Mavic Pro vs Mavic Pro Platinum noise test
4038 12 2017-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jon_ny23
lvl.2
United States

Been hearing about that it's the propellors that reduces the noise..kinda hard to believe that that's it.. so here's a video

2017-9-18
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

It appears at least for me, slightly lower noise level on the MPP. Not a huge difference.
2017-9-18
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.2
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-9-18 10:13
It appears at least for me, slightly lower noise level on the MPP. Not a huge difference. What I'm interested as many of you are is to test the newer props on the MP,

he did test the newer props on the MP.. i might just get the new props.. if you ask me not worth the extra 100 for the platinum when you can just get the props which slightly makes a little difference on the MP
2017-9-18
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jon_ny23 Posted at 2017-9-18 10:17
he did test the newer props on the MP.. i might just get the new props.. if you ask me not worth the extra 100 for the platinum when you can just get the props which slightly makes a little difference on the MP

Totally with you on that. Video here is a bit shaking here, need to view again but thanks for posting.
2017-9-18
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are we sure the MPP doesn't have different motors as well?  Just curious.  I mean I notice the power delivery is way different from the new ESC's, but the entire motor sounds different  Maybe just the video.
2017-9-18
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Not a scientific test.  Can't tell a thing about noise from this because conditions were not the same for each run.  You need measured distance, elevation, and angle from the drone, as well as measured distance from the drone to the surface under it for reflections.  Also maintain angle of the microphone.  It shouldn't be directional, but matching all conditions will make it a more believable test.
2017-9-18
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

If you need perfectly testing conditions to hear the difference, then there probably isn't enough of a difference between the two.

There should be a noticeable difference no matter what the conditions are ( at least enough to live up to the marketing claims)
2017-9-18
Use props
Nick779
lvl.2
Flight distance : 459610 ft
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-9-18 10:26
Are we sure the MPP doesn't have different motors as well?  Just curious.  I mean I notice the power delivery is way different from the new ESC's, but the entire motor sounds different  Maybe just the video.

Its the difference between a non hardware PWM ESC and an ESC with hardware based PWM.

Miniquad racers are all pretty much familiar with what they sound like.

Its basically like comparing basic BLheli escs to BLHeli_S or KISS.
non hardware based PWM ESCs cant idle at low RPM, so they blip to get the props unfolded. Hardware based PWM escs can idle so slow they can just spin at a low RPM steadily.

Both are about the same realistic efficiency at speed.
2017-9-18
Use props
Vannibombonato
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325778 ft
Italy

Well, if the distance was the same and the test was properly conducted it's pretty clear: new props clearly improve noise level, avg 3db if im not mistaken.
2017-9-18
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nick779 Posted at 2017-9-18 11:06
Its the difference between a non hardware PWM ESC and an ESC with hardware based PWM.

Miniquad racers are all pretty much familiar with what they sound like.

That was actually quite useful knowledge,  Thank you.
2017-9-18
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Quite frankly, I would be much more interested in improved flying performance of my Mavic, than in merely slightly reduced noise.
2017-9-18
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I definitely heard a difference the mavic Pro Motors have a loud whistle to them. Without props too the new ones because of the ESC seemed a lot smoother also the startup of the motors doesn't do the double rev in  the mavic pro platinum. All this is definitely because of the new ESC'S
2017-9-18
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I also think that the double Rev up in the beginning when the mavic pro starts up ...is just to throw the props in alignment whats cool is the new one(platinum) doesn't do the double rev but does one quick smooth rev up  and gets the same job done.
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules