to get reports that are positive.  And not because the company isn't doing good work, more because a satisfactory conclusion is usually not motivation to take the time and make a positive report.  Thank you for taking the time and sharing with us a positive experience.
2017-9-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for this story!
2017-9-18
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18898 ft
Netherlands

Welcome to DJI !
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thank you so much for the positive feedback about our customer service, we are pleased to hear everything turns out to be great, will keep moving to shorten the repair time frame and provide more professional customer service.
Enjoy it and hope you have a good time on flying.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

la_panza Posted at 2017-9-18 07:55
Mine is terrifying instead, I bought the Care Refresh along with my Flymore Combo on mid may, i received the drone in mid june, now I need service but the Care Refresh seems not to exist, my drone's serial number results as NOT bound to any Care Refresh....

I'm very confused and frustrated....  is it possible I'm the only one who  was so unlucky?, it seems they  simply "forgot" my care refresh along the way....

We are sorry to hear that, have you contacted djicare@dji.com?
If not, please send email to them with the serial number of the aircraft and agreement number of DJI Care Refresh, they will help to look into and help you out.
You can also check the status of DJI Care Refresh here.
2017-9-18
Use props
la_panza
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-18 18:50
We are sorry to hear that, have you contacted djicare@dji.com?
If not, please send email to them with the serial number of the aircraft and agreement number of DJI Care Refresh, they will help to look into and help you out.
You can also check the status of DJI Care Refresh here.

Again, i'm TIRED  to repeat  that i wrote more than once to the dji care department, every time they asked me for the same things, serial number of the aircraft, ticket number, order number, copy of the mail announcing the shipment,  a picture of the belly of the drone wit the S/N, please STOP!  You DJI have all my info, solving this problem is YOUR job, not mine...  I'm gonna contact my lawyer if this thing does not come to a good end within this week, for me aircraft are not toys, they are WORK INSTRUMENTS, time goes by and I'm losing money, clients and reputation....  
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

la_panza Posted at 2017-9-20 09:43
Again, i'm TIRED  to repeat  that i wrote more than once to the dji care department, every time they asked me for the same things, serial number of the aircraft, ticket number, order number, copy of the mail announcing the shipment,  a picture of the belly of the drone wit the S/N, please STOP!  You DJI have all my info, solving this problem is YOUR job, not mine...  I'm gonna contact my lawyer if this thing does not come to a good end within this week, for me aircraft are not toys, they are WORK INSTRUMENTS, time goes by and I'm losing money, clients and reputation....

We apologize for the unpleasant experience with our DJI Care Team, please offer the ticket number of the email, we will help to look into and try our best to get it sorted out, thank you.
2017-9-20
Use props
la_panza
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-20 19:50
We apologize for the unpleasant experience with our DJI Care Team, please offer the ticket number of the email, we will help to look into and try our best to get it sorted out, thank you.

Thanks a lot, DJI Thor has looked after my case and this morning I received the service agreement document...  so I will ship my aircraft in one or two days, I hope it won't take too long to have it back...  Cheers
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

la_panza Posted at 2017-9-20 23:42
Thanks a lot, DJI Thor has looked after my case and this morning I received the service agreement document...  so I will ship my aircraft in one or two days, I hope it won't take too long to have it back...  Cheers

Glad to know Thor has helped you out, please send in at your most convenience, please keep us updated if you need any assistance during repair process.
2017-9-21
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

This is a refreshing post! Just sent in my spark drone for repairs and paid the care refresh fee ($49) and it appears that things are moving along just fine so I hope I get my drone within 15 or less. Thank you for sharing your experience!
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Range30 Posted at 2017-12-12 00:05
This is a refreshing post! Just sent in my spark drone for repairs and paid the care refresh fee ($49) and it appears that things are moving along just fine so I hope I get my drone within 15 or less. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Hi Range, glad to know everything goes smoothly, hope you will get it back soon.
If you need any assistance during the process, please let me know.
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Range30 Posted at 2017-12-12 00:05

Hi, hope you can receive the drone back soon. And you can also leave me your case number if there is anything you want me to do. Hope you have a nice day.
2017-12-12
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Thank you DJI Mindy & DJI Thor for wanting to assist but I think your DJI Team in Southern California (USA) is already doing a superb job! My DJI Spark replacement should be ready to ship tomorrow (Wed, Dec. 13) or by Thursday (Dec. 14) so I should get it early next week. Have a great day as well!
2017-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules