Difficult starting video
570 5 2017-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryan1428
lvl.2
Turkey

Flew 2 beginners mode and today was my first time with the BM off. Have been trying to take video for all 3 flights. Thought all I needed to do was press the record button on the RC or the app. I have to press it a dozzen times to get it to record. Then it cuts off after random times. I have to try and start it again....pressing the button dozens of times. I get random video clips..... 2 min ....1 min ..... 30 seconds. Get a notification of a slow SD card. I dont know much about sd card choices. The only thing I know is some of my devices ask for 10x or faster cards. I and using a sandisk card 10x.
2017-9-18
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

YOu may have an SD card issue.. But in my first flights I was also very confused about the camera.   If the drone is set to take video and you press the still picture button, the first press of the button switches it to picture mode then a second press takes a picture.   If it is in still picture mode, the first press of the record button switches it to video mode and it takes a second press to start recording.  The red lights on the front of the drone are OFF when recording video  and ON when not recording.   You can't switch to picture mode while it is recording video... I assumed that red lights on meant recording, so I would turn the lights off and try to take a still... it would not work.. I found it confusing, but after a bit I got used to it..  Play with the camera on the ground and figure it out.   Try a different SD card if you can.
2017-9-18
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with the SD card issue, but I also had problems when I was using an old phone for the DJI app. The phone was either not fast enough, or some sort of error was happening where it wasn't communicating the status of the RECORD button. Using a Moto G5 now and have no issues, but also using faster SD cards. Could be either or both.
2017-9-18
Use props
ryan1428
lvl.2
Turkey

I will pick up a new card. will have to wait a bit for a new app devce. i ordered an external tablet holder.  i can get an ipad (not mini) at the bx (US military store). much cheaper than out in town. will i have any problems with the full size ipad?
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

ryan1428 Posted at 2017-9-19 00:59
I will pick up a new card. will have to wait a bit for a new app devce. i ordered an external tablet holder.  i can get an ipad (not mini) at the bx (US military store). much cheaper than out in town. will i have any problems with the full size ipad?

The full-size iPad may be too large to the Spark controller.
2017-9-19
Use props
ryan1428
lvl.2
Turkey

Looks like it worked. Starts and stops. I did update the app..... now the fpv video lags\pixeling like crazy.
2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules