1302 17 2017-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wait hold on, I'm not going to complain....I'm going to resolve it myself.

Yesterday while making adjustments to the video settings, I mistakenly forgot to set the automatic button selection after I'd made a slight adjustment. Upon reviewing the iPhone screen, it was completely solid white. I'd thought what the hell happened? Rebooted both MP, RC and iPhone and still nothing - completely white screen. Honestly I began to freak a bit because I'd just completely an update. I'd said "I knew it, I knew, it was that upgrade!" Well it wasn't.

I thought okay, I'm going to start a thread in the forum about how MP doesn't work, the update caused the problem, Mavic is no good...blah, blah ..blah....

Well I took a took a few seconds to gather myself and focus on torubleshoot and guess what, it worked !!!  Went back into the setting, saw my error, fix it and took the Mavic back into the sky.

Okay well at least my memory is still working (?).......

Have you guys experience anything like this? forgot something and almost blamed DJI?

2017-9-18
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear Sportbike-Pilot,

Nice and fun story.
i am glad you managed to solve your issue.
Unfortunately, not all problems can be solved by "memory"!
But, blaming the company will not solve them as well.
So, let's try to share owr experience and maybe we can...at least...be happy!
Cheers.
2017-9-18
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Yeah not good to throw blame on DJI especially if unwarranted. Little patience and troubleshooting goes a long way.
2017-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Spend most of my day looking for my glasses there usually on my head, it gets a bit worrying when you get to the bathroom and you don't know if your going in or coming out. Lol.
2017-9-18
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-18 09:25
Spend most of my day looking for my glasses there usually on my head, it gets a bit worrying when you get to the bathroom and you don't know if your going in or coming out. Lol.

2017-9-18
Use props
Adam9997
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2608901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you please share you fix/setting?, I remember few flights ago I had the same thing happen where the video was way overexposed. Not sure how it fixed itself.
2017-9-18
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Adam9997 Posted at 2017-9-18 09:53
Can you please share you fix/setting?, I remember few flights ago I had the same thing happen where the video was way overexposed. Not sure how it fixed itself.

After changing the video settings to 1080 p, it was still in the manual selection so had to switch it back to automatic then I was able to see the 1080 p / 30 fps selection in the video grey numeric box.

Hope this answers the question.
2017-9-18
Use props
Adam9997
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2608901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-9-18 10:02
After changing the video settings to 1080 p, it was still in the manual selection so had to switch it back to automatic then I was able to see the 1080 p / 30 fps selection in the video grey numeric box.

Hope this answers the question.

Got it, thanks very much. I think my issue was locking AE on a dark area then turned toward the sun.
2017-9-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good to remember!
2017-9-18
Use props
Scott Ferguson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1425223 ft
United States

Good to hear an honest mistake was solved without badgering DJI it seems like more than a few post had blamed DJI for something that other forum members have solved just by pointing out something the OP's may have missed or had caused on their own. Just glad to hear an honest "I messed up" rather than blaming DJI or drone right off.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Lol, a bit nervous at the beginning and so glad at the end.
How did you get the problem solved? I think reset camera settings might help?
2017-9-18
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Scott Ferguson Posted at 2017-9-18 15:53
Good to hear an honest mistake was solved without badgering DJI it seems like more than a few post had blamed DJI for something that other forum members have solved just by pointing out something the OP's may have missed or had caused on their own. Just glad to hear an honest "I messed up" rather than blaming DJI or drone right off.

Precisely my point.
2017-9-19
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-18 22:13
Lol, a bit nervous at the beginning and so glad at the end.
How did you get the problem solved? I think reset camera settings might help?

Yes I guess you can but I didn't want to reset.

Changed the vid settings but didn't switch back to auto.  It was still in the manual selection so had to switch it back to auto.
2017-9-19
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

As I remember, when you do an update to the AC, ALL settings are reset, and you have to go back them all to put them back to where they were before the update...
2017-9-19
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 2017-9-19 07:30
As I remember, when you do an update to the AC, ALL settings are reset, and you have to go back them all to put them back to where they were before the update...

For some reason, I've done a couple of updates and some of the settings remained basically the same. I'll keep an eye out for upcoming upgrades to see what happens.
2017-9-19
Use props
BluesDragon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634291 ft
United States

Did something like this a couple weeks ago. Hadn't been airborne for a time and went to check for any updates before leaving the house. Sure enough there was a GO 4 update waiting for me. So I proceeded to update my Mini 4 with the latest version of Go 4. Fired everything up and got the dreaded 'no connection issue'. I started to freak out... deleted the Go 4 app.. reloaded it.. and tried again. Still 'no connection! Began to get that "freakin' DJI screwed me up" feeling. Then realized I had forgot to plug in the cable from the RC to my Ipad!! Kicked myself in the arse and went out for another perfect flight.
2017-9-19
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BluesDragon Posted at 2017-9-19 10:04
Did something like this a couple weeks ago. Hadn't been airborne for a time and went to check for any updates before leaving the house. Sure enough there was a GO 4 update waiting for me. So I proceeded to update my Mini 4 with the latest version of Go 4. Fired everything up and got the dreaded 'no connection issue'. I started to freak out... deleted the Go 4 app.. reloaded it.. and tried again. Still 'no connection! Began to get that "freakin' DJI screwed me up" feeling. Then realized I had forgot to plug in the cable from the RC to my Ipad!! Kicked myself in the arse and went out for another perfect flight.

"got the dreaded 'no connection issue'. I started to freak out."

I know the feeling. But hey ! You figured it out and didn't throw the Mavic under the bus.  
2017-9-19
Use props
BluesDragon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634291 ft
United States

Sometimes you just gotta take a step back, take a breath or two, and then restart from the beginning. I understand there are some real issues out there, but most can be simply over looked operator errors.
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules