Stolen Mavic Pro
767 5 2017-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cjb_mavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215837 ft
United States

Hi all. My Mavic Pro was recently stolen out of my vehicle, unfortuantely the vehicle was broken into but luckily.. the Mavic Pro was the only item taken. I want to know if there's any possible way to locate the device. I have the serial number and have reported it stolen with the police but I'm assuming there's a way to locate the Mavic as soon as it comes back online? If someone starts a new account and tries to register the Mavic will they be successful? Will the flight logs come through via my DJIGO app? Something tells me that the apps logs are bound to the app/user and not the physical device. Any help would be much appreciated.. Thanks.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Sorry to read on this. Unfortunately, we do not have a way to track the aircraft. If you can log into the app, it may advise where the aircraft is that is if you have the remote. You can also try writing to support@dji.com to see if they can assist further.
2017-9-18
Use props
cjb_mavic
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-18 06:37
Sorry to read on this. Unfortunately, we do not have a way to track the aircraft. If you can log into the app, it may advise where the aircraft is that is if you have the remote. You can also try writing to  to see if they can assist further.

Thanks for your reply DJI-Mark. Unfortunately, the controller was inside of the DJI handbag. Looks like I'm SOL.. Any other tips would be appreciated.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

cjb_mavic Posted at 2017-9-18 07:21
Thanks for your reply DJI-Mark. Unfortunately, the controller was inside of the DJI handbag. Looks like I'm SOL.. Any other tips would be appreciated.

Don't give up hope as you never know how this type of stuff plays out. Work with your local authorities as well.
2017-9-18
Use props
cjb_mavic
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-18 07:33
Don't give up hope as you never know how this type of stuff plays out. Work with your local authorities as well.

Thanks for the support. I've contacted my local and neighboring PD's. I advise anyone reading this thread to purchase external insurance on the device. I considered the DJI Care program to be more than enough of insurance/warranty but didn't take into consideration the potential threat of theft. Even without being careless, things happen.. and these devices are expensive! Lesson learned.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

cjb_mavic Posted at 2017-9-18 10:37
Thanks for the support. I've contacted my local and neighboring PD's. I advise anyone reading this thread to purchase external insurance on the device. I considered the DJI Care program to be more than enough of insurance/warranty but didn't take into consideration the potential threat of theft. Even without being careless, things happen.. and these devices are expensive! Lesson learned.

Yeah simple enough, always keep out of sight when leaving in a park car.
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules