Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Return to Home Tutorial
4021 16 2017-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kloo Gee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,

I recently posted a tutorial on how the Spark's Return to Home feature works.   I think many of you may be a bit surprised at how exactly it works.  I thought I knew exactly how it worked prior to diving in to create the video and I learned a couple of new things in the process of creating the video.

I hope you find it useful!

If you are interested, check it out:

p.s. My apologies for the very end where my main camera had died for the last demonstration.  However, it is just rehashing what was described in more detail earlier in the video!
2017-9-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for this work!
2017-9-18
Use props
Kloo Gee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Oh, and of course this was recorded prior to today, so it doesn't include details of the new Dynamic Home Point that is being released with the new DJI Go 4 update and (I assume soon to be released) new firmware posted sometime after today.
2017-9-18
Use props
isaacDuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57313 ft
Vietnam

i like it, thank
2017-9-18
Use props
jksphoto
Captain
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

Thank's for sharing this, I will watch when I get home
2017-9-18
Use props
Kloo Gee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

jksphoto Posted at 2017-9-18 06:33
Thank's for sharing this, I will watch when I get home

2017-9-19
Use props
LOKY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

Nice! thanks for sharing !
2017-9-19
Use props
brian_b
lvl.3
United States

This is great, thank you.
2017-9-19
Use props
Virgil Quick
First Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

What is Dynamic Home Point Updating?
2017-9-19
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 245013 ft
Denmark

Thanks alot, was VERY helpfull for a beginner drone owner :-)
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

This video is helpful, thanks for sharing!
2017-9-20
Use props
brasda91
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57159 ft
United States

Good info, I learned a thing or two. Couple things to consider. On the RTH settings, 500 meters is too high for US laws. 121 meters gets you as close to the altitude limit in the US as you can.
I thought the point of setting the RTH to the controller was so that the craft would return to the controller's location. I usually launch from my driveway or back deck and walk around my yard while I'm flying. I didn't realize the controllers location was not automatically updated.
2017-9-20
Use props
jksphoto
Captain
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

Very informative vid, I've subscribed to your channel. Keep up the great guides.
2017-9-20
Use props
bluesky2017
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1004560 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing! Very informative and helpful!
2017-9-20
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

brasda91 Posted at 2017-9-20 05:53
Good info, I learned a thing or two. Couple things to consider. On the RTH settings, 500 meters is too high for US laws. 121 meters gets you as close to the altitude limit in the US as you can.
I thought the point of setting the RTH to the controller was so that the craft would return to the controller's location. I usually launch from my driveway or back deck and walk around my yard while I'm flying. I didn't realize the controllers location was not automatically updated.

It is not updated.  I performed a test in a local park where I set RTH to RC location, and then moved.  The drone returned to the location where I physically set home point, and not to my relocated position.

I think Dynamic Home Point is suppose to provide this functionality, but it's not out yet.
2017-9-20
Use props
Kloo Gee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-20 15:19
It is not updated.  I performed a test in a local park where I set RTH to RC location, and then moved.  The drone returned to the location where I physically set home point, and not to my relocated position.

I think Dynamic Home Point is suppose to provide this functionality, but it's not out yet.

I don't think DJI has documented Dynamic Home Point officially yet for the Spark.   However, my understanding is that it was designed only for Gesture Mode and Active Track mode and it isn't dynamic for where the controller is, but is actually based upon where the AC is at the given time.  If the AC moves further than 15 meters away from its previous point, it marks its current location as the new dynamic home point.

They have documented it for ActiveTrack mode for the Mavic Pro.  Pg 19:  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.8.pdf

2017-9-21
Use props
Oli-Shields
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62766 ft

United Kingdom

Great video, thanks
2018-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules