Forgot the record button!
2083 18 2017-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

Did a 2 km loop over the forest with the mavic, circling a small pond and back and didn't record any of it. I guess it was a practice flight! But at least I snapped one photo

2017-9-18
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

It would be nice if DJI added an auto-record feature. (Litchi has this)
2017-9-18
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-9-18 05:47

it might as well really! i TRY to record from take off thinking if i crash or something it would help with troubleshooting. That and the extra footage helps piece together shots i wanted to capture
2017-9-18
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Yep... we've all been there.
2017-9-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think we've all experienced these things before.
Hate it when it happens.
2017-9-18
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
United States

wglovett Posted at 2017-9-18 05:53
it might as well really! i TRY to record from take off thinking if i crash or something it would help with troubleshooting. That and the extra footage helps piece together shots i wanted to capture

I agree. I almost always record, even if I don't expect to use the video.  
2017-9-18
Use props
stymo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 499160 ft
United States

Could have been worse. I have flown through a whole battery while recording only to see that I didn't have a card in. We all do stupid things.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

stymo Posted at 2017-9-18 13:00
Could have been worse. I have flown through a whole battery while recording only to see that I didn't have a card in. We all do stupid things.

Wow, I hope it was more of a practice run for you. Of course, if you are in a more populated area, it is always easy to pick up an SD card.
2017-9-18
Use props
SteveHphotos
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yep been there too, now I record everything and edit out the crap
2017-9-18
Use props
Scott Ferguson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1425223 ft
United States

I once was successful on launching from front yard while deer was in my back yard without spooking them and as I was excited as I watched my monitor that the deer was acting curious and not running off for about 5-6 minutes only to find later that I didn't hit the record button. I felt really stupid but since then I do as others here have mentioned and record all the time now and sort it out later.
2017-9-18
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-9-18 05:47

YES, bizzare they don't so handy, if Parrot can do it on their bebop?.... well....
2017-9-18
Use props
Mavic_South_Oz
lvl.2
Australia

Ha, I can relate !!
2017-9-18
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
United States

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-9-18 15:31
YES, bizzare they don't so handy, if Parrot can do it on their bebop?.... well....

They clearly *can* do it. I'm sure it's easy enough.  Come-on, DJI!
2017-9-18
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Amen.  Asked for it long ago.
2017-9-18
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Ilost some cool shots because I forgot the freaking record button..... PLEASE DJI!!!!! ATOE RECORD ON TAKE OFF OPTION!!!!
2017-9-18
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

It happened to me only once - missed a beautiful spot - dried lake. But auto record is also not a perfect option as DJI has (in Mavic at least) focusing problem - what I found out is that camera refocus when not filming and if filming it refuse to refocus - so starting filming from takeoff ruined several nice flights with near focus on grass during start and misfocus half of flight
2017-9-18
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

alex_markov Posted at 2017-9-18 22:26
It happened to me only once - missed a beautiful spot - dried lake. But auto record is also not a perfect option as DJI has (in Mavic at least) focusing problem - what I found out is that camera refocus when not filming and if filming it refuse to refocus - so starting filming from takeoff ruined several nice flights with near focus on grass during start and misfocus half of flight

I have wondered about this! i recently filmed a 500 meter area before increasing alt and getting better view of an area beyond my line of sight (wind warnings and low batt, i was too chicken to go closer). turned out I framed that area quite nicely but it was not in focus.  If i am aware that i am greatly changing depth of view i will press the screen again for focus. A bit of blur on my phone display isn't so noticeable in the moment, on a sunny day
2017-9-20
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It always happen to me !!!!  
{:4_154:}
2017-9-20
Use props
Lio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660955 ft
Switzerland

Yes please, add an auto-recording feature.
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules