DJI Assistant 2 not connecting to Spark. Android App not working
1941 11 2017-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RuneRider
New
Canada

After installing the latest version of the PC desktop software my spark is not recognised. The computer sees the drone and the SD card but the Dji Assistant 2 does not. I've tried different micro USB cables with no change. Interestingly, after uninstalling the new version and re-installing version 1.1.2 there is no change and it also cannot connect. This is the first time I've tried to connect with the desktop software since the last firmware update.

Also, the new version of the android app is completly broken and I'd very much like a download link for the previous version. You know, the one that actually worked.
2017-9-18
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

RuneRider, how much technical expertise do you have in viewing the device manager?  I'm curious if you have a device listed in the manager with a question mark, and if the title of that device is something that can be related to the Spark.  It's been a long time since I had this issue, but I had the issue that you had, and one of the clues I had was a driver that failed to install properly.  I don't recall what it was titled, but I think it was titled something pretty clearly associated with the Spark.
2017-9-18
Use props
RuneRider
New
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-18 10:28
RuneRider, how much technical expertise do you have in viewing the device manager?  I'm curious if you have a device listed in the manager with a question mark, and if the title of that device is something that can be related to the Spark.  It's been a long time since I had this issue, but I had the issue that you had, and one of the clues I had was a driver that failed to install properly.  I don't recall what it was titled, but I think it was titled something pretty clearly associated with the Spark.

I'm fairly proficient with PC hardware and software. Your question prompted me to manually add the INF files after the install package and that has worked. The software is still broken in my view but at least I'm connected now.
2017-9-18
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RuneRider Posted at 2017-9-18 13:17
I'm fairly proficient with PC hardware and software. Your question prompted me to manually add the INF files after the install package and that has worked. The software is still broken in my view but at least I'm connected now.

Well, that leaves us with tackling more specifics of your issues.  Maybe calibration.  Can you provide details of where and how you performed compass calibration and IMU calibration?  I know it's a basic question, but we have found where people didn't quite follow the procedures accurately, and in some instances we were able to suggest some improvements in how they calibrated, and in some instances we were able to suggest improved locations for calibration.
2017-9-18
Use props
RuneRider
New
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-18 13:24
Well, that leaves us with tackling more specifics of your issues.  Maybe calibration.  Can you provide details of where and how you performed compass calibration and IMU calibration?  I know it's a basic question, but we have found where people didn't quite follow the procedures accurately, and in some instances we were able to suggest some improvements in how they calibrated, and in some instances we were able to suggest improved locations for calibration.

I've performed calibration in my yard and in open fields far from any interference. The calibrations always complete. Today the message given was of high interference in an open field where there was none in the past. My main annoyance at the moment is the broken Android app. Today I had no video and disconnects were constant. I can deal with the ridiculous need to re-calibrate all the time but the new version of the app is complete garbage and has rendered my spark unusable.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Try reinstalling the software. Make sure your USB cable is working properly.
2017-9-18
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RuneRider Posted at 2017-9-18 13:33
I've performed calibration in my yard and in open fields far from any interference. The calibrations always complete. Today the message given was of high interference in an open field where there was none in the past. My main annoyance at the moment is the broken Android app. Today I had no video and disconnects were constant. I can deal with the ridiculous need to re-calibrate all the time but the new version of the app is complete garbage and has rendered my spark unusable.

It sounds like your calibration is in fact being performed as well as possible.  I have no suggestions on improvements to your method.  This does sound like a hardware issue.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

RuneRider Posted at 2017-9-18 13:33

What mobile device are you using? Have you tried to reinstall the APP, then run the APP in Airplane mode? Besides, please try different mobile devices if you can.
2017-9-20
Use props
RuneRider
New
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-20 00:26
What mobile device are you using? Have you tried to reinstall the APP, then run the APP in Airplane mode? Besides, please try different mobile devices if you can.

I've used two different devices, both are Samsung. The APP had been freshly installed after it the issues was first seen. I've not tried again since the day of the first post.
2017-9-25
Use props
RuneRider
New
Canada

RuneRider Posted at 2017-9-25 07:13
I've used two different devices, both are Samsung. The APP had been freshly installed after it the issues was first seen. I've not tried again since the day of the first post.

I also used my wife's LG phone. No change in connectivity issue.
2017-9-25
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

I seem to have the same problem with video lag/loss since the last upgrade, but it is suggested many do not, which is no help to me.
I have exported a typical
"flight"  to support and hope to havesome light shed on the matter. I will post any useful info.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

RuneRider Posted at 2017-9-25 07:17
I also used my wife's LG phone. No change in connectivity issue.

Can you see the Spark WiFi on your phone? Have you got any error message on the APP? Please try to reset the Spark WiFi, then try it again. If it persists, please provide a short video about this issue for better assistance.
2017-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules